Cobra Motorized Tank [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Cobra Motorized Tank

Navajo
04-20-2005, 02:42 PM
After about 2 or 3 years of looking I finally found one of my grails. I was in DIRE need for the blue prints and the file card that came with the Cobra Motorized Tank...and I finally got them. And found out some neat stuff in the process. I think maybe I found some variants too.

1. First off is the actual box that the tank came in. 1 the was from here in the city. The red print on the side of the box is mostly in english and has the manufacturer's name and mark on it, MBI is the name.

The second box, bought from Quebec is in french and it has a different manufacturer, but I can't make out the name.

2. The other variant I think I found has to do with the actual stickers that came with the tanks. I've been lucky enough to come across 6 or 7 of these in various conditions. The one boxed doesn't have the stickers applied, but the other does and it appears to have the Hiss V1 stickers, but not all of them. I've found 3 that had Hiss stickers and the 3 that had just red cobra stickers (about 8 or so stickers). The one I had when I was a youngin' had only the small circle Cobra symbols, no hiss stickers like the one in the archives. I don't know if either set of stickers came out in a certain part of Canada or if it was just random. But it seems almost random...3 each out of 6. And if I might add, the tanks with just the Cobra symbols look way cooler than with the Hiss stickers.

Cobra stickers only, not Hiss ones.

http://yojoe.com/international/canada/images/cobratank3.jpg

Here's a pic of the new one with Hiss stickers. Oh yeah, my photography skills are kinda subpar.

msv
05-10-2005, 11:18 AM
Bought the tank on Ebay in the last month with box; how much did you pay for it and the other one you got with box a while ago, if you don't mind telling me ?