Action Man movie? Will Hasbro make figures for it? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Action Man movie? Will Hasbro make figures for it?

airedevon
03-18-2005, 05:09 PM
Just saw this on the net -- don't even know if it's true or not... anyone else have any news about it?

http://www.ananova.com/entertainment/story/sm_1318488.html

Since Hasbro already has a relationship with Lucas films, and Hasbro owns the Action Man license - it makes sense that they would come out with action figures to tie in with the movie... 12"? 3 3/4" ? Maybe by then, Hasbro will be ready to go back to those scales... It would be cool if there were a GI Joe tie in.... :-)

Aire

CGC
03-18-2005, 05:23 PM
Interesting. That would be an easy re-entry point for getting back into the toy market:
GI Joe: Action Man
If they're starting in '07, that would be a little more of a hiatus than I'd expect, but it's hard to see this movie not producing Joes.

airedevon
03-18-2005, 05:42 PM
Yea, I agree.... I wouldn't even be surprised it Lucas asked for the Joe hiatus... Lucas is a marketing wizard, and creating a "hole" in traditional scale Joe figures, would definitely leave collectors chomping at the bit for "new" figures to be made (by the time his movie comes out)- and happy as little kids when, after many many months, they are suddenly in the stores again...

Albeit different... but filling the "need"

Maybe they will do an Action Man 6 pack and throw in a token GI Joe like they did with Action Man a while back... :-)

Interesting..... Hmmmmm......

CGC
11-28-2005, 03:53 PM
Thought this was worth dragging up. Has anybody heard anything on this recently? Was it just a rumor?

Keeping my fingers crossed...

code red shockwave
11-28-2005, 03:57 PM
Well Action Man already got made with the NF 6-pack and Dr. Mindbender v2 sorta looked like Dr. X.

Pete The Greek
11-28-2005, 05:55 PM
Yea, I agree.... I wouldn't even be surprised it Lucas asked for the Joe hiatus... Lucas is a marketing wizard, and creating a "hole" in traditional scale Joe figures, would definitely leave collectors chomping at the bit for "new" figures to be made (by the time his movie comes out)- and happy as little kids when, after many many months, they are suddenly in the stores again...

Or this could backfire and tick off alot of the GI JOE collecting community like what the hiatus did earlier in the year. Stupid move if Hasbro does this.

Dreadnok4life
12-02-2005, 04:17 AM
What's an Action Man and why do we care? Please inform me. Sounds almost like an Austin Powers movie. I'm Action Man baby...

CGC
12-02-2005, 02:07 PM
What's an Action Man and why do we care? Please inform me. Sounds almost like an Austin Powers movie. I'm Action Man baby...
UK/European GI Joe.