Valor Vs. Venom opinions [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Valor Vs. Venom opinions

Apochronox
03-28-2005, 11:29 AM
I just watched the movie today and I thought it was OK. I could tell it was made for kids but it was still cool enough to sit all the way through and watch it (I'm 24 years old.) The CGI work was really well done and cool. I liked some of the battles especially Snake Eyes vs. Storm Shadow. If you hadn't read the filecards, comic books, old cartoons, etc., I'm not sure how much character depth there would be in the movie, though. Watching the movie just made me remember the old cartoons. I could've sworn that Cobra Commander's voice was the same! Anyway, it's a cool movie considering it was done in CGI and the fact that it was made for kids.

gunless
03-28-2005, 02:10 PM
gotta say I just saw this myself and it was nowhere near as bad as I was expecting. some stuff was a little silly, but it had some great elements and better than expected computer animation.

whitedalek
03-28-2005, 04:34 PM
I thought it was hokey, but then, it was made for kids. I did love the banter between Slice and Dice though...pretty funny stuff.

Dreadnok4life
04-05-2005, 08:56 PM
I actually thought it was excellent. Much better than the previous one. I loved the animation and the story made sense. Too bad there won't be anymore. I thought the Ninja Battles DVD sucked.

Blight
04-05-2005, 10:15 PM
Was, is, and will always be nothing then an hour and a half long badly done toy commercial, advertisement, piece of junk and is probably one of the contributing reasons G.I. Joe is in such a lousy state right now, seeing as how this thing was probably as successful at attracting younger fans as unsuccessful tourism was in Rome this past week! End of discussion.
My money's on the new Anime series coming this Fall to FOX, produced by Studio GONZO.

Serpentor II
04-06-2005, 05:16 PM
I think it was better than spytroops. Even when the old series was lame it still seemed at least watchable. I guess I'm just biased. We live in very differnet times than the good old 80s for sure.

cobraferret
04-07-2005, 04:07 AM
If only I had the back to the future delorean time machine...Only I would make a time machine out of a ups truck or u-haul and get some good old fashioned 80's toys.
80's here I come......
I thought the valor vs. venom was way better than spy troops,but I really like a hand drawn g.i.joe cartoon.The old fashioned way.