Issue #42 Spoiler Alert!! [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Issue #42 Spoiler Alert!!

Dreadnok4life
04-28-2005, 01:07 AM
Okay I haven't read the book yet. But a poster on Joe Sightings claims Lady Jaye get killed in it. Can anyone confirm this?

assassin
04-28-2005, 03:10 AM
looks that way but cant tell for sure
there is lots on joereloaded.com and on the devilsdue.net boards go check it out

rodney
04-28-2005, 08:07 AM
I dunno if she did, she got knifed by the bald Red Shadow lady. Flint is on the cover of America's Elite #0 and he said he was retiring, so it makes sense that Lady Jaye is the one that dies,but im really not sure I think he will clean it up and Jaye survives or she dies and does something big... But wasnt Joe Colton on that list? and he was confirmed dead for sure in this book. Great issue i must say! The Streamlined cast works very well, and it left alot of loose ends for #43 or the new series to tie up

what's Rey's backround?
What happened to Cobra Commander, Wraith, Zarta, Firefly, Destro, Baroness and pretty much all of Cobra and the Dreadknocks?
Why does everyone look so young!

Excellent!

Joeczar
04-28-2005, 10:55 AM
My thoughts on #42. It really didn't have much going on for a double size issue. Sure, the Lady Jaye thing was major, but it didn;'t happen until the last three pages of the story. The majority of the other pages was a bunch of talking, it was sort of like "The Phantom Menace">. Plus, couldn't they have had a page or two devoted to Cobra to see what was going on there? Overall, I wasn't too impress with this issue.

Dreadnok4life
04-28-2005, 07:50 PM
I'll have to go find the issue on my day off. Thanks for the info. I personally would be very disappointed if Lady J is dead.

assassin
04-28-2005, 08:01 PM
this issue was strange
it was a lot of dialogue
but it didn;t really explain much of what was going on in the last few issues
but it was still good
i personally cant stand how the deaths just get left off
u never really know whats going on but hey thats how its written
i really woulda thought that for soo much writing something would have been explained i wanna know what happened to cc what happened to wraith and the baroness how the twins are
one thing that i really loved tho is that the red shadows seem so stuff and calculated and what not but the first time they mess with SE and Kamakura
they get thier tails handed to them
that was sweet other than that i am still not sure what i think about this
issue i liked it yet i still felt unfulfilled

YoJoeNCSU
05-01-2005, 09:53 AM
one thing that i really loved tho is that the red shadows seem so stuff and calculated and what not but the first time they mess with SE and Kamakura
they get thier tails handed to them

That was probably my least favorite aspect of the red shadows...I'm so tired of GI Joe having super invincible ninjas (or commandos...). But I can see where if you like ninjas, then it would have been cool.

I also felt like it was a whole lot of dialog in some places that slowed the book down.

I am interested in learing about Gen Rey's background, where the Red Shoadows get all their technology, and what happened to the Cobra players.

Nemesis666
05-01-2005, 07:01 PM
Except for the ending....good issue. The roller coaster is finally slowing down and the story is setting in a given direction. They write that next issue (43) is the issue where Joe as we know it ceases to exist, well... I have got the feeling that it already ceased to exist several issues ago. Since Hawk's injury, so many things happened that I am not really sure what actually happened or what is going on.

I am definitelly not happy with what hapenned with Lady Jaye. If she is dead, I hope she is the last casualty for A WHILE. These characters are my childhood hereos, I don't want them to go... Enough characters died since issue 25

-Mainframe
-Flash
-Chuckles
-Big Boa
-Mindbender (at least for now)
-Baronness (?)
-The "Action Man" dude
-The bald dude from issue 41
-Hawk crippled
-The Jugglers, hey their death went almost unnoticed after the events with LJ.
-Lady jaye (?)
-Colton

ENOUGH. As a kid, I dropped out of Transformers after I saw the movie. Too much changes, practically every character that I liked was trashed out or reformatted into another. TF never felt the same again.

By the way, were is Destro? Is it assumed that Wraith was in the plane with Baronness? Then we could assume Baronness is alive, since they wouldn't kill their new villain so soon.

Has anybody noticed how little Scarlet and SE were featured recently? That was a good break! I like these characters but sometimes I feel like they are overexposed. If there is one thing I really liked from recent issues, it was that. Other Joes are getting the focus now!

Dreadnok4life
05-11-2005, 03:41 PM
Except for the ending....good issue. The roller coaster is finally slowing down and the story is setting in a given direction. They write that next issue (43) is the issue where Joe as we know it ceases to exist, well... I have got the feeling that it already ceased to exist several issues ago. Since Hawk's injury, so many things happened that I am not really sure what actually happened or what is going on.

I am definitelly not happy with what hapenned with Lady Jaye. If she is dead, I hope she is the last casualty for A WHILE. These characters are my childhood hereos, I don't want them to go... Enough characters died since issue 25

-Mainframe
-Flash
-Chuckles
-Big Boa
-Mindbender (at least for now)
-Baronness (?)
-The "Action Man" dude
-The bald dude from issue 41
-Hawk crippled
-The Jugglers, hey their death went almost unnoticed after the events with LJ.
-Lady jaye (?)
-Colton

ENOUGH. As a kid, I dropped out of Transformers after I saw the movie. Too much changes, practically every character that I liked was trashed out or reformatted into another. TF never felt the same again.

By the way, were is Destro? Is it assumed that Wraith was in the plane with Baronness? Then we could assume Baronness is alive, since they wouldn't kill their new villain so soon.

Has anybody noticed how little Scarlet and SE were featured recently? That was a good break! I like these characters but sometimes I feel like they are overexposed. If there is one thing I really liked from recent issues, it was that. Other Joes are getting the focus now!

Yes other Joes are getting the focus... then killed. I don't know. I am really starting to hate Devil's Due now. However I'm still giving them at least until Issue 3 of the revamp to see where it goes.

Pete The Greek
05-16-2005, 11:19 PM
Look here if you want to confirmed what happened to Lady Jaye.

http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com/rage/index1.htm

It's the preview for G.I. Joe: America's Elite #0.

Thanks to Airtight at joecustoms.com for first bringing up the preview link.

buckwheat826
05-19-2005, 03:47 AM
I thought the last 2 issues were great. Its obvious how they've impacted the toys. I think in a good way though because it definitely justifies some missing links. Too bad Gen. Rey couldn't spill the beans to Lady Jaye about his origin. I hope the Elite series does well, cuz I don't know how they plan to wrap it up by next issue. Red Shadow figs in the works Hasbro?

Dreadnok4life
05-19-2005, 07:10 PM
I thought the last 2 issues were great. Its obvious how they've impacted the toys. I think in a good way though because it definitely justifies some missing links. Too bad Gen. Rey couldn't spill the beans to Lady Jaye about his origin. I hope the Elite series does well, cuz I don't know how they plan to wrap it up by next issue. Red Shadow figs in the works Hasbro?

No figures are in the works with Hasbro. The line is semi dead.