How many collectors have a Cobra Mortal? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : How many collectors have a Cobra Mortal?

Prophet
04-13-2005, 02:06 PM
I was just curious as to how many collectors have either a Cobra Mortal with a symbol or one without a symbol. Perhaps one of the moderators or a trusted member could keep track of how many there are. Just curious.

Anyone have a complete set of the Argen Seven?

CGC
04-13-2005, 05:56 PM
Not me, but that might make an interesting poll. Maybe leaving it open to multiple answers, a yes/no for each of the 7.

abeDAN
04-13-2005, 06:39 PM
Anyone have a complete set of the Argen Seven?

There's about 6 collectors that i know have all 7...some even doubles. But i'm not at liberty to name names. As far as mortals with the symbol, i've only seen two myself.

bigjohnwoo
04-17-2005, 01:16 PM
I have a complete set, but they are BEAT UP. Glued limbs, no fingers, broken crotches. The cobra mortal has no symbol.

I got the full set on the cheap just so I could say I have it.

Satan
04-17-2005, 08:53 PM
I own original Manlehs Head, Crotch, and Back. Paid about $30 for them. Was gonna use the parts along with some 82-82 american joe parts to make a complete/custom Manleh. I know of one person who posts here who has all seven, and he probably has the nicest Mortal fig I've ever seen, I have pics of it, was gonna duplicate him, but have yet to find a reasonable way to do the chrome.

Pete The Greek
04-18-2005, 11:01 PM
I own original Manlehs Head, Crotch, and Back. Paid about $30 for them. Was gonna use the parts along with some 82-82 american joe parts to make a complete/custom Manleh. I know of one person who posts here who has all seven, and he probably has the nicest Mortal fig I've ever seen, I have pics of it, was gonna duplicate him, but have yet to find a reasonable way to do the chrome.

Check out this thread

http://www.joecustoms.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=17273&highlight=chrome

I am tempted myself to try this.

I have a Mortal but I am not sure if the logo imprint I have on the figure is legit or not.

Darren Howlett
04-22-2005, 05:09 AM
I have all Seven. My Mortal is missing the majority of his Cobra symbol though. I'm always on the lookout for a better sample if anyone's selling...

Darren

abeDAN
04-27-2005, 01:00 PM
I have all Seven. My Mortal is missing the majority of his Cobra symbol though. I'm always on the lookout for a better sample if anyone's selling...

Darren

thats your first post. congrats.

THEBIGCOLLECTOR
05-02-2005, 08:54 AM
I look today on EBay a nice lot of figures from Plastirama ... i can see in pics a Cobra Mortal with file !!! ... 5973013981http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/s.gif
this is the number ... any can send me an opinion ?

Pete The Greek
05-02-2005, 08:32 PM
I don't why it seems that people have problems posting links. I assuming your talking about this auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2467&item=5973013981&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

One thing sticks out on the Mortal. That doesn't look like chrome paint to me on the figure. That is dull looking grey color from what I am seeing. I would ask for a close up picture of the figure though.

charlyjoe
05-02-2005, 09:10 PM
i look the auction too and i see a Cobra Mortal ... is not chrome but he like used , but the important is the file ... can you see it ?:)

Pete The Greek
05-02-2005, 09:50 PM
The filecard is there but there is no way I would bid on a auction like that just for the filecard.

The 100% Argento Outback
05-03-2005, 04:08 PM
I have 1 Mortal in fact the same i buy way back in 1986...unfortunatly it have 1 leg and 1 arm broken, so i replaced them with some knock off chrome arms and legs, also not logo neither...
But i do have a "Lobo solitario" with an almost perfect logo and in excelent condition...

Aaaaaa i miss that days when you see all the argen seven in every toysore... :(

Prophet
05-03-2005, 06:16 PM
I have a complete set of the Argen Seven. Took a while to get!! But it's cool to finally have.

CGC
05-03-2005, 09:45 PM
I have 1 Mortal in fact the same i buy way back in 1986...unfortunatly it have 1 leg and 1 arm broken, so i replaced them with some knock off chrome arms and legs, also not logo neither...
But i do have a "Lobo solitario" with an almost perfect logo and in excelent condition...

Aaaaaa i miss that days when you see all the argen seven in every toysore... :(
"Lobo solitario", Lone Wolf? What is that? From Argentina? Got pics?

bigjohnwoo
05-03-2005, 10:31 PM
'Lobo solitario' was the code name given to Snake Eyes v2 for his mexico release...

Did plastirama give that name to a different figure in Argentina?

CGC
05-03-2005, 10:53 PM
Thanks, found a link to the Mexican Lobo solitario,
http://www.internationaljoes.com/lobosolatario.htm
But I can't find anything about an Argentina release...
(I'm still looking though ;) )

bigjohnwoo
05-04-2005, 12:36 AM
Oops. It's only Snake Eyes v2 packaging, I guess. And a v1 figure.

Then I assume Argento Outback was referring to Cobra Invasor when he mentioned the Lobo Solitario w/symbol.

The 100% Argento Outback
05-05-2005, 04:20 PM
Oops. It's only Snake Eyes v2 packaging, I guess. And a v1 figure.

Then I assume Argento Outback was referring to Cobra Invasor when he mentioned the Lobo Solitario w/symbol.

yes sorry guys for the confusion it was called "lobo solitario" in a lot of places, i dont remember the name on the argentina Card but its a SE V1 Straight arm with cobra logo on it.

JeffreyKabal
05-07-2005, 05:03 PM
I would like to own one just because it's worth a lot :)
IMHO the fig looks like a cheap Corps! and is darn ugly hehe

Patrick A. Riley
04-28-2006, 08:35 PM
Many people will soon have one ;)