BAT creator? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : BAT creator?

Chairborne
03-01-2005, 01:08 PM
If I remember correctly, wasnt scrap-iron the original creator of the battle android troopers? In the current series of GI Joe valor vs. venom ive noticed Dr. mindbender seems to get all the credit, or did he just create the new version of the BATs?

danielmd06
03-01-2005, 02:24 PM
Argh. I think that it was actually Scrap-Iron in the cartoon series that inroduced Sgt. Slaughter (Arise Serpentor, Arise! Part One...?). It was Dr. Mindbender in the comic, though...around issue #45.

Chairborne
03-01-2005, 04:07 PM
I dont remember scrap-iron introducing Sgt. Slaughter. I do remember scrap iron standing on a cat walk above a whole bunch of BATs showing them to someone in the cartoon. Ive got alot of catching up to do. Better buy that DVD set I saw.

miragearmy
03-01-2005, 05:30 PM
If you wanna save your money, go here to view some episode summaries.
http://qktheatre.com/summaries/arise_serpentor_arise/

danielmd06
03-01-2005, 09:29 PM
I dont remember scrap-iron introducing Sgt. Slaughter. I do remember scrap iron standing on a cat walk above a whole bunch of BATs showing them to someone in the cartoon. Ive got alot of catching up to do. Better buy that DVD set I saw.

No. I didn't mean that Scrap-Iron personally introduced Sgt. Slaughter. Scrap-Iron built the BATS in the episode that introduced Sgt. Slaughter. This episode was Part One (of five) of the "Arise Serpentor, Arise!" storyline.

Royal Zarak
03-01-2005, 10:31 PM
TRUTH: Dr Mindbender is the original creator of the B.A.T.S. Scrap-Iron was only putting the parts together. Remember after Cobra was defeated by Sgt Slaughter, Cobra Commander said: "The BATS were a failure" but Mindbender interrupted and said: "My B.A.T.S. are perfect" Dr. Mindbender probably told Scrap-Iron how to assemble the bats.

Original creator- Dr. Mindbender.

Propadeutic
03-10-2005, 11:09 AM
Yeah, it's too bad those Cobras got to enjoy assembling their robots and vehicles back then. Nowadays, their equipment comes preassembled and Scrap-Iron has to spend hours undoing the twist-ties on each new model of android.

Obiwanjacoby
03-10-2005, 04:58 PM
Yeah, it's too bad those Cobras got to enjoy assembling their robots and vehicles back then. Nowadays, their equipment comes preassembled and Scrap-Iron has to spend hours undoing the twist-ties on each new model of android.

LOL, good one Propa!

-PJ

joebahama
03-29-2005, 10:30 PM
yeah thats funny. :p