View Full Version : Warpath

mrandjr
04-05-2005, 09:48 AM
Your topic was closed (for good reason). However, I still wanted to make a comment to you.

I have actually done a lot of research in to this area as I am working on a book on the subject. Over the past 20-30 years there has been research done by numerous professionals. However, the field of study is still not looked at by most as legitimate. Science deals with objective data, physical changes, etc. Things that you can touch feel and measure.

Technology is now to the point where the slightest frequencies, temp changes, magnetic fields, etc can be measured. This has allowed researchers to make great strides inthe amount of data that is being gathered. However, all ofthe data can not take away fromthe fact that a lot of research is still based on witness accounts (which may or may not be reliable)

A lot of so called ghosts or hauntings have perfectly logical physical world explanations. However, in my research I have come to believe that there is something going on that we can not explain. Doesthis meanthat human spirits roam the earth? I can not answer that. Most serious researchers have classified hauntings into 3 categories....but I am probably boring most people by now.

red25thta
04-05-2005, 10:24 AM
My parents house is haunted. It's only 13 years old or so and no one has died in it. BUt all the door's have been locked and we come home to find all cabinate doors open and other stuff.

I also believe in E.T. Life forms, Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster and many other things. Untill someone can disprove it I believe it, they, whatever could be real.

Viper Commander
04-05-2005, 12:35 PM
We all live in the Matrix, LOL, the ghosts are deleted programs :p

Richard J.
04-05-2005, 01:58 PM
I live in a great VERY old house (200 plus! I speak truth!) and several people have died there in the past. I am absolutely certain ghosts exist because I've seen them in my house.

When I was about 4 or 5, I saw a group of Union soldiers in my bedroom. During the Civil War, the house was almost torched by Sherman's people and the women there barely convinced them to spare it. I'd never seen a uniform from that era but I accurately described the buttons to my mother.

When I was 6 I saw a woman dressed in white with long dark hair at the top of the stairs. I was right across the hall and caught sight of her out of the corner of my eye. When I looked up again, she was gone. Neither my mother or my sister at that time had long hair nor did either of them own a white dress.

Also, my mother says that she frequently hear's thumping from the downstairs in the morning. Sometimes she thinks its either me, my sister, or my dad but, when she checks, everyone else is either asleep or out.

Ghosts are real. I know.

Richard J.

bluebikerboy1
04-05-2005, 03:52 PM
i used to live in the big city (well sacramento anyways) the apt. complex i lived in had to have some bad stuff happen. numerous times id hear someone runing up and down the corridors and look and no one is there. ive waken in the middle of the night and have beings looking at me. i know there were shootings in the complex and 2 suicides when i was there. ive seen my share of spirits and i do believe in them. spitatual or not there is something wierd going on.

Merax
04-05-2005, 04:16 PM
My backyard is part of a major battlefield from the Civil War. The only spooks I have seen or heard is people sneaking back there to treasure hunt or search for other spooks.

What they usually find is the quickest way out of here once me or the mutt spot them;) .
Needless to say, I personally don't believe in the Booger Man, but I don't look down on people who do either. My wife is a firm believer that a 10 foot Troll lives in the woods and is waiting to catch her outside after dark:D .

mrandjr
04-05-2005, 06:03 PM
Living in Richmond are you a history junky?

LOL speaking ofthe Booger man and Troll I am reminded of a quote I have seen over and over in my research.

"For a believer no evidence is ever necessary while for a skeptic no amount of evidence will ever be enough."

My backyard is part of a major battlefield from the Civil War. The only spooks I have seen or heard is people sneaking back there to treasure hunt or search for other spooks.

What they usually find is the quickest way out of here once me or the mutt spot them;) .
Needless to say, I personally don't believe in the Booger Man, but I don't look down on people who do either. My wife is a firm believer that a 10 foot Troll lives in the woods and is waiting to catch her outside after dark:D .

cobraferret
04-05-2005, 07:04 PM

Are you the 10ft.troll waiting in the woods to catch her?LOL
Just a joke.
I don't believe in ghosts,but I believe that everyone has a soul and spirit that goes to his or her final destination after death.I do believe the possibility of loch-ness as there were dinosaurs.(diplodocus and the like of aquatic creatures)
Who's to say that some still do not exist.As for chucabre,a big furry man(bigfoot) stuff like that is probably a man that lives in the wilderness and doesn't cut any of his hair:)

Obiwanjacoby
04-05-2005, 07:46 PM
Your topic was closed (for good reason). However, I still wanted to make a comment to you.

And so you re-opened it?!??? :confused: What Th'?!??

I don't believe in ghosts,but I believe that everyone has a soul and spirit that goes to his or her final destination after death.

And here we go again! We just tripped into the broad spiritual/religious subject of Eschatology twice now. And IMO (former seminary student that I am), that's strike two.

Any mods need help on where to draw the line, just LMK. Otherwise, thanks for locking this up too when you get the shot.

-PJ

dockingbay97
04-05-2005, 07:49 PM
Any mods need help on where to draw the line, just LMK. Otherwise, thanks for locking this up too when you get the shot.

And we don't need help where to draw it.

no more posts of any kind about this subject