A Week in Vancouver, BC [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : A Week in Vancouver, BC

ChemViper
04-11-2005, 01:34 PM
I am going to Vancouver (Canada) this coming Sunday on business and I am interested to see if there are any good places to look for Joes.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

commandwolf
04-11-2005, 01:37 PM
Do you mean Vancouver Washington or do you mean Vancouver BC (Canada)?

ChemViper
04-12-2005, 10:54 AM
Sorry about that...I'll be in Canada.

commandwolf
04-12-2005, 12:28 PM
Well, if you're in the Downtown area, there's a comic shop on Granville Street called Golden Age that often has vintage Joe items for sale. Not cheap but you might find an occasional deal or two. Hope that helps...Commandwolf

ChemViper
04-12-2005, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the heads up, commandwolf. I will definitely try to get there...

Pete The Greek
04-12-2005, 06:12 PM
Check out this thread

http://www.joecanuck.com/joe/board/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=747

dockingbay97
04-12-2005, 09:56 PM
If that Golden Age is anything like its sister store here in Seattle, be prepared for massive sticker shock.

The Seattle store has the new SW ROTS figures starting at $13 and range up to $20. These are the same figures you can find everywhere else for $6.

We don't call it Golden Gouge for nothing.

Toy Traders in Langley is a very cool look around but nothing is for sale. All his Joes and SW all seem to be just for display. Then everytime I ask about the Joes in the sale case, I am told they don't know how much they are - only the manager does who isn't there all the time.

I have heard good things about Big Pete's but I think from what I hear it is mostly modern toys.

ChemViper
04-13-2005, 08:31 AM
Thanks so much for the input. Looks like I have some places to check out. I'll let you know if there were any deals...

Spillspleen
04-13-2005, 10:29 AM
Toy Trader's Joes are all priced now. Including vehicles and many many action figures ranging from complete to a few part bins. He also has all his TF priced and his Hemans and vintage Star Wars. Anyone can help you now as each item has a price sticker.

Toy traders is located in Langly about 45 min to an hour drive from downtown Vancouver. You will need a map as the route is not direct...but it is not hard to find. It is worth the drive...I do not think you will see more Joes in one place as his display is now finished with 2500 figures and 100's of vehilces including 3 Flaggs...and thats not to metion his huge Star Wars display.

Dockingbay is right on about Golden Age...but have a look for yourself as it is right in the downtown core.

Big Pete has a few vitage items but not Joes (at least the last time I was there). He has almost everything new for action figures. You can get to it buy taking the Seabus (the terminal is right down town) and then a short walk at the other end...ask the hotel desk clerk for info...it is an easy trip and kinda neat to see a little store with so many items.

The only other toy store worth mentioning is 3andup. He has mostly vintage TF with a bunch of lower end carded items...some new stuff but nothing at all special but a ok stop along the way to Toy Traders.

dockingbay97
04-13-2005, 10:47 AM
That is good to hear about Toy Traders. I like that it is right across the border and fairly easy for me to find.

I just hate to hear
"That's not for sale"
"That's not for sale"
"I don't how much that is"
"That's not for sale"
"That's not for sale"
repeat

It frustrated me away from the store but now I will go back that things are priced.