Who or what are the Coil?? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Who or what are the Coil??

The Faceless Master
03-17-2005, 10:30 PM
I dont follow the comics, are they loyal only to Serpy?
what do they look like, anybody have a scan?

Reptilian Popinjay
03-18-2005, 02:11 AM
I've read some of the new comics (the TPB's, anyway). The Coil was a faction of COBRA that was loyal to Serpentor and resurrected him. They were a fifth column in COBRA until the time of Serpentor's return, then they revealed themselves. Members of the Coil during the second COBRA civil war were Serpentor, Dr. Mindbender, Firefly, Zandar, Overkill (the SAW Viper that killed Doc and the other Joes in the Marvel series) and Overlord. Some of the Coil soldiers look, I think, kind of like the VvV Night Creepers only in different colors. The Coil insignia looks something like the snake logo that is on the side of the 1985 COBRA Hydrofoil.

They're really not very well-developed in the DD comics. The DD comics are much more like the Sunbow animated series in content than the original Marvel comics.

The Faceless Master
03-19-2005, 08:56 AM
thank you mystery mod for moving my post!! :D

TR1
03-20-2005, 04:46 PM
The Coils are an Elite group of joe collectors from chicago oh wait the other Coil sorry dawg! lol

bluebikerboy1
03-20-2005, 07:10 PM
dude colis are the things that are sticking out your mattress lol

danielmd06
03-20-2005, 08:25 PM
By my own limited knowledge...the Coil (according to DDP comics) are a small faction of former Cobra agents and new terrorist recruits who are loyal to Serpentor. They originally headquartered on Cobra Island. Their general officer appears to be Overlord (from the ARAH toy that came with the Dictator vehicle). Serpentor and his Coil were vanquished by Cobra and Joe forces in a major battle on Cobra Island. Apparently the majority of them were just incinerated in a strike on Cobra Island. We don't know whether the Coil will be finished off, or possible rise again.

The Faceless Master
03-21-2005, 03:53 PM
thanks for the helpful input!!