Four 6-packs & a boat [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Four 6-packs & a boat

CGC
04-28-2005, 09:42 PM
If you're not a GI Joe Collector's Club member, you missed out on a great newsletter. The new Hydrofoil pics are out, & the cover art looks almost like the con box sets, wow!

Anyway, to get to the point. There was an interview with Billy Lagor, the new GI Joe marketing director, and he mentioned what we should still expect to see at the brick & mortar stores this summer. Some we've heard about, but a couple were new to me, so here's the question, of what's yet to come, what are you most excited about?

GI Joe Winter Operations
Cobra Imperial Procession
GI Joe H.A.S. (Heavy Assault Squad)
Crimson Shadow Guard
GI Joe Moray Hydrofoil

I think the Hydrofoil should have gone back to Cobra, since that's where it started, & the Joe's have had 2 versions of it since then, now it's 3 :rolleyes:. Anyway, my vote has to go to the Crimson Shadow Guard, I don't know anything about it, but I sure am curious.

racer223
04-28-2005, 09:52 PM
i vote the crimson shadow guard set too

joebahama
04-28-2005, 09:57 PM
ditto, for the CG set, I hope this time we can get some new Immortals, Crimson Guard Commanders or maybe some other type Cgs.

Liokaiser
04-28-2005, 10:01 PM
Dunno whats gonna be in the Shadow Gaurd set. so yeah went with the Imperial Set since only one I know of (and well that throne adds to the want level)

the Hydrofoil I am still iffy on still, I do wish it was a Cobra vehicle.

the Joe sets. well hate to say but I have yet to buy any. depends on when I see them in person.

Agent Orange
04-28-2005, 10:13 PM
The Moray Hydrofoil all the way.

I don't care if it is a Joe vehicle.

That thing is bad-ace, and we've been sorely lacking in bad-ace vehicles over the past few years.

-

Agent Orange
04-28-2005, 10:14 PM
Can someone scan and post those hydrofoil pics?

the joe bandit
04-28-2005, 10:22 PM
"Can someone scan and post those hydrofoil pics?"

I dont think we are to post pics, due to it being in the news letter. If they show up anywhere else though, let me know., cuase I would like to see as well.

For the record, I am glad the Hydrofoil is a Joe vehicle. I did not vote though, as I have not seen three of the five items. I will say that the only Joe Pack I have bought is the anti venom, so it dont look good for any Joes. the Joe HAS has potential, but another Roadblock is predicted!

Agent Orange
04-28-2005, 10:26 PM
If those pics aren't being used for commercial purposes, I see no problem with posting them. Just cite the original location, and you are in the clear.

pete95
04-28-2005, 10:53 PM
Did the newsletter mention any figures with the moray hydrofoil ?

Epyon
04-28-2005, 11:03 PM
Flint and Beachead.

Epyon
04-28-2005, 11:15 PM
Sorry, Duke's going to be in the H.A.S.. Also, that's not Snake Eyes in the winter ops set.
The Moray looks like someone threw confetti all over it. It's a puke green color with different colors all over it.

Agent Orange
04-28-2005, 11:51 PM
:O

I know some folks are bound to disagree with me, but...

I LOVE the colors of the hydrofoil!!!

FAR, FAR better than another red or blue vehicle. Yeah, it's odd that it's a Joe vehicle, but the colors could work well for either a Joe or Cobra boat. Honestly, the olny better choice would have been an all-grey naval scheme.

The figure choice is really odd, though. What are two Army Rangers doing on a boat like this?

I think some of the Joe SEALs would have been much better choices - how about Wet Suit and Tracker?

-

Agent Orange
04-29-2005, 12:02 AM
By the way, thanks for the pic, Static!

firefly2121
04-29-2005, 12:03 AM
Thanks for the pic static...

Reptilian Popinjay
04-29-2005, 12:29 AM
I voted for the Shadow Guard but it could be a disaster.

I plan only to get that red Baroness from the IP set once gijoehq.com or figuresdirect.com gets one, and then switch its head with a V1 Baroness. Those awful guards in that set do NOTHING for me.

My skepticism makes me guess the Shadow Guard set will have a V1 Firefly and a V2 or V3 Storm Shadow in it in BLACK AND PURPLE.

If Hasbro asked me to do a Shadow Guard set, this is what comes to mind:

1. Night Viper in pure black
2. Crimson Guard Immortal in black with silver armor and red visor
3. Viper (V1 upper body, BAT V1 legs like they all have now) in black with lighter black accents and a red COBRA symbol
4. Night Creeper V1 in black with silver armor
5. Crimson Guard (with removeable helmet) in black with red accents
6. COBRA Trooper (Comic #1 3-pack trooper) in black with lighter black accents and a red COBRA symbol

And I'd release a Crimson Shadow HISS tank as an accessory that is a black HISS tank with a red canopy and "dirty" treads with a HISS Driver in black with a red COBRA symbol.

Cavalry Man
04-29-2005, 01:16 AM
I hope these pics will help. I'll try to send the box art unless someone else does.

Uh, oh. You probably shouldn't have done that. Even in the newsletter, the stated that the images in the newsletter were to not be posted on any public forum. And as far as I know thats the only place you could have gotten that image.

You know, some day something will be done about things like this and people won't be happy.

dockingbay97
04-29-2005, 01:17 AM
If those pics aren't being used for commercial purposes, I see no problem with posting them. Just cite the original location, and you are in the clear.

DO NOT POST PICTURES FROM THE MC NEWSLETTER!

We just went through this with Con photos in the last newsletter. That online newsletter is for paying MC customers and MC will throw a fit if someone does this again.

It is not worth getting you and this site into legal troubles with MC.

Just wait until they are posted on the public side of the MC website or other websites.

If people continue to post MC Newsletter photos this on this board and expose this site to legal trouble, we may have to consider removing the member(s) from this site.

Reptilian Popinjay
04-29-2005, 01:57 AM
::laughs maniacally like COBRA Commander::

I wonder in a few years (or months) when we run out of cheap oil and gas goes to $100 a gallon and so-called middle class American society implodes like the Cobra-La ice dome, if we will remember that we used to worry about things like who has posted copyrighted photographs of TOYS inappropriately.

Don't mistake me, I understand why the moderators have to protect this website and enforce certain rules. I just think in a while it will hardly matter to anybody when we are trying to sell our entire collections to pay for a tank of gas to get to work.

::laughs evilly again::

thorn
04-29-2005, 03:03 AM
great thread title!!!

i went with the boat, a killer re release

SecurityPoliceAF_Joe
04-29-2005, 08:18 AM
Heavy assault squad.

drveovru2
04-29-2005, 09:15 AM
can someone one send me a pic as well.

also, i heard someone speaking about a group website made on yahoo groups that was going to be for posting all this stuff.

rumor has it it was made from a library pc where people have unmonitored access and they made up a new id. so i guess any legal action would be hard to prove. worst case scenario is that the group gets closed down. how could you find someone that doesn't exist. i mean they are using a public forum where it ip address is everyones and they said there was no monitoring of who uses the pc so they couldnt track them....

now if i could only find out where the page is. anyone want to send me a link.,, pleas help .. thanks

Mr Rage
04-29-2005, 09:22 AM
Someone send me a pic of the Moray Hydrofoil please!

Mr Rage

CGC
04-29-2005, 10:39 AM
I'm kind of hoping that the Crimson Shadow Guard will be a set of Red Shadows. I think that we've been flooded with Crimson Guards lately, between the OCS & the Tomax & Xamot 6-packs, then the Imperial Procession is on the way. They're all great, but the only Red Shadows that have ever been made are UK/Europe, & I'd like to have some more ;).

Back to the Hydrofoil, it really is too bad that it's for the Joes, but I'll definately be getting one for parts, maybe 2, I'll have to see exactly what I'm missing as far as reassembling a few of the real Hydrofoils I've got around. :p

joebahama
04-29-2005, 10:52 AM
Someone send me a pic of the Moray Hydrofoil please!

Mr Rage

me too, cause I don't know what in the world you guys are talking about?

Angry Beef
04-29-2005, 12:03 PM
The Crimson Shadow Guard set will hopefully be 3 CG and a CG Immortal in black with red highlights. I don't know about the other two figures.

When will the pics be made public?

the joe bandit
04-29-2005, 02:18 PM
me too, cause I don't know what in the world you guys are talking about?

Would whoever copy me in on it to please.

snappy80
04-29-2005, 03:49 PM
red shadows would be cool

FRAGVIPER#1
04-30-2005, 12:40 AM
I would like a pic of the hydrofoil as well if at all possible.

Thanks

johnlogic
04-30-2005, 08:40 AM
ditto, [email protected], I'll even be nice and send to others. What ever is new I wish to view. (heh I'm a poet)