April 23, 2005 = Joecanuck 2005 meet [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : April 23, 2005 = Joecanuck 2005 meet

Pete The Greek
04-03-2005, 05:15 PM
I have copied and posted the details of the Joecanuck meet below. I don't run the show. I just go to meet other collectors. Most of the collectors are from Southern Ontario, Quebec and Western NY state. For more info, check out www.joecanuck.com

When:
Saturday, April 23rd
From 2:00pm to whenever people go home! (11pm is the latest)

Where:
Sherwood Center (across the street from Bounty Hunter Toys)
For a map on how to reach the location, please goto:
http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=SI
And go directly across the street!

Admission:
Since there is no 'exclusive figure' this year, there will be an admission of $5.00 per person. With your admission, you will be given one 'ballot' ticket to be entered in an 'exclusive' draw at the meet. (Each additional ticket will also be $5.00 per ticket). You will get one 'exclusive' Joe Canuck Game card with your admission. Extras can be purchased for $5.00 each (when you buy another ballot).

Features:

G.I. Joe : TCG
There will be a few tables set up for those interested in playing the G.I. Joe card game. Scramble (Quebec & TCG Mod) will be overseeing this portion of the meet. Should you have any questions, please direct them to him.

G.I. Joe: The Movie
For the first time, we'll have a 'Dio-Making' event at the meet. There's a thread all about it located here:

http://www.joecanuck.com/joe/board/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=509

and here:

http://www.joecanuck.com/joe/board/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=601

Agent Loop is overseeing this project, any questions should be directed towards him.

G.I. Joe: Rasslin'
Since it was such a huge hit last year, G.I. Joe will battle Cobra in the wrestling ring once again! I made all the characters last year. I don't have time to make 30 of them this year, so hopefully some of our fellow PS2-inites got some done. We should have two PS2 systems, and 2 monitors to play this time around. Once catch, bring your OWN PS2 controller. We'll have a few extras on hand, but there may not be enough to cover everyone!

Dealers
There will be Joes for sale this time around! You'll of course have the chance to purchase from BHT by going across the street, but now you'll have the option to check out what your fellow JoeCanucks have to offer as well! There's not many dealers set up, but we may have a few 'last minute' additions! You can email me at email@joecanuck.com if interested in renting a table for the day.

Trading
Once again you'll be allowed to trade items at the meet. However, NO selling of items (unless you're a dealer set up) will be permitted. I can not stress this fact enough. If you are caught selling ANYTHING at the meet - regardless who you are, you will be asked to leave the meet immediately.
It's not fair to those who have paid for a table to sell at the meet, therefore please respect this one request and do not sell items unless you've paid a table fee. You can email me at email@joecanuck.com if interested in renting a table for the day.

Food / Drink
If you get hungry, or wish to have a drink, there will be food on hand to purchase. We had free pizza last year, and while that is not an option this time, we can always order one and split the cost. The only 'free food' this year will be Timbits (duh!?) and Collectormans favorite 'The Pepperettes'.

So far, we only have a few dealers to set up. This is after all NOT a convention or toy show, more of just a 'meet' for fans of Joe to get together. I'm working on a few other guys, but have yet to hear back from them yet.

I think I've covered all basese here. If you need information on some local hotals, the only one I can suggest is the Days Inn on Upper James in Hamilton. It's the closest one to the meet, and it's also the easiest one to travel to after the meet.

Should you have any questions, please feel free to post them in this thread, AND email them to me at email@joecanuck.com

Should someone else already answer it out here, I'll most likely not reply.

Those who are awaiting more info on setting up a table and selling, I 'should' be emailing you by Monday.
Thanks guys.
Mike