G.I.Joe #41. (SPOILERS BEWARE) [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : G.I.Joe #41. (SPOILERS BEWARE)

Captain-DC
03-30-2005, 08:31 PM
Well what in the world can one say about G.I.Joe #41? First off? If you have not read issue #41 yet? Leave Now! You Been Warned!!!

(SPOILERS)

(SPOILERS)

Leave Now Last Chance!

(SPOILERS)

(SPOILERS)

Ok, if your still here you must of read issue #41 then right? Good for you. Now what do you think of this one?

Dr. Mindbender is Dead! Don't really care if he is. He should never been brought back in the first place. So i won't miss him then. I know some may like him? But he always failed at whatever plans he was up to so he didn't really help Cobra rule the world and all by this time. So he never would have. He! He!

Now as being one of my first all all time favorites was the Original G.I.Joe! Joe was the man. And for Devils Due to kill off the Original Joe was uncalled for... I'm really thinking of calling it quits with the comic after this. So if Devils Due goes out of business at this point blame me... He! He! Well?

Of course they could say that Joe was wearing a Bullet Proof vest as it would be like Joe to wear one. And it would be odd if he didn't knowing that they were after him. He'd be smart enough to wear a Bullet Proof Vest and know it. So he may be Dead as they are claiming here? But if he wore the vest? He may not be? Who Knows! (Keeping Fingers Crossed)

And what in the world is Devils Due thinking here? To be killed off by General Hawk!!! What the H*** Hawk would never done that to Joe they go way back. You say how do i know it was Hawk? Joe knew the Voice! And only Hawk goes back and all with Joe! And The guy called him afterwards Old Friend! So i know it can only be Hawk! But to turn Hawk into the leader of the Red Shadows! Devils Due has lost it! They are the ones that have gone Nuts here!

They need Help!

I'm Serious People! "Joe" was the man and all. And i'm hoping they give him a Bullet Proof Vest as "Joe" Would know to take caution and know he was a marked target! Joe is not stupid by any means. He would know to wear one period. Of course he may been shot in the Head? And all? But it didn't show that. So? He could be alive! ????

Anyways! Hawk as the leader of the Red Shadows! Again what is Devils Due thinking? What are they On anyway? Hawk would never go bad! Of course Hasbro made Hawk last year 2004 into Maximus and all? So maybe Devils Due also had to make Hawk go bad also and this was their way to do that? By making him a new bad guy leader of the Red Shadows... But This is all very Odd!

Hawk would have to be brainwashed to do anything like this. And Joe was his old Friend! So something went wrong somewhere!

Man! This really stinks! If Joe is really dead yes i'm really thinking of dropping the Comic for good! But i'll buy the last two issues to see what goes down and see if they say why? Otherwise after that? I may never buy a Comic again in my life! And that is no Joke!

Yo Joe!
Captain-DC

Nemesis666
03-30-2005, 08:59 PM
I just finished reading issue 41....

I don't see any reason to believe Hawk was the man who shot Colton.... and if this is actually the case, it will be a big let down. I already miss Hawk as the team leader....and now this.... And it is getting really irritating that every character has exactly the same face.... this is turning into a guess who it is game...

There are still 2 issues to go before before the new tittle... was Colton the big casualty they anouced?.... I don't think so. But il you look at the magazine add "one will fall" (or something like) and assuming the big casulaty would be among the characters displayed, my bets were on Colton.

Is mindbender really dead this time? This is almost getting funny. The only comic book characters we can safelly assume to be dead are Bruce Wayne (Batman)'s parents. Even Jason Todd (Robin 2) is not a safe bet anymore.

Hawk crippled... bah, a good writter can fix this. Mindbender...he's been dead already. I never believed the dead Baronness thing...

There are too many big events occuring for my tastes. The book is losing direction. We don't know were it is headed, nothing is safe and we aren't even sure what actually happened.

I understand that this is the result of the new directions the book is taking but since the finale of the Serpentor story arc it feels like all bets are off and everything gets shaken just for the sake of it.

I still have fun reading it. I don't read a lot of comics but Joes are what brought me back in but I just like less and less the way things are going. They still got me in, I want to see were it will go but maybe this is going too far.

Dead, wounded and supposedly dead caracters just keep adding up and every issue just tries to be bigger than the previous in terms of confusion. And I am beginning to loose sight of what each subplot was actually usefull for. Characters pop up and die out of nowhere. Whenever I felt like it was going back to classic Joes VS Cobra for at least some issues, things got more shaken up again and again.

Captain-DC
03-30-2005, 09:14 PM
"Joe" was shot because he knew his voice so "Joe" knew this person, And that's why they shot "Joe"... And the Guy said Old Friend! Only Hawk goes back with "Joe" So it has to be Hawk! So the Hawk out of Comission thing most likely was Faked! He isn't out of Comission and people think he is... So what a better cover to keep his secret from everyone else...

It may not be Hawk but all leans toward Hawk!

And the one to Die? Is not Joe! He was not a big known character in this series or Marvel. He only had a few roles and fews storylines. So Joe is not the One that will Die!

I see it now as their way to get rid of Hawk once and for all. Due to his age and all. They turn him Bad and he leads Red Shadows into a war and go after G.I.Joe and Cobra members... In the End? I'll say it will be Hawk! That is the One that will Die! They want to get rid of someone we know and have known for years. And i'm going with Hawk! He's gone bad and he's gonna be killed in issue #43 and that will be that. Then G.I.Joe will jump a year later in issue #0.. or say #1??? and then most likely Duke will run the team in that case? But Hawk will be the One to Die! But they shouldn't of said just One as many have died so far and many more will die in #42 and #43. So Hawk would be the one i think! And i still think is was Hawk who shot "Joe"

But we'll see?

These are my bets!

:)

But for them to Off "Joe" Again that is uncalled for! Man O' Man!

Captain-DC

Chuplayer
03-30-2005, 09:28 PM
I can't believe Colton is dead. He was awesome. I've even got the mail-in figure standing on top of my computer desk.

Overall, the issue was good, in my opinion. I also think there's too much going on, but better too much going on than not enough.

Deadman2099
03-30-2005, 10:57 PM
sorry, i don't read the comic anymore but what if it's someone else from the original gi joe line rather than hawk? if they can bring colton in they could bring in someone like.... BULLETMAN! dun dun dunnnnnn. and with that funky helmet he's got to be Destro's long lost love child or something. either way, i wouldn't stress too much about it snake-eyes is going to wake up and the whold devil's due run will have all been some bob newhart like dream sequence.

YoJoeNCSU
04-01-2005, 09:30 PM
I really don't see how it is Hawk that shot the guy. It looks nothing like Hawk. Also, just b/c it is a guy from way back doesn't mean Hawk is the only guy Colton ran into from the past. They are probably just hinting at the fact that Colton had a run in with the Red Shadows in a previous set of missions.

I can see how you could jump to that, but just doesn't seem likely.

41 was allright...quick to read, some fun stuff but overall the cheese factor was a little too high for my liking. I would have rather them show Barrel Roll ejecting vs. the 'big surprise' when you turn the page.

Kinda mixed feelings...I'll keep reading just b/c its the only comic i read and its GI Joe...but if they let the Red Shadows suddenly come in and start knocking off all the Joes it'll just seem to unreal. All these guys with years of experience training able to be offed so easily? Hopefully it won't go down that way.

Captain-DC
04-01-2005, 09:49 PM
Yah but no one in Joe's past knew his real name. The guy called him "Joseph"
So his name before 1994 Was still yet Classified! And everyone else now refers to Joe as General Colton.

This guy was on a first name Basis. His past enemy would not known his name.

And if you look at this guy's hair and the age on his face? This guy's Old! And if it's Hawk? He can always grow a Goatee! And that also would give Hawk, a more bad guy look if it is him.

To me it all leads to Hawk!

But they may and go and say something else?

Devils Due however did say that when the New series is started a Year later in time. The Age Factor would not be an issue! Meaning one? They make them all look young period. Or they Kill Off all the Old Characters in this current series and they then wouldn't be a problem in the new series as they would been killed off now.

I said One will Fall? This to me refers to as a Fall from Grace! Someone going Bad! And then it says One will Die? Again if they made Hawk the new bad guy? They most likley will have him Killed off in Issue #43. And so no Old characters would be left and the new Series jumps a year later and no Old characters in the new series as they were all Killed off in this series.

I may be wrong! And sometime i am. I can't believe they would have Hawk go bad and to shoot Joe? IF this is Hawk they Devils Due have lost their Minds!

But You also have to take into factor that the toys for Valor Vs Venom turned Hawk of all people into Maximus? Sure they turned him back in the end. But if Devils Due also were told to get rid of Hawk also? This would be a more likley choice to have him fall from Grace and be Killed Off by the end of this series.... But we have two Comic's to go so we'll see by then.

Also Devils Due didn't say that the Red Shadows will be in the New Comic Series. So most likely they are going to be gone in this series end.

We'll see then.

But to me i can say is this? to me it's Hawk! And i got a Bad Feeling about this!

:)

Captain-DC

Joeczar
04-02-2005, 08:30 AM
I was thinking along the lines of Bulletman too. Or even Mike Power, Atomic man. Or a disgruntled Sea or Air Adventurer form the Adventure Team. And that big guy in the ads for the Red Shadows could be an Intruder from the old AT days. I wouldn't put anything past them.

....but I don't think that was Hawk.

Dreadnok4life
04-05-2005, 12:20 AM
I don't know why anyone would think Bulletman or Adventure Team Dude would have anything to do with Devil's Due GI Joe universe. It's never been mentioned or hinted at by Blaylock and crew. I haven't read it yet, but now we have Mindbender and Colton dead. Geeezzzzzz. What a disaster they are making out of the series.

todd_m6d
04-05-2005, 11:28 AM
I think it's safe to say that wasn't Hawk that shot Joe. If you've seen any of the preview art for the upcoming issues that have been on the net, you'd know that Hawk is still crippled and being watched over by Kamakura. There's a scene where the Joes pull Hawk from his house and escape, I would assume from the Red Shadows.

todd_m6d
04-05-2005, 11:30 AM
here's that link... the picture is labeled GIJoe #42 page 20

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=5012

Deadman2099
04-05-2005, 02:19 PM
hehehe, well my original post was in jest. although it could happen.
think about it, if Joe Colton is in the DD universe then so could anyone from the adventure team or from the Super Joe line. in fact they had a character named Darkon and he was green... i'm wondering if Darklon was a homage to that era. If they're using Colton, and now Red Shadows i just don't see why the original adventure team wouldn't live in that universe as well. a question though, was Bulletman a villain or was he some sort of super gi joe like mike powers. also, what sets the DD universe apart from the Marvel universe other than guest appearances of JJ Jonah Jameson or other marvel characters?

Dreadnok4life
04-05-2005, 08:51 PM
The Red Shadows look like the typical Nicky Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D. enemy. Kinda bland.

assassin
04-06-2005, 03:37 AM
jjeeeezzz gimme a break

1 hawk is not the one who shot colton
like are u one drugs??
take a look thats not hawk that is nothing like hawk

2 there were a ton of errors in this issue
for instance
when lady jaye,grand slam, and wtv his name is halo jump into badikstan
there is 3 joes yet there is 4 parachutes

or how beachhead is not even on the team yet its him in the boat instead of lifeline and he asks gung ho a question but gung ho answers stalker instead???
whats with all the weak little errors

now something else i disliked about this issue
CC survives sooo much in his reign
assassination attempts
buried alive
shot by his own ppl
fighting serpentor
overthrow attempts
everything they threw at him

and how does he lose ?
a bald chick walks in and caps 2 crimsons tomax and xamot
and finally CC ???????????

BS!!!!!!!!!

and 7 joes take on all the cobra forces in badikstan like it was nothing ???
like whats the deal here????
did i miss somehting
when did cobra become like 15 troops ??

y didn;t they just finish them 10 yrs ago and boom voila problem solved

honestly i feel like i am missing something here
like somone pulled the wool over my eyes

like look who was there too
u got cc the twins zartan zandar blood wild weasel and now stall
so what do they
if u got the strongest team u play the game
but they run away ???

I have been a big fan of brandon jerwas run for sure

but this was by far the weakest read of the whole dd series

honestly i don;t expect everything to be kosher
thats why i read these comics but like
this was really just bad

assassin
04-06-2005, 03:54 AM
bahhh a few more things before i go to sleep

if u know nething about joe history
u know that joe colton was the leader of the first gi joe team
i believe that the red shadow who shot colton
was a person who IS american adn was a soldier either
on joe coltons gi joe team or had served with joe in a unit before

now another thing that irks me
is why kill derenko
that was a freaking awesome character
like soo many who have been killed really don;t matter
but derenko was actually cool he coulda been an awesome new
character in the new series
but no hes dead
already
thats sucks
andon top of that it wasn;t kamakura getting hsi revenge for his father
and it wasn;t duke getting revenge for chuckles

who was it ?
big bad scanner
like gimme a break

I really am disappointed with this issue
sheeeeyit
what next

watch 42
zartan dies
firefly dies
americas elite 0
SS and SE die
and scarlett becomes americas greatest warrior to lead the team

like god what next

flash70
04-06-2005, 10:32 AM
Some history lessons first -

way back when G.I.JOE came out under marvel comics...G.I.JOE #7 to be exact we get a glimpse of Hawks betrayal. Check it out here - G.I.*JOE (http://www.myuselessknowledge.com/joe/comics/7.html)

The whole devil's due take on G.I.*JOE was terrible. I was hoping for a better ride but we got shafted.

The stories were slow and boring.

Maybe this red shadow thing will be better ...feels like nazis in red coats.

Who knows...yo joe....:confused:

yohoob
04-06-2005, 11:44 AM
It seems people complain no matter what. When the joes die it sucks. when they live it sucks. Havent the joes been doing things that normally wouldnt happen since the marvel run. Its like an action movie unbeliveable things always happen in entertainment. bah thats my little rant

flash70
04-06-2005, 04:53 PM
blah. blah......blah...blah...:D

todd_m6d
04-06-2005, 05:17 PM
Some history lessons first -

way back when G.I.JOE came out under marvel comics...G.I.JOE #7 to be exact we get a glimpse of Hawks betrayal. Check it out here - G.I.*JOE (http://www.myuselessknowledge.com/joe/comics/7.html)

The whole devil's due take on G.I.*JOE was terrible. I was hoping for a better ride but we got shafted.

The stories were slow and boring.

Maybe this red shadow thing will be better ...feels like nazis in red coats.

Who knows...yo joe....:confused:

Yeah but that wasn't really betrayal... Hawk's mission was to send the Joes in as the decoy without their knowledge to keep up the appearance that the Joes were carrying the real plane and to also keep the October Guard and Cobra off the trail of the actual pickup. The mission ended successfully.

flash70
04-06-2005, 11:08 PM
well if you asked Larry Hamma which I did at last years convention he said it was a set up for a betrayal. However, it never was acted upon in any further issues.:D

Dreadnok4life
04-07-2005, 08:52 PM
Well Larry may have said that. But that's not how it was written in the issue. As posted before, the mission was a success and all the Joes made it out in one piece. To portray Hawk as a traitor is blasphemous. If it happens.

Dreadnok4life
04-07-2005, 08:55 PM
jjeeeezzz gimme a break

1 hawk is not the one who shot colton
like are u one drugs??
take a look thats not hawk that is nothing like hawk

2 there were a ton of errors in this issue
for instance
when lady jaye,grand slam, and wtv his name is halo jump into badikstan
there is 3 joes yet there is 4 parachutes

or how beachhead is not even on the team yet its him in the boat instead of lifeline and he asks gung ho a question but gung ho answers stalker instead???
whats with all the weak little errors

now something else i disliked about this issue
CC survives sooo much in his reign
assassination attempts
buried alive
shot by his own ppl
fighting serpentor
overthrow attempts
everything they threw at him

and how does he lose ?
a bald chick walks in and caps 2 crimsons tomax and xamot
and finally CC ???????????

BS!!!!!!!!!

and 7 joes take on all the cobra forces in badikstan like it was nothing ???
like whats the deal here????
did i miss somehting
when did cobra become like 15 troops ??

y didn;t they just finish them 10 yrs ago and boom voila problem solved

honestly i feel like i am missing something here
like somone pulled the wool over my eyes

like look who was there too
u got cc the twins zartan zandar blood wild weasel and now stall
so what do they
if u got the strongest team u play the game
but they run away ???

I have been a big fan of brandon jerwas run for sure

but this was by far the weakest read of the whole dd series

honestly i don;t expect everything to be kosher
thats why i read these comics but like
this was really just bad

So C.C. and the Twins got wasted? WTF?

CGC
04-07-2005, 09:02 PM
So C.C. and the Twins got wasted? WTF?
The page just before Joe Colton is shot. Shots were fired by the Red Shadow woman, but it doesn't show who was hit...

assassin
04-07-2005, 09:37 PM
nok it appears that they were shot but i really have no idea
if they were or not i am just really really hoping that is not the case
baldy opens fire on them but it dosen't show nething after that
but really CC and the twins being wasted by some bald chick who comes out of nowhere jsut does not sit well with me

Dreadnok4life
04-08-2005, 12:44 PM
nok it appears that they were shot but i really have no idea
if they were or not i am just really really hoping that is not the case
baldy opens fire on them but it dosen't show nething after that
but really CC and the twins being wasted by some bald chick who comes out of nowhere jsut does not sit well with me

I totally agree. That would be the end of me buying Devil's Due. CC and the Twins are way too important.

I see D.D. is finally offering subscriptions. Normally I would have ordered one. But right now I have a wait and see type of approach to the comic.

Dreadnok4life
04-09-2005, 10:12 AM
I just read Issue #41. Dr. Mindbender is dead. Colton is dead. And C.C. and the Twins are... who knows. So Derenko was Overlord. Quite a revelation.. until D.D. killed him off too. This book was a jangled mess. Other than the examples already given, does anyone know why the W.H.A.L.E. dropped depth charges? We didn't see any submerged enemy. Just the two Sting Raiders who were shot down. At least I think they were shot down. The book didn't show that either.

Why did Derenko want to turn Duke and company over to the U.S. if he was working for Destro? Why did Cobra Commander want to kill the people in Badhistan? What was his ultimate goal for the Tempest machine? Was it to kill everyone? Black mail? I agree with the previous post.. how could the bald dame just waltz in and start shooting. Wouldn't C.C. have motion sensors? And what about the Crimson Guardsman who were guarding him? Finally the guy that shot Colton.. Mr. Red Overcoat.. He doesn't look like Hawk in my opinion. I believe he will turn out to be some character we haven't heard about before. Maybe someone who washed out of the original Joe program. Who knows.

This book is a mess. I really hope the last two issues make sense. Of course I'm betting the needless deaths will continue.

My local comic book store has almost stopped carrying Devil's Due entirely. I found one Issue #41 left on the shelf. And they haven't carried the M&A series at all. I noticed an ad in the back of #41 encouraging comic book stores to have a GI Joe Day on July 4th to celebrate the "all new" GI Joe - America's Elite. My only thought was... who would show up to that?

Dreadnok4life
04-09-2005, 11:15 AM
Another thing I just thought of. I thought Barrel Roll knocking the satellite out with his fighter plane was ridiculous.

MikePrime
04-09-2005, 01:54 PM
Another thing I just thought of. I thought Barrel Roll knocking the satellite out with his fighter plane was ridiculous.

I do think he should have at least tried his machine guns on the satellite, but I don't think it was ridiculous. His missles wouldn't work on it so he had no choice but to crash his plane into the satellite.

assassin
04-09-2005, 05:42 PM
here i will clarify
derenko was the enemy from M&A 1 at the time he was
working on behalf of serpentor and is serpentors right hand man
the us gov't has serpentor and is keeping him alive and so derenko is working
for the us govt by way of the jugglers

as for the other stuff 2 stingers was apparently cobras whole sea armada

and barrel roll crashing the plane was pretty figgin lame

CGC
04-09-2005, 07:34 PM
I just read Issue #41. Dr. Mindbender is dead. Colton is dead. And C.C. and the Twins are... who knows. So Derenko was Overlord. Quite a revelation.. until D.D. killed him off too. This book was a jangled mess. Other than the examples already given, does anyone know why the W.H.A.L.E. dropped depth charges? We didn't see any submerged enemy. Just the two Sting Raiders who were shot down. At least I think they were shot down. The book didn't show that either.
This book is a mess. I really hope the last two issues make sense. Of course I'm betting the needless deaths will continue. ... (snip)

The Sting Raider is a submarine, which is why it is manned by an Electric Eel. That's why it wasn't shown to be shot down. It might be a flying submarine, that isn't exactly crystal clear, but it is definately a submarine, which makes sense out of the depth charges.

Dreadnok4life
04-10-2005, 11:47 AM
The Sting Raider is a submarine, which is why it is manned by an Electric Eel. That's why it wasn't shown to be shot down. It might be a flying submarine, that isn't exactly crystal clear, but it is definately a submarine, which makes sense out of the depth charges.

I understand that it's a flying submarine. But it showed them getting hit in the air. The book never showed them going submersible. I assumed that's what happened but to me that's not good story telling. I reader shouldn't have to come up with explanations that are shown. At least in my opinion.

Dreadnok4life
04-10-2005, 11:53 AM
I do think he should have at least tried his machine guns on the satellite, but I don't think it was ridiculous. His missles wouldn't work on it so he had no choice but to crash his plane into the satellite.

I had a problem with a jet fighter crashing into a satellite. Satellite's are in orbit outside of earth's gravity. They are in space. Fighter planes aren't space vehicles. It wasn't the fact that Barrell Roll crashed his plane, that was actually cool. If it had been some type of airplane that had the device on it then fine. But in this case he did something that was impossible. And although comic books are fantasy, I have a problem with unrealistic happenings.

The issue seemed rushed to me. For example the Whale depthcharging the Sting Raiders. We never saw the Raiders go underwater. We never saw them blow up from the Depth Charges. It appears they rushed that part of the story. If Jerwa put a little more thought into the Satellite issue, I'm sure he could have come up with something just as dramatic, but made sense too.

MikePrime
04-10-2005, 06:59 PM
I had a problem with a jet fighter crashing into a satellite. Satellite's are in orbit outside of earth's gravity. They are in space. Fighter planes aren't space vehicles. It wasn't the fact that Barrell Roll crashed his plane, that was actually cool. If it had been some type of airplane that had the device on it then fine. But in this case he did something that was impossible. And although comic books are fantasy, I have a problem with unrealistic happenings.

The issue seemed rushed to me. For example the Whale depthcharging the Sting Raiders. We never saw the Raiders go underwater. We never saw them blow up from the Depth Charges. It appears they rushed that part of the story. If Jerwa put a little more thought into the Satellite issue, I'm sure he could have come up with something just as dramatic, but made sense too.

The way it's drawn, it wasn't in space. It was just in the upper atmosphere. So, based on the drawing it makes sense, and then doesn't.

Dreadnok4life
04-10-2005, 09:27 PM
Yes you're right. It was drawn in the upper atmosphere. That was the problem. :D I'm no science wiz.. and maybe I'm incorrect about this.. but I believe a satellite would fall to earth unless it was in space. I'm nitpicking I guess. But things like that bug me.

red25thta
04-13-2005, 01:09 PM
I got the comic out to answer some ? brought up. (I'm very bored at work (G))

Pg7 - General Rey "COBRA'S DEPLOYED A SUB-ORBITAL WEAPON ....."

Pg8 - The DEPTH CHARGES were to take out the SEA BASE.

Pg's9-10 LADY JAYE, SHOCKWAVE AND GRAND SLAM jump outta the plane but we see 4 Chute's. 1 Chute = Equipment for them.

So anyways we figure Colton is dead. Mindbinder, CC, the Twins, Destro, Baroness, Wraith, and who else? Dang I need a score card for this.

danyanda
04-16-2005, 11:40 PM
I have never quite been able to follow the Devil's Due comics. It seems like there is always something in the art that makes what is actually going on confusing.
I am also confused by the many, many deaths of beloved characters but I reserve judgement until I have seen what the end result is. Wraith is just getting broken in, since Baroness, CC, Mindbender, et al have all been dead before. It does seem like overkill in the last two issues, though.

Dreadnok4life
04-19-2005, 12:58 AM
I have never quite been able to follow the Devil's Due comics. It seems like there is always something in the art that makes what is actually going on confusing.
I am also confused by the many, many deaths of beloved characters but I reserve judgement until I have seen what the end result is. Wraith is just getting broken in, since Baroness, CC, Mindbender, et al have all been dead before. It does seem like overkill in the last two issues, though.

I feel exactly the same way. I thought there was something wrong with me for not totally understanding what is going on.

Kir Kanos
04-19-2005, 12:07 PM
Has anyone else heard rumors of Lady Jaye being the one that dies?

Druss
04-20-2005, 08:52 AM
I wasn't really confused by the art. I didn't catch the 4th parachute but the other two I took in stride and just assumde it was sub-orbital and that the depth charges were to take down the supports for the Sea Base so it would sink.

Now the question is could someone survive parachuting from that height? That I don't know...

Colton - Eh, no big loss there. He appeared what 10 times in all the Joe books?
Dr. Mindbender - He's only died like 4 times now so maybe this time he will stay dead.
CC & Twins - Classic rule of comic books, if you don't see a body then they aren't dead. We saw Colton & Mindbender go down so we know they are gone, the others we don't know. CC is way too well known to just throw-away like that. 2 Years from now he'll probably pop back up again.

Druss
04-20-2005, 08:55 AM
Forgot about Hawk...

No way its Hawk, if you recall the issues after he went into the Wheel Chair it was pretty obvious where his loyalties lie, thats way too big of a shift to accept as being plausible. If it is a wrench they throw in then I would have serious issues with it.

I really can't say who I think it is, probably one of the jugglers, even Briggs who we know was working with Cobra.

As for the "old friend" and knowing his name. Issue #86 I think of the Marvel series a number of Joes found out who he was, its not like it was a huge secret or something that others couldn't find out and that was in the '80s so quite a while ago and could fall into the "old friend" category easily.