Who is your Favorite International Figure? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Who is your Favorite International Figure?

The Faceless Master
04-26-2005, 04:06 PM
It seems not too many members seem to collect international figs
I for one actually only have 2 figs
Escorpiao Voador & Red Lazer, but my fave would have to be EuroTF Hit&Run

CGC
04-26-2005, 04:27 PM
My favorites are probably Red Jackal & Red Lazer. I do collect the foreigns, but I think that the Euro variations are my favorites. A lot of the Funskool & South American figs look like they could be simply production variations - I know they aren't, & I don't mean all of them, But the Skull & Crossbones instead of the Cobra on a lot of the Shadows is something I like.

zartan15
04-26-2005, 10:05 PM
Red lazer. although the snake-eye w/ cobra logo (invaisor or o-vaisor, I can never keep them straight) is a close second. I've got a few of the euro ones:
red laser
quarrel
spirit
mutt
the snake armor
blades
up next...
the uk tiger force

JeffreyKabal
04-27-2005, 01:27 PM
hard one...I think I still like the European versions the most. They are cool and they have nostalgic reasons.
Tiger Force Gymp (Hit'n Run) is one of my favs as well.
Psyche out is the ugliest one.

GI DUNNO
05-01-2005, 11:50 PM
My favorite international figure is Mohatmas Ghandhi. I know that's not what you meant...Bushido the samurai. His uniform was so silly.

Corredor X
05-02-2005, 09:31 AM
(invaisor or o-vaisor, I can never keep them straight)

It's Cobra Invasor. O Invasor is the one without the logo, released in Brazil in 84, as the first enemies for the Comandos em Ação (there were no Cobra at the time :D ). I myself have three Invasores, but no Cobra Invasor at all - they're very expensive or very worn-out when I find them...

And Cobra de Aço is my favorite figure ever. It was the first Cobra figure I've got (mine is almost 20 years old!) and he was so evil in his filecard that he alone could handle with all the good guys...

jeebstoys
05-02-2005, 09:48 AM
I always liked Spirit as he was quite unique from many of the others

dmooretoys
05-03-2005, 07:24 PM
My two favorites--the Tiger Force Hit 'N' Run and the light blue Cobra Trooper.

Dan

Satan
05-03-2005, 07:57 PM
<<< Satan.. Not that I'm a devil worshipper or anything, I just simply couldn't believe that in some country not so very far away they made a Red Stormshadows, and called him Satan.. I know growing up in the 80's in the United States, such a name wouldn't have gone over very well parents. But to think they did it else where..

After that it would be-
Tiger Force Outback
UK Spirit
Cobra Mortal
Cobra Invasor
Tiger Force Blizzard
and Manleh..

Evil Ryu
05-04-2005, 07:12 AM
Ninja-Ku
Satan
Tiger Force Hit'n'Run
Tiger Force Outback

Goofy colors for the TF's but that's why I like them, along with the Ninjas, the colors are unique and different.

JeffreyKabal
05-05-2005, 08:06 AM
<<< Satan.. Not that I'm a devil worshipper or anything, I just simply couldn't believe that in some country not so very far away they made a Red Stormshadows, and called him Satan.. I know growing up in the 80's in the United States, such a name wouldn't have gone over very well parents. .

LoL haha they would have sued Hasbro for letting their children become serial killers and sacrificing animals and other children hehe (especially since in that time many metal bands got sued for it)
Perhaps nowadays it would still be the same...no idea..but when I saw Christians on tv demonstrating about Marilyn Manson I started wondering...
Anyway the figure rocks :)

The Lord of Steel
06-08-2005, 07:57 AM
Tiger Force Blizzard.

Without any doupt the most expensive european exclusive nowdays. very hard to get complete in a C-9 condition or MOC.

BelgianGabber
06-08-2005, 08:30 AM
Red Laser all the way, I'm army building them now...

CGC
06-08-2005, 05:05 PM
Well, my change is probably temporary, mostly due to the novelty of a new fig, or at least new to me - the white Mortal, from Argentina. Not that I have one, but just knowing about something previously unknown...

Caueskt
07-19-2005, 03:42 PM
Cobra Invasor, Tiger Force Outback... Difficult to rank... I don´t really know, maybe Tigre anti-radiação(tiger force airtight).

Falô

Pete The Greek
07-19-2005, 10:18 PM
The Cobra Soldier and Tiger Force Shipwreck from Brazil.

skywalters
07-20-2005, 04:17 AM
It's gotta be Glenda for me...no contest. After that???

Argen 7s (Mortal, Topson, Manleh, etc.)
Funskool Blue Snake Eyes
UK Hunter
Funskool Yellow Torpedo
Funskool Zap w/Short Fuse head
UK No-camo Jammer
UK Red Jackal
UK Red Laser
UK TF Outback (his orange shirt is so killah!)
Falcon Piloto (Brazil)

OK...so they're all cool! Dang it!! :)

Celticjedi
07-20-2005, 02:41 PM
I am breaking from the pack a little bit but my favorite is TF Tunnel Rat close second is TF Hit & Run. I am slo lucky to actualy own those to as well, I just wish Blizzard would be easyer to find at a good price, he is the only one I am missing out of the UK TF.

abeDAN
07-20-2005, 03:49 PM
there are so many great international figs, its so hard to pick one. but i would have to say my fav would be the TF Pysche Out because that was my first european fig that i owned, especially because it's probably the cheapest international TF fig and most easily available. so i guess it's really not my fav, but it was the one i remember the most because i got it from a friend in spain, the first day i moved to spain. that figure means a lot to me, it really began a new direction for my joe collection.

joebahama
07-21-2005, 08:32 AM
For me a tie between Tigerforce Outback and Tigerforce Hit and Run.

Caueskt
07-21-2005, 05:49 PM
Hehehe, many, many, many people love the TF Hit Run version... I think I´m the only one who doesn´t like this version, hehehe, I´m 1000X the Brazilian version of Hit Run, because it´s very realistic, more than the US version(I think). Of course I´d love to have this version in my collection because it is rare, but I don´t think it´s beautiful...

Falô

brain
07-21-2005, 06:44 PM
i always liked kangor

Oldschooljoe
07-24-2005, 02:09 PM
I would go for the TF Blizzard..Because that version really doesn't make any sense to me.

Stileto
07-26-2005, 02:45 PM
my fav one is hit n run brasilero

spect_spidey
07-26-2005, 03:11 PM
I would have to say Abutre Negro although I have never seen a decent close up picture of this figure. But to me he looks like a figure that would be awesome to army build. However Marujo would have to be a close second since he looks like he just stepped out of the 70's. And my third choice would have to be the UK Tiger Force Outback. Always liked Outback v.1 and this version makes him look like a grizzled veteran.

Onslaught Six
07-26-2005, 06:24 PM
Red Laser's obviously a favourite. I can't get over how cool he is...

Though they're not Joes specifically, I always liked the uniform design of the Red Shadows. I'd have loved to see an O-Ring version made, or maybe a troop builder pack in the near future from Hasbro...

Alas, it shall never happen.

CGC
07-27-2005, 12:49 PM
I would have to say Abutre Negro although I have never seen a decent close up picture of this figure. But to me he looks like a figure that would be awesome to army build. However Marujo would have to be a close second since he looks like he just stepped out of the 70's. And my third choice would have to be the UK Tiger Force Outback. Always liked Outback v.1 and this version makes him look like a grizzled veteran.
Here you go:
http://photos.yojoe.com/showphoto.php?photo=1316&cat=500&ppuser=4188
http://photos.yojoe.com/showphoto.php?photo=1317&cat=500&ppuser=4188
http://photos.yojoe.com/showphoto.php?photo=1318&cat=500&ppuser=4188
http://photos.yojoe.com/showphoto.php?photo=1319&cat=500&ppuser=4188
lmk if you need a close up of anything.

*****edit
btw - that is not his stand, it was just within reach so I grabbed it.

bigjohnwoo
07-27-2005, 06:09 PM
Shimik

Sweet pancho-villa-style bandolier.

thorn
07-27-2005, 07:15 PM
Tigerforce Outback
same here, cobra de aco is seocond, but i dont have one of those yet.
there are so so many cool international figs.
i also really like red jackal

nice photo CGC that is a cool figure.

cutter27
08-01-2005, 06:13 PM
my fav one is hit n run brasilero

mine too... trying to track one down, hoping i can do that when i go to brazil in january :)

robot_sonic
08-01-2005, 08:17 PM
I would have to say Abutre Negro although I have never seen a decent close up picture of this figure.
Well, the pics might not be too close up, but you can see the Abutre Negro in action on my site (http://ugolino.joecustoms.com/index.php?itemid=13).

Patrick A. Riley
08-01-2005, 09:09 PM
Python Patrol Airborne (Gatilho) have 2
Python Patrol Ripcord (Relampago) have 2
Abutre Negro (have none :()
and the UK TF figs (have them all!)

dukenukem1
08-02-2005, 01:24 AM
Satan and De Aco

figurasdeaccion
08-02-2005, 09:35 AM
Of course, the venezuelan White Mortal!!! ;)

road_block
10-27-2008, 08:26 AM
brazilian marujo.

Volleydan
10-27-2008, 11:12 AM
Lots of the international stuff is great - and so much of it is so much rarer than anything produced domestically; it's hard to pick a favorite. My tendency is to identify a "holy grail" as my favorite because I dream of owning it.....something like a blue Hawk or yellow/blue Major Bludd from India.

However, there are some items in my collection that I think are really cool also.....I always liked the Tiger Force Outback (crazy white hair!) and I still am a fan of the Cobra De Aco, even though they were two of the first foreign figures I ever got.

If you held my feet to the fire and made me pick one though, I would probably say that my all time favorite international Joe is probably Redmack. I love the brown camo pattern and the bright blue undershirt even works for me for some reason.

zark1976
10-27-2008, 02:12 PM
For me it's
Quarrel
Moondancer
Blades

dominic.18
10-27-2008, 03:44 PM
de aco and quarrel

Erick
10-27-2008, 04:15 PM
Satan!!! \m/ no contest :D

DPrime
10-27-2008, 05:11 PM
The favourites of mine that I actually own are my Red Laser, Quarrel, Ar Puro, Marujo, and TF Outback. Cobra de Aco too but that's still in transit... If I had to pick just one I'd probably go with Quarrel.

Tiger Force Blizzard.

Without any doupt the most expensive european exclusive nowdays. very hard to get complete in a C-9 condition or MOC.

I think you're forgetting about the European Crimson Guard Immortal...

Vroomer
10-30-2008, 04:12 AM
De Aco is my favorite :)

Propaedeutic
10-30-2008, 08:43 AM
If I could have one international figure, it'd be Funskool Windmill. For novelty value, nothing beats that backpack and card art.

http://www.yojoe.com/action/int/india/cardedimages/04windmillcard_variant.shtml

jamarmiller
11-03-2008, 05:30 AM
Love seeing all the love for the international guys

Its hard for me to pick but I would have to probally put the UK guys first and then the argen 7 guys

Quarrel
Red Laser
Glenda
Cobra De Aco
Cobra Mortal

its so hard to pick LOL

I just wish someone like the collectors club would do these guys

and boy would I give anything to see the RED SHADOWS return

Volleydan
11-03-2008, 05:01 PM
I have to also give mad props to the Funskool "Super Mario" version of Cross Country......funniest joe figure EVER.

BOUNCERDAVE
11-24-2008, 04:23 PM
id have to say my tiger force hit & run.

spiderpumpkin
11-24-2008, 05:51 PM
Action Force Hunter

scwv
11-27-2008, 10:34 AM
The favourites of mine that I actually own are my Red Laser, Quarrel, Ar Puro, Marujo, and TF Outback. Cobra de Aco too but that's still in transit... If I had to pick just one I'd probably go with Quarrel.

I think you're forgetting about the European Crimson Guard Immortal...

i would say no camo jammer would be the hardest and most expensive. CGI being 2nd.

Volleydan
11-28-2008, 03:03 PM
i would say no camo jammer would be the hardest and most expensive. CGI being 2nd.

Really? I could have sworn that a no camo Jammer sold in the $250 range just recently...while you can't ever seem to get a CGI variant for less than $500.

As far as the Blizzard, I wouldn't put him higher than #5 on my list of HTF UK figures....

CGI (Rock Viper head)
Jammer (no camo)
Moondancer (complete)
Dolphin (complete)
TF Blizzard
Gaucho
Blades/Hunter (w/intact SAS logos)
Red Laser (w/intact logo)

BOUNCERDAVE
11-29-2008, 12:38 AM
blizzard is the only one i need to get

BOUNCERDAVE
11-29-2008, 12:40 AM
the c.g.i is on ebay now for a bin of $800.00

scwv
11-29-2008, 06:02 PM
well maybe not price wise then however i will say the no camo jammer is the rarest. i know of 3 and u mentioned another so at least 4 maybe the one that was sold is one of the 3 (i am sure there are plenty more as with everything). i would also say the CGI sorta got a cult following now which make the price go that high. not too long ago (5-6 years ago) 98% of the people interested didn't even know it exsisted. and i got my 3 UK CGI for well under 500 each 1 only cost me 100. but even then when i sold off my collection he was still only getting 300-350. there was that insane foreign joe price boom a year or so back when things were getting 2-3x what they were worth.

Enjoy:
http://whateveruwant.org/ijforsale.htm
http://whateveruwant.org/ijcollection.htm

Really? I could have sworn that a no camo Jammer sold in the $250 range just recently...while you can't ever seem to get a CGI variant for less than $500.

As far as the Blizzard, I wouldn't put him higher than #5 on my list of HTF UK figures....

CGI (Rock Viper head)
Jammer (no camo)
Moondancer (complete)
Dolphin (complete)
TF Blizzard
Gaucho
Blades/Hunter (w/intact SAS logos)
Red Laser (w/intact logo)

dominic.18
11-29-2008, 06:15 PM
wow great collection you got. it helps me realize how many I still need. those aren't all for sale are they?

scwv
11-29-2008, 06:24 PM
wow great collection you got. it helps me realize how many I still need. those aren't all for sale are they?

99% of that is gone. i know people like eye candy so i figured i would share some.

spiderpumpkin
11-30-2008, 05:25 PM
I tried to win a no camo Jammer 3 months ago. It was being sold with the black camo Jammer as a set. The pair sold for $616.66.

joss789
12-07-2008, 07:15 PM
When i saw Internationl figures for the first time, UK Action Force Hunter was my favourite. Now, i have some international figures, a lot of them looks great and it's hard to say witch one is my favourite.
My top 5:
-UK Hunter
-Cobra De Aco
-Red Laser
-Chrome Cobra Mortal
-UK Tiger Force Hit & Run

FAKER II
12-08-2008, 01:59 PM
Duke (Chinese version)

I only had Tiger Force Duke when I was a kid but I always wanted the original. Only having the TF version, I had no idea that the first Duke had different lower arms and waist. I never knew there was difference until I received my 1st original Duke about 8 years ago. When I found out about the Chinese Duke, I had to have it because it was the Duke I wanted as a kid since it’s how I envisioned him with the TF Duke mold.

masteratarms2ndclass
12-14-2008, 07:29 AM
Euro Rock Viper for sure - not sure why I love that variation. I have built up several and am slowly but surely selling them off. I plan to keep one - I think.

I love the Euro TF figures, but I only have one loose. The other four I have are MOSC and beautiful, but they do me no good because I don't really collect MOSC. Don, you would love my MOSC Dutch Hit & Run.

tarz_an2003
12-14-2008, 05:02 PM
Though the mold was from our very own Cobra Commander, this unique character had seriously intrigued me and I'm honestly really happy that I own such a nice compliment! And I have my dear friend Richard (Urban Saboteur) to thank, for introducing me to him!! This figure alone started and really began my interest for international GIJOE figures...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2152/1971178565_ce9917c0d6.jpg