Big Bear v2 Pre-Production variant? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Big Bear v2 Pre-Production variant?

CGC
05-08-2005, 01:42 AM
Ok, this might be roughly 12 years after the fact, but I just got him today, so it's news to me...

Who has the fc for the 1993 International Action Force & also the Big Bear v2 that was a part of the set? Big Bear v1 had red (orange) hair, & v2 had black, no arguements there, right? Well, look at the v2 filecard, it's a small pic, but it shows a Big Bear v2 with red (orange) hair.

Does anybody know of any pre-production variants like this, or is the one in the picture the only one that was put together that way?

I don't mean to beat a dead horse if this is common knowledge, but again, it's news to me. Any answers?

Goofateer
05-13-2005, 02:56 PM
I don't mean to beat a dead horse if this is common knowledge, but again, it's news to me. Any answers?

Virtually every photograph used in the promotion of a toy line is taken long before it's actually used. As a result the figures and vehicles used in the photographs are often pre-production, or even mock-up versions. Look at the best known example on the Star Brigade cards. The early release versions have a hand painted Payload version 1, while later versions correct the error with the proper Payload using the Barbeque mold. Odds are very good that the Big Ben figure in the photo was actually a mock-up made out of an existing version 1 Big Ben.
Roger

CGC
05-13-2005, 07:58 PM
Thanks. That's what I was expecting, but I was curious if there were a few redheaded v2's floating around somewhere...