yojoe.com on the way back machine [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : yojoe.com on the way back machine

JustinBarnhill
04-18-2005, 02:56 PM
found this over at the internet archive:

http://web.archive.org/web/19990125104912/http://yojoe.com/

for real kicks, check out the classifieds section...listings aren't there (darn), but you can see the bad traders and the rules for postings...anyone else remember the old classifieds?

:)

harbinger
04-18-2005, 03:57 PM
man, that takes me back! 7 years ago? I wouldnt dare to think its been that long! reminiscing about the old classifieds listing.......ah, those were kinda fun. thanks for the trek down memory lane!

dmooretoys
04-25-2005, 05:54 PM
Wow! I wasn't back into G.I. Joe again in the late 90s so I never saw yojoe when it looked like that. As far as the archives I think we have come a long way. Without the original team we wouldn't be where we are today and I for one appreciate their vision. I can't wait to see where this site is in another seven years. I guarantee you the collectibles section will be MUCH bigger now that I am on the staff!

Dan

antybots
04-26-2005, 02:46 AM
Didn't the original website have a textual history of the toyline by year?
Or was that another website?

dreams deferred
04-29-2005, 11:44 PM
Oh my god. That takes me back. I remember sneaking out of class to use the computer lab and browse around for all the figures I was still learning about.

Bonus, I think that same site hosts all the old Red vs. Blue episodes. :D

sinnister
04-30-2005, 02:22 PM
I remember those classified pages. The stenciled text 'VIEW FOR SALE ADS'. Hehe...wish I knew what my username was back then lol.

Patrick A. Riley
04-30-2005, 05:55 PM
I remember the figure archives with all the blurry, hard-to-read filecards

I was way off on some of their file names :p

Cavalry Man
05-08-2005, 08:55 PM
That's a blast from the past. Very different now adays.

Blackjack
05-09-2005, 10:00 PM
Back when there was only 8 Snake-eyes figures, 5 Storm Shadow figures, and 8 Cobra Commanders.

statesofeuphoria
05-10-2005, 08:53 AM
I remember those classified pages. The stenciled text 'VIEW FOR SALE ADS'. Hehe...wish I knew what my username was back then lol.

I'm right there with ya. I know I was a member then, since I did tons of trades, but for the life of me I can't recall what mine was either. Oh well.

phillinley
05-10-2005, 04:37 PM
I remember the days before it was even yojoe.com when it was just a generic web address, I can't quite remember what it was, but I believe it was out of Western Illinois University's server. I'm sure another old timer out there can remember.

Another fun trip down the joe memory lane is to go to dejanews and look at alt.toys.gi-joe.1980s
I can look back 8-9 years ago and see what kind of trades I was wheeling and dealing.