Does anyone else have a Comic 3-pack Storm Shadow with white sleeves? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Does anyone else have a Comic 3-pack Storm Shadow with white sleeves?

Sephiroth
03-27-2005, 05:03 AM
I have a new comic 3-pack Storm Shadow whose upper arms are white. Not painted white, molded white. I was curious to see if anyone else has one like this as well.

notpicard
03-27-2005, 03:06 PM
Not me. Did you find it in the store or online?

Sephiroth
03-27-2005, 05:21 PM
I received it from a seller based in HK. The auction pictured the normal 3-pack Storm Shadow, but the one I recieved had the upper arms molded in white, part of the waist painted black, and the Cobra symbol has a white background similar to the 3-pack Firefly. I know this seller sold several 3-pack Storm Shadows, none advertised as "variants", but I'm curious to know if anyone else has one like mine.

Here's a comparison photo:

http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/3779361/1110091136311_Storm_Shadow_White_Sleeves_2b.jpg

robot_sonic
03-28-2005, 10:52 AM
I've seen a couple of these from the same seller. It is probably a pre-production variant. It is a cool variation and one that I took chance on getting by bidding on some of the auctions. (Haven't gotten the figure yet, though, so don't know if my gamble paid off.)

It was probably changed to help differentiate original SS's more visually. It's a cool piece, though, and one that doesn't get the publicity of the other, more distinctive, pre-production variants you see from Asia.