Anyone Else Go To Kane Co Toy Show Today? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Anyone Else Go To Kane Co Toy Show Today?

GBPackRat
04-24-2005, 08:17 PM
I was there in full force again...

Sadly the wheather was awful amd the Star Wars Celibrations was this weekend too and I think it might have hindered things...

I don't know, I really hate to complain, but today's show really felt like it was missing something. Very few GI Joe deals to be had and I feel very lucky to have found the one I did.

It seems the GI Joe stuff is getting pretty slim and prices are slowly combining to the point where ebay might actually be cheaper.

Anyone else go to the show today feel this way?

Tanner

Blayloxzuess
04-26-2005, 06:47 AM
I was there in full force again...

Sadly the wheather was awful amd the Star Wars Celibrations was this weekend too and I think it might have hindered things...

I don't know, I really hate to complain, but today's show really felt like it was missing something. Very few GI Joe deals to be had and I feel very lucky to have found the one I did.

It seems the GI Joe stuff is getting pretty slim and prices are slowly combining to the point where ebay might actually be cheaper.

Anyone else go to the show today feel this way?

Tanner

Yeah, I went, it blew! I didn't set up this time, I just went to check out the show before my wifes baby shower. I must have been in & out of there in 10-15 minutes! It was all crap that people had. I live less than 10 minutes from that show & I don't think I'll ever go back :-(

evan511
04-26-2005, 12:53 PM
I went last year and found it sucked. I did go around the joe convention,so all the good stuff was south. I haven't thought about going back.

Blayloxzuess
04-27-2005, 09:32 AM
I went last year and found it sucked. I did go around the joe convention,so all the good stuff was south. I haven't thought about going back.

I feel bad for you guys from Wisconsin driving all the way down here for that show! You guys could for sure have a better chance of getting some Joes at a local garage sale than at the Kane County toy show anymore.

"Not what it once was".... So True

GBPackRat
04-27-2005, 10:08 AM
Blay,

Yeah I'm thinking, with gas prices going up, tollways now doubled and the admission in is up by $7, I may just go once a year to the one in the fall. I seem to have the best luck of finding stuff then.

Your right about local garage sales, I'm doing better just going to them locally. I wish we had a toy show as big as Kane Co. somewhere here in sourthern WI.

Tanner