1982 Bicycle Frame Bar Pic [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : 1982 Bicycle Frame Bar Pic

dmooretoys
02-28-2005, 02:13 AM
I love items like this from 1982 (my favorite collecting year)! This is a pic of a bicycle frame bar pad but the really cool thing is the package art. Check it out!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dmooretoys/detail?.dir=a4aa&.dnm=ff2d.jpg&.src=ph

Dan

Tattoo Shane
02-28-2005, 12:00 PM
Oh man! That thing is KILLER! And the art is pretty smokin' too.

dmooretoys
02-28-2005, 02:54 PM
Oh man! That thing is KILLER! And the art is pretty smokin' too.
I've got a set on the way that is even better than this. As soon as I get it I will post pics. I love finding new 1982 items because I remember getting some of these in the store when they first came out. I remember going into Target with my aunt and seeing the 1982 G.I. Joes for the first time--I just couldn't believe what I was seeing. They were awesome! I was on vacation to see my aunt in Chicago and she bought me several of the first figures and vehicles. When I went back home to small-town West Virginia I was the coolest kid in school because at first I was the only one who had Joes! Unfortunately, that didn't last too long.....

dreams deferred
02-28-2005, 11:21 PM
That package art is great. It's like having the art from a vehicle or figure that was never released. I have a 1:21 scale bike like that and feel a custom will come out of this. If you have any more pics of package art like that then post more links, and thanks for this one.

dreams deferred
02-28-2005, 11:23 PM
Oh, I figured out there are severel from that link by going back and forward in the series. I especially like the underoos!

Obiwanjacoby
03-01-2005, 05:31 PM
HO HO! Yep! That package art would have sold me! :cool:

Great-great item there Dan! Whenever do you get time for the action figures? ;)

-PJ

dmooretoys
03-01-2005, 07:14 PM
HO HO! Yep! That package art would have sold me! :cool:

Great-great item there Dan! Whenever do you get time for the action figures? ;)

-PJ
There are toys, too? Seriously, I really don't have time to chase all of the figures so I am in the Kebco "One of every figure" club. I am mainly a MOC collector so the only time I look in the stores for the toys are when I want to get some armybuilders or when I want to get something that isn't included in the one of every figure club (like the comic 3-packs). Honestly, as far as the vehicles I only buy the ones I really like.

Dan

Xavieur@aol.com
03-02-2005, 04:28 PM
Very nice item, definitely rare, good find. Where did you find it/what category?