Would you collect the sigma six over 3 3/4" Joes? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Would you collect the sigma six over 3 3/4" Joes?

joebahama
03-03-2005, 04:34 PM
Well I have been away from the collecting community for about 3 weeks so all this hype about the sigma six is new to me. I know Hasbro monitors these boards so I want to do a poll. How many of you guys would actually prefer the sigma six over the old 3 3/4" joes?

thorn
03-03-2005, 05:03 PM
hmmm.
you're putting this in kinda odd terms.
it might work for kids/people not yet into collecting, but for us collectors?

i mean when they came out withthe 3 3/4 line in 82, how do you imagine 12 inch collectors felt about them???
i know when i was little, many big kids and also parents kinda shrugged at the small joes in comparison to the old school big ones.

also= we are people deep into collecting a certain line,
so to prefer the new line, as in think it is better thna the old?
doenst seem right.

it is one thing to like the new figs, want to collect them, not be that upset 3 3/34 is done for now for other reasons, but to think the new are better than what we've had all these years? rrrrrr. it is not gonna happen.

the question in more
do we like the new ones, will we buy any, or not?

(me, im thinking well i am glad not to feel the need to rush out and search for more 3 3/4 for awhile. the sigma's= i ll get one or two , they look decent for display, but i dont see many armies forthcoming)

Rotty
03-03-2005, 05:05 PM
Well I have been away from the collecting community for about 3 weeks so all this hype about the sigma six is new to me. I know Hasbro monitors these boards so I want to do a poll. How many of you guys would actually prefer the sigma six over the old 3 3/4" joes?

Nah, I'll be expending my hobby budget on a combination of 3 3/4" Joes on the secondary market and Microman/Micro Action (Takara's licensed characters with current Microman/Microlady articulation, including or set to include comics-style Batman, Batman Begins, Street Fighter, Aliens, Predator, and Devilman licenses) and Toy Biz's upcoming 1:18 superarticulated Marvel characters (Marvel Super Hero Showdown, coming to TRU and Diamond in August) at retail. If they make a Scarlett in the new size, I might buy her as a gift for a friend.

Merax
03-03-2005, 07:12 PM
Not a chance, no way, no how. Even my 5 year old dislikes them. They look like something out of Adult Swim. Now i'm not knocking Adult Swim because I watch it every night, but Joes and Anime design shouldn't be mixed like that IMO. Maybe, just MAYBE, if they sold for 4.99 or even 5.99 I MIGHT consider picking up one or two just to store away. I may however check out the cartoon when it starts. My main dislike is that they are ending the best line to start up this one. Maybe it's like Teenage Ninja Turtles to me...I hate TMNT... when I was a kid people jumped on the turtles bandwagon and that began the phase out of the original Transformers line.(at least where I grew up it did.. all of the stores carried less and less Transformers and more and more soup stock as I like to call them:D )

Deogg
03-03-2005, 08:51 PM
Short answer:
No.

Long answer:
Absolutely positively NOT.

MikePrime
03-03-2005, 09:05 PM
No, I would not collect Sigma Six over 3 3/4" Joes. I don't even like the 12" ones. To me, those G.I. Joes are a little too close to dolls. god bless the '80s and Ronald Reagan, who appointed the FCC head that helped throw out the law preventing toy marketing through children's progamming.

stad
03-03-2005, 09:09 PM
I'll be sending all my money to people that actually produce what I want, like powerjedi/sohappyfish/mudnemo whoever. I just hope they actually are skimming them from Hasbro now, whereas before, I preferred to assume (until proven otherwise) that they attained them legitimately, at least under China/Hong Kong law.

Serpentor II
03-03-2005, 10:05 PM
No.. I certainly do not prefer the SS figures of the 3.75 figures mainly because there is no real place for them in my little joeverse/collection. What I will be doing is collecting the rest of the old school 3.75 joes I want and stepping up my Marvel Legends collecting too.

CGC
03-03-2005, 10:10 PM
I mentioned the same thing in an earlier thread, the only way I would be interested in S6 is if they released BATS. In my Joeverse, it's entirely possible that Mindbender would produce an 8" version, but the 12" were just too big. :D

FireFox91
03-03-2005, 10:47 PM
I hate to say it but I think the answer to this poll will be pretty obvious considering this is a 3-3/4" fan forum. Ask a anime group and you will probably get exactly the opposite answer.

Agent Orange
03-03-2005, 11:04 PM
I'll be sending all my money to people that actually produce what I want, like powerjedi/sohappyfish/mudnemo whoever. I just hope they actually are skimming them from Hasbro now, whereas before, I preferred to assume (until proven otherwise) that they attained them legitimately, at least under China/Hong Kong law.

That's not a bad idea.

I most certainly WILL NOT be buying the Sigma Six figures. They interest me in no way, and besides, I can think of a lot of companies that deserve my money more than Hasbro.

Denethore
03-03-2005, 11:09 PM
My son and I only started, but he said the sigma six look robotic and asking $14.99 per fig was a NO WAY. He 9yrs going on 13 his interest is leaning towards music. He ask for the new Greenday CD.

Agent Orange
03-03-2005, 11:11 PM
Maybe, just MAYBE, if they sold for 4.99 or even 5.99 I MIGHT consider picking up one or two just to store away.

Well, you shouldn't have to wait too long for that, because I see these figures going on clearance VERY SOON after release.

Rotty
03-04-2005, 12:06 AM
Well, you shouldn't have to wait too long for that, because I see these figures going on clearance VERY SOON after release.

... and personally, I still won't consider them unless they make a Scarlett. If clearance stickers ever touch these things, they'll have no more future value than Sgt. Savage figures, and would take up a lot more of my limited storage space. I gotta keep that space free for my motor pools and aircraft.

whakojacko
03-04-2005, 12:38 AM
28 votes and everyone is a no. Why the heck doesn't Hasbroke just start a new line of toys entirely and just leave the Joes alone. Good luck anyway Hasbro but personally I think they're going staight to the clearance isle.

whakojacko
03-04-2005, 12:41 AM
On the other hand I guess this is good news for Big Lots and Family Dollar! :D

Deogg
03-04-2005, 12:42 AM
These will be the mainstays of the 2005-06 edition of TRU's 90% off Green Tag Clearance Sale.

And they STILL won't sell.

Ann G
03-04-2005, 12:46 AM
I put not sure, I will wait and see...

I wouldn't really collect them "over" the 3.75 inch joes, but if I like them I will get them in addition to continuing to collect the little joes.

Rotty
03-04-2005, 01:14 AM
28 votes and everyone is a no. Why the heck doesn't Hasbroke just start a new line of toys entirely and just leave the Joes alone.

Because the smallest production runs for repainted figures are over 10,000 units, and much higher for original sculpts (I think, I don't know what the number is on Horrorshow). As far as Hasbro knows, there aren't even 10,000 adult RAH-mythos collectors buying figures at retail.

themac339
03-04-2005, 02:40 AM
I have an idea let me know what you think. If I were in charge of the line I would make the figures 5 inches or about the same height as Batman figures, keep the articulation that the 3 3/4 inch figures had, keep the realistic weapons, give them weapons that attach to their bodies I have always wished that you could use the weapons most figures had painted and molded on thier bodies, also I would not have a Snake-Eyes figure every year,come on Hasbro, Snake-Eyes is my favorite figure, but there were seven Snake-Eyes figures from 1982-1994 and seventeen from 1998-2005 give him a rest for a little while and use some other figures. With a 5 inch well articulated, well detailed figure Hasbro could make a rack up. Old and new collectors would love it. They could tie the line into the new comic and cartoon. Hasbro could charge $4.99 for each figure. I have a feeling Sigma Six will be the third death of G.I.Joe. Maybe they don't remember G.I.Joe Extreme and Sgt. Savage. Who is gonna payfifteen dollars for a G.I.Joe figure? The twelve inch figures don't even cost that much. Who is in charge at Habro a chimp? I can see changing the recipe a little, but come on. If these message boards are any indication they have a disaster in the making.

YELSEW
03-04-2005, 02:51 PM
I answered have to wait and see them, because I might collect them when they come out, but I wouldn't prefer them over the 3 3/4" anyday. For me, I just have to see them, but as it is now I will probably not even bother with them. I will wait for the 3 3/4" stuff to come back.

whitedalek
03-04-2005, 04:37 PM
No, I'm a 3 3/4 man through and through!!

Dreadnok4life
03-05-2005, 03:35 AM
**** no. I'm spending my money on my other hobby.. My rock band.

Dreadnok4life
03-05-2005, 03:37 AM
By the way.. the shocking four letter word I typed was HECK with two "L"s instead of the ck. Why is that word blocked out?

blackdragon
03-05-2005, 03:50 AM
because that word is very band and it OFFENDS ME!!!!

Dreadnok4life
03-05-2005, 04:03 AM
because that word is very band and it OFFENDS ME!!!!

LOL... You are being sarcastic? Right?

RAS ONE J
03-05-2005, 10:29 AM
when i think of gi joes..i think of 12 inch or 3 3/4 not gi joe extreme or any other spin off mutation.

if hasbro wants to try new things that's fine but to actual retire small joes that's huge. So many of my friends that collected joes in the past are totally shocked with news as well.

flash70
03-05-2005, 10:38 AM
NO!!! A THOUSAND TIMES NO!!!

THE FIGURES WILL FAIL AND THE CARTOON WILL FAIL...JUST LIKE BEAST MACHINES DESTROYED THE BEAST WARS CARTOON AND ACTION FIGURES.

ANOTHER FAILED HASBRO ATTEMPT!!!!:mad:

GI Trekker
03-05-2005, 11:42 AM
I cannot imagine bringing one of these Sigma Six things into my home. Even if I didn't hold them responsible for the cancellation of the 3-3/4" line (I know, I should really be holding Hasbro execs responsible for that), between their ridiculous appearance and the $15.00 price tag, there's no way I would buy one of these things. And if for some reason someone sent me one as a gift, the only conceivable use I could think of for it would be to distract a certain dog in this apartment complex that chased me once. Give him something else to chew on.

masteratarms2ndclass
03-05-2005, 02:13 PM
This is GI Joe 'extreme' all over again. The big H will never get my money for these abominations...