Is Anyone Here From the Boards Setting Up At The Upcoming Chicago Show? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Is Anyone Here From the Boards Setting Up At The Upcoming Chicago Show?

zartanmaniac
03-15-2005, 02:05 AM
Hi all:
I was just curious if any of you will be setting up at the Chicago Show in April? Is this still a good show to check out? I heard its going kind of downhill due to the internet. Also if you are setting up will any of you be bringing any really nice carded stuff from 1982-1991? I'm planning on setting up with a bunch of case fresh: Gi joe,Mask,Silverhawks,Cops,Karate Kid, and other items from the eighties. Hope to hear from you guys that will be setting up there.

Jeremy

Crimson Viper Commander
03-15-2005, 02:13 AM
Might help if you specify when, where, etc..

Blayloxzuess
03-15-2005, 08:43 AM
I don't think I'll be setting up there this time, but I will be by Matt & Chris Neal's booth heckleing them all weekend :-) They always have some nice 80's carded figures and are very reasonable with prices!

Let us know where your table is going to be, I'd like to check out that Karate Kid stuff, cheesy but great movie!

zartanmaniac
03-15-2005, 09:15 AM
The Show is on Sunday April 24th at the Kane County Fairgrounds in St. Charles Illinois. I've gone with a friend who sets up there a couple of times and have each time come across some nice unopened stuff. I've been in contact with Mark Huckabone who I swear is one of the better sellers to set up there,but I'm not sure if he'll show.

Hey if anyone is setting up or are going to be there that could bring nice boxed or carded stuff please email me. I'd like to work something out with you so maybe you could hold something for me for the show and I'll pick it up then.

Thanks!!!!
Jeremy

flash70
03-15-2005, 10:07 AM
Sw Celebration 3 That Weekend april 21 - 24th - Bummer - But Celebration 3 Will Be Better!!!:d

GBPackRat
03-16-2005, 11:47 AM
Blay, rumor is Chris won't set up at the show this april cuz he'll be at the SW thing in Indy.

I don't plan to set up, but I'll be there in full force checking things out. I always seem to manage to blow about $100 easy down there...

Tanner

Blayloxzuess
03-16-2005, 12:35 PM
Blay, rumor is Chris won't set up at the show this april cuz he'll be at the SW thing in Indy.

I don't plan to set up, but I'll be there in full force checking things out. I always seem to manage to blow about $100 easy down there...

Tanner

yeah, I just talked to Chris yesterday, he ain't going. Niether is Kevin (krymsyngard666). Looks like it might just be me & you, lol. Maybe Nomad?

Biohazard
03-16-2005, 04:29 PM
i MIGHT try and go, all depends how well my checks are from work. anybody got specifics where this place is?

Nomad
03-16-2005, 07:50 PM
yeah, I just talked to Chris yesterday, he ain't going. Niether is Kevin (krymsyngard666). Looks like it might just be me & you, lol. Maybe Nomad?

I should be there - but no setting up for me.