Preview cover of Gi Joe #0 [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Preview cover of Gi Joe #0

Viper Commander
03-28-2005, 05:28 PM
Anybody else seen this (http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=5012)? it looks like Storm Shadow is a Joe again, what are evryones thoughts on this?

CGC
03-28-2005, 05:39 PM
Wow!
I can't wait to see that!
Were the Red Shadows named in the interview last month? I don't remember, but that does sound familiar. I have most of the UK Red Shadow figs & vehicles, but I thought that I'd also heard that this may not be the same group of Red Shadows. Any other news? I'm not a regular comic reader, so there's probably a lot that I don't know. Thanks for that link.

redxavier
03-30-2005, 03:21 PM
There's an interview with the writer on the net somewhere, and he (Joe Casey) has stated that they've only taken the name and their symbol.

Though he did seem positive about the idea of bringing Action Force characters into the mix in cameos... though he could have just been joking.

Angry Beef
03-30-2005, 06:19 PM
I know it looks like Storm Shadow and for all intents and purposes SHOULD be Storm Shadow..... BUT... I am hoping for a surprise... Zartan in the hood.

yojoeshow
04-02-2005, 10:02 AM
Whos the guy to the very left? Is that Falcon? I thought it was Flint but the other beret guy looks more like Flint.

Evil_Twin
04-02-2005, 11:48 AM
Is Stalker

CGC
04-02-2005, 06:52 PM
I know it looks like Storm Shadow and for all intents and purposes SHOULD be Storm Shadow..... BUT... I am hoping for a surprise... Zartan in the hood.
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zartan can't go to the Joes!!!
Oh, man! If that happens, I really don't want to hear about it! SS has gone back & forth a couple times, so I can accept that, but Zartan?, Wow, I just don't know, I don't think I'd go so far as saying I'll take the best offer for my collection, but that's really pushing it.

A surprise, yeah, good idea, but not that... :confused:

danyanda
04-02-2005, 07:09 PM
Its not like Zartan has not worked with the Joes before. With the exceptions of Cobra Commander, Firefly, and Major Bludd, all of Cobra's major players have worked with the Joes. Destro and the Baroness on a couple of occasions, Zartan and Billy after they escaped the freighter. Storm Shadow. Serpentor, Dr. Mindbender, and the twins during the Cobra Island civil war. Etc, etc, etc... Having any Cobras work with the Joes will just be more of the same.