Yojoe yellow pages [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Yojoe yellow pages

sinnister
03-11-2005, 08:31 PM
Has there been any thought on adding a 'yellow pages' as a sticky at the top of either the For Sale or For Trade sections of the website? Like one list of the persons username with his website(of Joe items for sale or trade) next to it? I, for one, like to browse other peoples' sites for items I'm needing and this would be a great 'one stop' resource to find all the sites.

I suppose you would have to request to be added onto it, and one person edit the thread like Tanner does for the good/bad traders thread.

Thoughts??

CGC
03-11-2005, 08:40 PM
That's a good idea, but it might be tough to make it work. I suppose whoever was organizing it, to be fair, would have to list everybody who expressed an interest in being listed. Just listing everybody you know of, it's easy to overlook a site, & there's probably going to be a lot that aren't known. Good idea, I'd certainly like to see it, but would it create a conflict with any paying sponsers? I'd like to see it, but I'm glad I don't have any responsibility toward something like that. :confused: :)

sinnister
03-11-2005, 08:45 PM
Well, I figure...

Whoever wants to be listed will respond to the thread. The 'owner' of the thread will list them in the first part of the thread like the good/bad traders thread. To keep it fair, people would be listed either by first come/first serve or alphabetically. The advertisers sites must have Joe stuff for trade or it doesnt get listed in the directory. I have no problem maintaining the thread if there is an expressed interest in it.

CGC
03-11-2005, 09:07 PM
I think it's a great idea, & I'd love to see it, it'd be a nice quick-referance to who's available. I just meant that with some of the overboard political correctness, it might be a real toe-stepper. But by listing alphabetically anyone who asks to be listed, it should work. :)

The MASS Device
03-12-2005, 08:16 AM
I say go for it. I think it would be cool.