spam and the board [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : spam and the board

dockingbay97
03-17-2005, 08:42 PM
We have had a lot of spam on the board lately - trying to sell us everything from stocks to tvs.

A lot of these guys are posting late at night.

If you see this happening - feel free to hit the report post exclamation mark to make sure a mod is aware.

We are trying our best to deal with these users as soon as they post.

thanks

superhero74
03-17-2005, 08:44 PM
It was not my intention to "spam". I just wanted something to contribute. Anyways. I have sent you an email for my appologies. Sorry and thanks

dockingbay97
03-17-2005, 08:48 PM
You weren't really spamming - if you were, I would have done something else. You really just flooded with the same message.

from the rules in the FAQ

Flooding
Don't put the same message in different forums.
Don't flood a forum with the same message.
Do not flood the forums by posting individual messages for each item you have for sale or trade.

The spammers I am talking about all have 3-4 posts and all of them have links to some sales pitch for drugs, tvs, vacations, stocks etc. We have no tolerance for that.

bluebikerboy1
03-17-2005, 08:48 PM
he only shut you down cause you had more than 1 thread talking about the same thing. nothing personal im sure.
on that note when i finish unpacking in my new place im going to check my hiss to see if the cannon is busted. if it is ill contact you.

Biohazard
03-18-2005, 12:10 AM
doh, dock i never even noticed that exclamation point thing until just now. i wish i had seen that when we had that other spam bout.

dockingbay97
03-18-2005, 12:16 AM
I guess I should have said - report the post if the spammer is an active member and not been banned. If he has been banned - we have delt with that occurance already.

thanks

Nick

JeffreyKabal
03-18-2005, 07:01 AM
we had a problem on our board as well.
a guy with an e-mail adress pepotamo or something like it was posting links to sites with free lesbian pics and such.
Bunch of losers. Go get your money in a real job and make decent commercials instead of spamming.

Pete The Greek
04-05-2005, 10:43 PM
I have noticed this as well. Can't these threads be deleted instead of locked? I don't want to see them at all.

action-figures.ca
05-11-2005, 11:11 AM
On a similar note, I was wondering if I could post a link to a contest I am running on my message board in the Off Topic section? It is something I am going to run for the upcoming Star Wars ROTS movie. I though I would ask here first so I don't break any rules. LMK. Thanks.

dockingbay97
05-11-2005, 12:00 PM
On a similar note, I was wondering if I could post a link to a contest I am running on my message board in the Off Topic section? It is something I am going to run for the upcoming Star Wars ROTS movie. I though I would ask here first so I don't break any rules. LMK. Thanks.

fine with me

bluebikerboy1
05-11-2005, 10:45 PM
you know i have never seen an actual spam thread on this board before. someone should start one.

SoulcatcherX
05-11-2005, 11:40 PM
Sure thing.... I'll get right on it.

:eek:

:D
hehehe j/k

Cavalry Man
05-11-2005, 11:41 PM
I hate spam. Except the spam that comes in a can. It's strange but tasty. MMMMMMMMMMMmmm spam.

Seriously though, spamming is iritating.