Action Force Missle Defense and Alpha Checkpoint [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Action Force Missle Defense and Alpha Checkpoint

Super_scrub
03-19-2005, 03:05 PM
Okay, I'm pretty much ignorant when it comes to international releases so this question might seem like a no-brainer to some of you.

I just bought a small childhood collection (From someone in the US). In it was the Missle Defense and Alpha Checkpoint but instead of GI Joe logos they had Action Force logos. They've been in storage for awhile and he doesn't remember where he got them from.

I guess my question is, where were these released and are they harder to find then their GI Joe counterparts? I looked on some AF sights but couldn't find them listed. Any info on these would be great! Thanks.

jabba the drunk
03-20-2005, 01:07 AM
Hi Super Scrub!

You won't find much on this on the net. But rest assured, this is an item that is much more rare then the US released G.I. Joe Checkpoint Alpha.

You have a release from the United Kingdom. In the U.K., many of the G.I. Joe items we love here in the states, were released with the name "Action Force", then later" Action Force: International Heroes"

The U.K. Action Force items are much more rare than the U.S. releases, due to the the population and area factors.

-Peter

CGC
03-20-2005, 09:03 AM
I get most of my Action Force info at Action Force Online (http://www.actionforce.org/home.html). It's not quite as thorough as YoJoe, but there is way more info on the GB stuff, & a lot of Euro stuff in general.

Super_scrub
03-21-2005, 02:17 AM
Thanks for the info!

masteratarms2ndclass
03-21-2005, 10:01 AM
I get most of my Action Force info at Action Force Online (http://www.actionforce.org/home.html). It's not quite as thorough as YoJoe, but there is way more info on the GB stuff, & a lot of Euro stuff in general.

Yes, sweet sight. Thanks for the link. I had no idea this sight existed.

JeffreyKabal
03-21-2005, 01:05 PM
allthough there're less action force items they still are cheaper then the normal joe items.
I for one prefer to get my carded figures on Dutch or any other European card. They are way more limited then the American ones. We had a population of near 15 million in those days. So those cards are much harder to find, but still go cheaper. Good for me :)

GI joe was also called Action Force in Germany, Norway, Sweden, Finland and Denmark. And off course the AF toys themselves before GIJOE was released.

danyanda
03-21-2005, 07:39 PM
Super scrub, I don't know if this pertains to your situation, but I know that as a kid I bought a set of 6 small playsets through this Hasbro mail in http://yojoe.com/archive/inserts/deepsix.shtml Out of the 6, the rifle range, ammo dump, and forward observer were all action force versions. The brown plastic was a darker color and the blueprints and stickers were action force. The missile defense that I got was an American version, but the missile defense and checkpoint alpha were available as mail ins around the same time, so...

Super_scrub
03-22-2005, 06:31 PM
Super scrub, I don't know if this pertains to your situation, but I know that as a kid I bought a set of 6 small playsets through this Hasbro mail in http://yojoe.com/archive/inserts/deepsix.shtml Out of the 6, the rifle range, ammo dump, and forward observer were all action force versions. The brown plastic was a darker color and the blueprints and stickers were action force. The missile defense that I got was an American version, but the missile defense and checkpoint alpha were available as mail ins around the same time, so...

The guy I bought them from had a bunch of mail-ins so that could be what happened. All of his figures seem to be US issue. There was also a Cobra Bunker included with a different colored ground base then the US one I have.

Neal1971nl
03-24-2005, 08:56 AM
When it comes to figures you will hardly find any differences. Only the playsets might be a little different in colour sometimes.