Cobra Mortal !!! [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Cobra Mortal !!!

charlyjoe
05-02-2005, 08:05 PM
Hello Friends ... I Stay Looking On Ebay And I Find A Great Lot Of Plastiramaīs Figures ... And .. Surprise I Look A Cobra Mortal With His File !!!! ... Amazing !!! ... Can Any Tell Something About This ??? ... I Donīt Know Well The Others Figures ... Any Information Please !!!!
Thanks
Charly:)

Satan
05-02-2005, 09:57 PM
If its a real mortal.. it doesn't look to be in the best of condition. I'd probably email the seller and request some better photo's. To many fakes trying to be passed off as real. All the other figures look to be legit, but aren't really worth much IMO. The seller has very little feedback, although positive feedback, and has sold a bunch of knock offs, for some decent bucks. But I'd still proceed with caution, they seem pretty knowledgable on all their other auctions. But then they post the mortal in alot of junk figs instead of showcasing him.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2467&item=5973013981&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

charlyjoe
05-02-2005, 10:14 PM
I must talk with a friend who lieves in Argentina ... maybe he knows something about this seller

ShioN
05-02-2005, 11:19 PM
I must talk with a friend who lieves in Argentina ... maybe he knows something about this seller

Hi, this seller is not from Argentina, heīs from a coutry that is next to Argentina, which is called Uruguay. Heīs not from here. The figure, thogh, looks pretty decent.

Pete The Greek
05-03-2005, 09:34 AM
I am not so sure that the figure itself is fake. But it does look like somebody tried to touch up the paint on the figure because of heavy paint wear..

ShioN
05-03-2005, 11:33 AM
I am not so sure that the figure itself is fake. But it does look like somebody tried to touch up the paint on the figure because of heavy paint wear..

Well, to be honest, I donīt really know if itīs a fake. I believe he is not aware of what heīs selling, heīs been asked a couple of questions and he answers as if he didnīt know the figureīs value. I believe we should rather focus on the sellerīs behaviour rather than the figure itself. Guys who upload fakes are well aware of that and advertise them quite a lot and take a lot of pics.

Anyway... how about the filecard??? It looks pretty real to me.

ShioN
05-03-2005, 11:36 AM
By the way... how is a heavy paintworn cobra mortal supposed to look? how does chrome-like paint looks on an old figure? If anyone has pics to compare, please throw them in.

acmirro
05-03-2005, 03:21 PM
I'm kinda iffy on this one. the chrome doesnt have the shine it should have. But it could just be the photo, or, as Peter said, it could be a paint job. I would ask for better pics if I was bidding....

(Ok, back to my cave)

Satan
05-03-2005, 04:17 PM
The seller said they had to get the camera back, and that they'd take more pics. I'm not 100% certain but I thought the mortal figure was red underneath the chrome. But the chrome does seem to be lacking on this fig, which was a concern, or maybe it was touched over with some paint, or is just badly worn. I'm also concerned about the sellers apparent lack of knowledge, but they knew alot about the other figures that they sold. Not that that means anything, just seems suspicious to me.

Prophet
05-03-2005, 07:20 PM
Seems to be a fake. Seems funny that this same dull grey Mortal that was in the MOC auction has also made its way into this auction. I don't know, bidders should be really cautious!!

the scarecrow
05-04-2005, 08:29 AM
Another auction was posted to show Cobra Mortal more thoroughly.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2467&item=5973538939&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
The first pic still looks painted; the second was shot by Zapruder or an UFO enthusiast.

CGC
05-04-2005, 04:27 PM
It seems funny to me, too, but then, what I don't know could fill a book!

Obviously, it looks legit to somebody, right now, the current bid is at $560. With that kind of a bid, I would think that somebody looked pretty close, & knows for sure that it is what it looks like. Shill bidders aside, & my gut feeling aside, I don't have anything to say 'it aint so'. Eventually, I hope to get one myself, but for now, this one is already getting close to my con budget... ;) Good luck to both the seller & the winning bidder!

ShioN
05-04-2005, 10:22 PM
Another auction was posted to show Cobra Mortal more thoroughly.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2467&item=5973538939&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
The first pic still looks painted; the second was shot by Zapruder or an UFO enthusiast.

Itīs not original. At least Destroīs head looks blue underneath the silver mirror-like chrome. If it is a real Mortal, it has had a paint job. I canīt tell if it was a snake eyes - the figures he is selling are from that line, but well...

I would like to see the buyerīs face when he gets it, but if someone wants to believe it is original... by the way: WHY ON EARTH DO THE FIRST TWO PICS FROM THE ORIGINAL AUTION LOOK SO CLEAR, AND THE ONE WITH THE MORTAL ON ITīS OWN DOESNīT?????

the scarecrow
05-05-2005, 08:25 AM
The seller emailed me last evening after I made an inquiry/comparison of Cobra Mortal. The reply was as follows:

"It seems a very similar colour to me, but the lot came that way, if you prefer to get it more briliant one then, this lot are not the figures you are looking for!! I was happy getting $50 for the lot!! but it seems it is a rare figure!. Good luck with the hunt."

Satan
05-05-2005, 01:22 PM
I would have chanced $50 for the lot. But no way would I pay hundreds just to find out I got a fake mortal. And since the seller has no idea about the figures, or claims not to, and then bought them that way from someone else, just raises alot of red flags for me...