Wanna see 100 Korean Cobra Officers in formation? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Wanna see 100 Korean Cobra Officers in formation?

Sephiroth
04-19-2005, 04:51 PM
And you can have 'em all for only $4,000 BIN on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2467&item=5970571420&rd=1

http://i2.ebayimg.com/03/i/03/e6/91/d2_3.JPG

I think I'm still in shock.

doone
04-19-2005, 04:55 PM
blackball this guy from the earth

ban him from the galaxy

86 him from the universe:D

Sephiroth
04-19-2005, 05:00 PM
blackball this guy from the earth

ban him from the galaxy

86 him from the universe:D

Me or the seller? It's not my auction...I would never sell 'em if they were mine. I just thought you guys would wanna check it out.

whitedalek
04-19-2005, 05:04 PM
That many cobras brings tears to my eyes. However, $4000 bucks is crazy. Plus, his name scares me - dreamplastic - too close to plasticdreams! :D

chefhomer4
04-19-2005, 05:10 PM
i think someone is pulling someone's chain

he goes from decent grammar to weird grammar and back again

"have a goon day" : weird

C-10 Condition. Super Mint!!! : normal

A chance like this comes but once in a lifetime. : normal

I will buy a car so i sell my collection: weird

Trust me !!! : i think not

Sephiroth
04-19-2005, 05:20 PM
i think someone is pulling someone's chain

he goes from decent grammar to weird grammar and back again

"have a goon day" : weird

C-10 Condition. Super Mint!!! : normal

A chance like this comes but once in a lifetime. : normal

I will buy a car so i sell my collection: weird

Trust me !!! : i think not

Besides the grammar, it appears only the best condition figures were put in front...the silver emblems look almost non-exsistent on the back rows, yet he says they are all "C-10", "Super-Mint"! Looking closely at the photos, there actually 120 Cobra Officers (20 columns x 6 rows)...and only 60 of the Cobra Officers have their weapons (Soldier dragonov sniper-rifles).

SecurityPoliceAF_Joe
04-19-2005, 05:40 PM
Too rich for my blood. Be better off talking to someone stationed at Kunsan or Osaun to see if they can get them at way cheaper prices.

Merax
04-19-2005, 05:50 PM
I'm famouse gi joe collect in Korea.

That is what got me first:D .
I don't see an emblem on any past the second row it seems.. may be just my eyes though.. Either way, too rich and risky for me to look at more than a couple minutes.

Flash
04-19-2005, 06:05 PM
getting all those guys to stand up like that has got to be a challenge

joebahama
04-19-2005, 06:21 PM
getting all those guys to stand up like that has got to be a challenge

How he did that without any stands is a mystery, its almost and X-file!

I'm famouse gi joe collect in Korea.

That is what got me first:D .
I don't see an emblem on any past the second row it seems.. may be just my eyes though.. Either way, too rich and risky for me to look at more than a couple minutes.

I'd stay away too, the joints on some of them may even be loose. Its does look like the paint gets worst as you go front to back!

i did not sell, how can i buy car i don no! Collect toys to pensive! :D

thorn
04-19-2005, 06:53 PM
i would definitewly be wary of the platic dreams connection.
$4000? insane.
$2000, maybe . MAAAAAAy be.

i dont really see , once opened, that the korean ones are any different anyway

TeknoKyo
04-20-2005, 02:30 AM
This is weird.

The MOC Cobra Officer has no symbol that I can see -> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2467&item=5969876994&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Mabbe just the pics 2 dark.

Not sure if it's a variant or Korean Officers don't come with symbols... :D

If Korean Officers don't come with symbols, definitely has to rub off all the symbols before being able to pass them off as Korean ... :D

Definitely a nice bunch of officer to have, now just have to wait for the 1K army that's gonna be ebay to go along with them... :D

red25thta
04-20-2005, 07:59 AM
I do see logo's on the one's in the back. I think it's just the head's of the one's in front get in the way.

BUt too rich for my blood also.

Flash
04-20-2005, 11:21 AM
the figures has its logo. look closely at the larger second picture

BelgianGabber
04-20-2005, 11:56 AM
Feedback speaks for itself. Nuff said...

Navajo
04-20-2005, 01:37 PM
Is it even fair to use the grammar as a form of telling if someone's being honest, what is it like a type of phrenology? Jeez, give the guy a break.

bluebikerboy1
04-20-2005, 03:44 PM
you can buy a new car in korea for 4000?

red25thta
04-20-2005, 04:08 PM
Is it even fair to use the grammar as a form of telling if someone's being honest, what is it like a type of phrenology? Jeez, give the guy a break.
I agree. He speaks Korean as his primary I bet. I've encountered the same thing many times when dealing with the rest of the world. With Joes or Business.

Obiwanjacoby
04-20-2005, 08:45 PM
Logos. . .schmogos!

I can replace 'em ALLLLL! Mua-ha-ha!!! :cool:

But I'm too cheap to buy it. :p

-PJ

Obiwanjacoby
04-20-2005, 08:50 PM
Which rifle does the Korean Officer come with? :confused: I can't tell from the carded example.

Because the first three rows of Officers all carry Dragunov Sniper Rifles (Cobra Trooper's).

-PJ

BelgianGabber
04-21-2005, 05:41 AM

No, not on his language, but on his bad feedback...

Navajo
04-21-2005, 06:59 AM
No, not on his language, but on his bad feedback...

Nobody said anything about your post, look above. The post talking about how fishy it was because his grammar was bad.

cobraferret
04-21-2005, 09:32 AM
Our joe's come from over there around that region.So be careful of fakes!!!

82to87Joes
04-21-2005, 09:36 PM
you can buy a new car in korea for 4000?

ka ka ka KIA!

BelgianGabber
04-22-2005, 05:52 AM
Nobody said anything about your post, look above. The post talking about how fishy it was because his grammar was bad.

What's your point?

Navajo
04-22-2005, 06:39 AM
What do you think my point is? One guy says not to trust him becuase of bad grammar? Do you think that's a fair way to judge somebody?

phillinley
04-22-2005, 08:20 PM
Well if you wanted to compare grammar, look at his other auction for the moc cobra officer. Looks like pretty good english skills on that one.

Navajo
04-22-2005, 09:02 PM
Well if you wanted to compare grammar, look at his other auction for the moc cobra officer. Looks like pretty good english skills on that one.

Well then he must be lying then.

BelgianGabber
04-23-2005, 07:21 PM
What do you think my point is? One guy says not to trust him becuase of bad grammar? Do you think that's a fair way to judge somebody?

Let's say you buy it, and some issues turn up. Dunno but my Korean isn't all that good, as is his English. Good luck communicating with him afterwards...

If I don't speak enough Korean to make a flawless deal, I won't offer it in that language.

abeDAN
04-27-2005, 12:59 PM
didnt meet the reserve...so i guess he's not having a Goon Daie.

cobraferret
04-27-2005, 01:32 PM
didnt meet the reserve...so i guess he's not having a Goon Daie.
That's Funny:) Deck the haws with bows of horry fara ra ra ra....rara ra ra
I mess up on my english and get made fun of all the time and I speak english so this is all in good fun.Not intended to offend anyone.If you get offended......Lighten up:)
Life is too short so have a laugh.

NightViperOne
04-28-2005, 03:32 PM
Looking at the carded one, on a REAL close view, I do see the symbol. But look at the legs on that one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5969876994&indexURL=1&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

Are they all constructed like that? If so, how much would you really spend on them. Now, this is not bagging on the seller, mind you, but I am looking at how bad the manufacturer is.

As for this guy's feedback, he has three pages worth of it, and only three negatives feedbacks out of all those positive ones. Now, I don't buy on e-bay often, but that doesn't sound like such a bad guy to me. Of course, I'm still not willing to pay that much for those.:D

-Jim

dmooretoys
04-28-2005, 11:39 PM
I won one of the carded Cobra Officers from him and it was in perfect condition--just as described. To answer a few questions I will just say that mine has a faint silver logo and the weapon is the same as the Cobra Soldier rifle from 1982 (possibly a different shade--hard to tell in the package).

Dan

dmooretoys
04-28-2005, 11:45 PM
Also, when I was stationed in Korea in 2002 I lived with a KATUSA for seven months (Korean Augmentee to the US Army) and his grammer was similar to the auction. When SGT Che was interacting with us his grammer was decent but when he was drinking or mad he would swear more and use broken English (much like the auction).

We use KATUSAs to translate for us when we are dealing with Korean civilians. Since all Korean males are required to either serve two years in the Korean Army or the Police it is easy for us to get their help!

Dan