G.I. Joe Collector Registry [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : G.I. Joe Collector Registry

JustinBarnhill
04-19-2005, 12:53 PM
Interested in meeting other local collectors? If so, you may want to check out www.cobracommand.org. It's a little site I've got going with the sole purpose of helping collectors find one another.

If you travel, wouldn't it be great to drop an email to a collector who lives in or around your destination to get info on decent local toy shops? or arrange a quick meeting for trading? or just to hang out and chat?

How about a quick way to build an email list of other local collectors to get or distribute info on toy shows in the area?

The 12 inch collectors have many local and area clubs, why not 3 3/4? Hopefully this site will help those collector's find one another and get those clubs up and going.

I became interested in finding other local collectors about a year or so ago....after combing the message boards for a few weeks, I managed to locate about 6 or so local collectors with whom I now regularly exchange email....with the registry (and of course participation from everyone) I could have found them in minutes.

I'm not attempting to supplant message boards as the primary method of communicating with other collectors, just offering an alternative for making real world contacts. It’s great to get real-time feedback via face to face chat with other collectors. I can sit at home and quietly search ebay all day for joes and never even communicate with other collectors, but what’s the fun in that? If you are visiting this message board (and reading this section especially), its probably because you are looking to communicate with other collectors - why not attempt to do so face to face?

Just a few thoughts from me... www.cobracommand.org check it out....if nothing else, offer up suggestions so that the site may improve and become a destination worth checking out!

thanks!

JustinBarnhill
04-20-2005, 09:18 PM
Added support for international collectors!

JustinBarnhill
05-04-2005, 07:28 PM
Don't forget to keep checking back for new users! People are signing up every day!!!

Also, keep spreading the word about the registry!

Thanks!
Justin Barnhill

JustinBarnhill
05-31-2005, 01:18 PM
The registry is still going (and growing) strong. Thanks to all who have signed up.

Keep checking back for new collectors!

Also, check out the contest page ( http://www.silentcastle.com/cobracommand/contest.shtml ) for info on current, past, and upcoming contests!!

thanks!
Justin

gaelinic
08-12-2007, 03:51 AM
That first link brings up an advertisement. It's not working. Is there another site?

Shogi
08-18-2007, 06:20 PM
That first link brings up an advertisement. It's not working. Is there another site?

Looks like it's changed. If he's still doing it, you'll have to register first, here's the link:
http://www.silentcastle.com/cobracommand/reqaccess.php

navy viper
07-02-2009, 05:18 PM
Interested in meeting other local collectors? If so, you may want to check out www.cobracommand.org (http://www.cobracommand.org). It's a little site I've got going with the sole purpose of helping collectors find one another.

If you travel, wouldn't it be great to drop an email to a collector who lives in or around your destination to get info on decent local toy shops? or arrange a quick meeting for trading? or just to hang out and chat?

How about a quick way to build an email list of other local collectors to get or distribute info on toy shows in the area?

The 12 inch collectors have many local and area clubs, why not 3 3/4? Hopefully this site will help those collector's find one another and get those clubs up and going.

I became interested in finding other local collectors about a year or so ago....after combing the message boards for a few weeks, I managed to locate about 6 or so local collectors with whom I now regularly exchange email....with the registry (and of course participation from everyone) I could have found them in minutes.

I'm not attempting to supplant message boards as the primary method of communicating with other collectors, just offering an alternative for making real world contacts. It’s great to get real-time feedback via face to face chat with other collectors. I can sit at home and quietly search ebay all day for joes and never even communicate with other collectors, but what’s the fun in that? If you are visiting this message board (and reading this section especially), its probably because you are looking to communicate with other collectors - why not attempt to do so face to face?

Just a few thoughts from me... www.cobracommand.org (http://www.cobracommand.org) check it out....if nothing else, offer up suggestions so that the site may improve and become a destination worth checking out!

thanks!

I tried to get to that web site but I can't find it anywhere ?