Sigma Six Shaping Up [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Sigma Six Shaping Up

the scarecrow
04-30-2005, 09:25 AM
After reading the newsletter, Sigma Six promises more articulation, gear, and a covert action themed animated show. I hope this line creates a new interest in G.I. Joe among kids. Although Hasbro plans on a 3.75" store, as a collector, will you purchase Sigma Six? If not, what changes would you make in Sigma Six to create interest with both kids and collectors.

Deogg
04-30-2005, 09:56 AM
Absolutely positively NOT. I don't care if it's on 90% clearance at TRU (which it WILL end up at).

Honestly? I'd scrap the entire S6 line altogether. One, the price point. WAY too expensive. Depending on where you shop, that's 2-3 Star Wars figures, two 3.75" Joe two-packs, or 2 Marvel Legends figures. You can get SO much more bang for the buck with other lines out there. The kid wanting an S6 figure and the parent going "they're too expensive, let's get you this *insert figure line here* guy instead" scenario is going to happen a LOT.

Two, they look like some messed up anime rejects. If I wanted to buy anime figures, I'd go buy stuff like Yu Gi Oh or DBZ (both are lines that I really can't stand). GI Joe anime is like Star Wars anime: Nuh-uh. Another idea yet still having SOMETHING S6 is do a TRU 6-pack, but lord only knows how well it would sell (or not sell).

SecurityPoliceAF_Joe
04-30-2005, 09:59 AM
If I buy the S6 it will be when they are on clearance, just like I did with the
Sgt Savage/Screaming Eagles and GI Joe Extreme lines.
Maybe they should do one more toys r us six pack of the S6 figures in 3.75 form to help with the transition. Other than that I don't know what can help generate interest. I'm still seeing the Star Wars figures that have the S6 design just hanging on the toy pegs. If that's any indication of how S6 is going to sell, it won't be around for long.

CGC
04-30-2005, 10:21 AM
I'll probably get a couple B.A.T.s when they come out. I think I can accept Mindbender making an army of oversized robots in my joeverse - I didn't get any of the 12" B.A.T.s though, that's just too big. Otherwise, unless my kids want them for birthdays or Christmas, I doubt that I'll spend on anything else from that line.

Dreadnok4life
05-01-2005, 12:40 PM
Initially I had the mindset that there would be no way that I would buy one of these things. But now I have a wait and see attitude. I'm going to reserve judgement until I actually see one in person. So my answer now is.. "I don't know.. maybe."

Epyon
05-01-2005, 03:24 PM
If I buy the S6 it will be when they are on clearance, just like I did with the
Sgt Savage/Screaming Eagles and GI Joe Extreme lines.
Maybe they should do one more toys r us six pack of the S6 figures in 3.75 form to help with the transition. Other than that I don't know what can help generate interest. I'm still seeing the Star Wars figures that have the S6 design just hanging on the toy pegs. If that's any indication of how S6 is going to sell, it won't be around for long.

Star Wars has Sigma Six figures now???
I think you mean the force battlers line, and no, they are nothing like the upcomming sigma six line.
Don't support the new line and new show, and when it bombs, they will scrap the whole joe line.
If the sales were so spectacular, there never would have been a need to re-energize the line.
It's like there's a bunch of old ladies on this board or something...

thorn
05-01-2005, 08:24 PM
I'll probably get a couple B.A.T.s when they come out. I think I can accept Mindbender making an army of oversized robots in my joeverse - I didn't get any of the 12" B.A.T.s though, that's just too big.

that's a Great idea! i might end up getting a few for jsut that as well, thanks for the idea
CGC