Recommended driver for Cobra Earthquake [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Recommended driver for Cobra Earthquake

flywheels
05-02-2005, 01:31 PM
I'm slowly getting my GIJoe shelf set up the way I want, but I can't figure out which Cobra character is best suited to drive the bright neon colored Cobra Earthquake.

Any suggestions? I don't have a lot of RAH Cobra figures to choose from in my collection, but I do have a few along w/ several different newer sculpt figures.

Please pass along your suggestions. Thanks!

Blight
05-02-2005, 01:47 PM
My own choices for which COBRA soldier operates my Earthquake is either a Shock-Viper, C.L.A.W.S. trooper, Headhunter, or regular infantry Viper.
I think the Earthquake it one of the better of the later COBRA vehicles from the RAH run and it ticks me off that it so often gets downplayed because of the neon colors.

flywheels
05-02-2005, 02:16 PM
I personally love the vehicle, despite it's rather loud colors. Plus it was a bargain @ $15 with only 2 red missiles missing (one of which I still need!).

Didn't think about the Shock Viper...I'll have to see how he looks on the 'dozer. Thanks for your suggestions Blight.

Agent Orange
05-02-2005, 07:12 PM
How about Techno-Viper?

He seems the obvious choice.

blackdragon
05-02-2005, 08:15 PM
i always liked going with the box art. And if i remember correctly it was a over-kill v1 and a couple bats v2 that was on it.

flywheels
05-02-2005, 08:35 PM
Guess I should try and locate Overkill (v1) and some BATS and/or Techno-Viper!

The Faceless Master
05-03-2005, 11:27 AM
How about a Mega Viper (http://www.yojoe.com/action/93/megaviper.shtml)?
Altho I havent seen an Earthquake up close yet, so am not sure if the color
scheme matches

flywheels
05-03-2005, 12:07 PM
Didn't think about a Mega-Viper...that might just work. The 2 shades of purple are different but the yellows might match. Thanksf for that suggestion!

gun metal
05-04-2005, 12:09 AM
When I had the thing Ninja Force Zartan and Sonic Fighter Road Pig w/ a bunch of v2. HEAT Vipers looked best. The Earthquake is kinda Dreadnokish.