Are you "published?" [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Are you "published?"

cageyJG
04-09-2005, 02:38 PM
Along the lines of Cityofcaterpillar's no-prize thread, I'm just wondering if anyone in here ever wrote in and had his letter published? I was reading a lot of the old Marvel comics and wondered what happened to those people. Also saw quite a few lady authors too, that's pretty cool.

frozen_nd
04-09-2005, 03:55 PM
. .

Joeczar
04-09-2005, 04:25 PM
I never got a letter published in GI Joe, but I did in The Thing #13 in 1984. Talk about a thrill! Since then, I've had my name published in the letter columns about five times, never GI Joe though.

CGC
04-09-2005, 07:27 PM
Once, but in Groo the Wanderer. By the way, I am the Prince of Chichester!. :D

CityofCaterpillar
04-09-2005, 07:34 PM
To my knowledge, I never did, but I am missing a few Joe issues and do recall getting a weird letter from a girl in Brazil who said she saw my address in a comic book and not knowing where it was from. (My mom must've thought I was quite the 12-year-old "playa" ;)). If anyone has those later Transformers crossover issues of the Marvel run, or any others in the mid-late 130's, do you wanna see if there's a letter from a Chris Smith from Delaware in any of them?

I have always enjoyed reading the letters, though, and would like to hear what some of those who wrote in are up to these days. Or, of course, if any later-to-become-big-names-in-comics types wrote in...

Phil Kost
04-09-2005, 08:40 PM
I have had a few letters published in GI Joe and GI Joe Reloaded.

Phil

Patrick A. Riley
04-09-2005, 08:59 PM
I saw Corey Stinson's name in one and of course, Thomas Wheeler had a letter in about one of every three issues in which Postbox: The Pit appeared ;)

cageyJG
04-10-2005, 10:14 PM
Hey, interesting!

The reason I ask is because I read the Marvel series countless times as a kid, (you know how it is during summertime or at the treehouse or whatever), and I learned a lot from the letters, the authors, the Bullpen Bulletins etc.! I always liked that back-of-the-book stuff when I was all done with the mag. The letters made me want pen pals and Joe buds from all those far-off places. Man, the 80s were good clean fun! I wonder what all those people are doing now!

sinnister
04-13-2005, 07:45 AM
I remember seeing Thomas Wheeler's name a lot while reading the postbox from the pit. Does he have some sort of relevance? It seems to me I have heard his name quite a few times over the last year or so. Is he still an active collector?