View Full Version : Ebay scum is busted!

Beach Head
03-10-2005, 02:44 PM
http://newyorkpost.com/seven/03092005/news/regionalnews/42175.htm

whitedalek
03-10-2005, 03:00 PM
I hope she gets all 4 years in the slammer!!

darkstar
03-10-2005, 03:26 PM
She isn't very bright.

Obiwanjacoby
03-10-2005, 05:11 PM
The complaints almost doubled to 98,650 last year from 51,000 in 2003, and accounted for 16 percent of all complaints.

The total number of complaints about Internet-related crimes — including fraudulent auctions and scams in which the consumer was contacted via the Internet — was 205,568.

The crimes cost consumers $265 million, the agency said.

And ebay was founded on the "everyone is basically good" ideal. :rolleyes:

That'll show 'em.

-PJ

FireFox91
03-10-2005, 05:23 PM
I love how eBay always spouts that the rip offs are a rare occurance. If they are so rare, why has just about everyone that has ever used it for a resonable amout of time been ripped off? I know I have been. Granted, it was for only $13 but I still got ripped off.

Serpentor II
03-10-2005, 05:31 PM
The core of the problem is that Ebay only really protects the sellers who could be anyone but not the customers. As long as Ebay is being paid they could care less about who gets stolen from. Cases like this may finlly force them to rethink their stance.

thorn
03-10-2005, 06:54 PM
GOOD!! i only wish they had caught her sooner.
she deserves no mercy

Merax
03-10-2005, 07:40 PM
That is just the stuff she was caught for.. wonder how much she got away with that was paid through cash, paypal, and bidpay. Maybe this will also send a message to the idiots who think they can get away with ripping people off. Things like that always catch up to you in one way or the other. The lowest of which is that your reputation is shot, and there is ALWAYS someone who doesn't live very far from you who will find out and spread the word around. I personally like showing up at the idiot's door, that usually gives a nice pucker effect in remote parts of the body. I have only done it once and that was for a 1300 dollar transaction my wife made. Come to find out they never had the items they were selling either.
If a person wants to prove a point, a simple transaction for 10$ can turn into pretty big deal for an idiot. Most people just write off the little ones as lessons learned. Not me... I'm a grown man and have learned all the lessons I really want to learn already. I never let things like that slide and get satisfaction one way or the other in the end.
I'm glad all of those people are going after her and i'm sure there will be more once the little 20-50$ "deals gone wrong" people get wind of it. They will jump on the band wagon and that 20-50$ transaction can turn into several hundred easily.
Also they didn't go into the US Post Office's intentions as well. That is one nasty part that people forget about. I was a Cop for several years and have worked with these guys a couple of times... Nasty.:D
I'll definetly have to keep up with the outcome of this one, should be funny!
Sorry for ranting, but I can't stand a thief, plain and simple. No matter the amount taken, a thief is a waste of oxygen to me and should be punished to the fullest extent.

sithviper
03-12-2005, 03:02 AM
I knew this girl, not very well, because both of my sisters performed with her in the C.W. Post Orchestra & band. In fact one of them had this girl as a roommate about 2 years ago. When my sisters heard that she was arrested, they were rolling on the floor laughing.

sithviper
03-12-2005, 03:11 AM
She plea-bargained down to one year in prison.

ImaWalkingCorpse
03-13-2005, 12:59 AM
I hate stories like this because then it makes us honest ebay sellers look bad. I hope she does get 4 year and stays for every last day of it.

MARSagent
03-13-2005, 12:17 PM
Im a cop in NYC and I promise you she'll never do a day in jail. Whitecollar crime Non-violent and she most likely doesn't have a criminal history. Suspened jail sentence and about 500hrs of community service and 4yrs probation.

sithviper
03-19-2005, 01:27 AM

darkstar
03-19-2005, 01:06 PM

That really sucks if that's the case, she deserves the maximum sentence.

blackdragon
03-19-2005, 01:45 PM
yea man, give her the chair!!