Which is Your Favorite Cobra Mercenary? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Which is Your Favorite Cobra Mercenary?

joebahama
05-10-2005, 06:56 PM
Over the years Cobra had contracted many different types of people to do their dirty work that their conventional forces are not suited for. Which of these Guys is your favorite. By the way , keep in mine I can't include everyone contracted by Cobra.

By definition a Mercenary is a trained soldier who chooses to engage in a conflict primarily for economic gain. I think this defintion fits most of the guys in the poll. However, in truth I would think that just about everyone in Cobra is only concerned with this type of benefit but the guys I listed primarily meet this criteria to me.

My personal favorite although he is a real bad guy is Firefly. I think he epitomizes Mercenary.

NightViperOne
05-10-2005, 07:07 PM
I had to go with Zartan, since his brother, Zandar, wasn't there. But then, if not for Zartan, Zandar wouldn't be there anyhow. :D

-Jim

joebahama
05-10-2005, 07:10 PM
Yeah, I figured not to include any other Dreadnoks because they are subcontracted through Zartan by Cobra in much the same way the Nightcreeper leader had his Night Creepers and the Headman his Headhunters.

the joe bandit
05-10-2005, 07:20 PM
I did not vote as I would have to say the original mercanary-Major Blood!

joebahama
05-10-2005, 07:33 PM
I did not vote as I would have to say the original mercanary-Major Blood!

I thought about adding him but I always saw him as a Cobra Infantry Forces leader. Thats always how he was portrayed in the Cartoon and Comic.

He even has an official rank in Cobra 0-4 Major, so I assume that is a leadership role and he is thus in charge of troops. I see him more as a member of Cobra High command rather than just as a regular mercenary although he is a mercenary. Well to be honest with you everyone in cobra is a mercenary.

tunsaisu saigon
05-10-2005, 08:43 PM
i'd say night vulture, although some view him has an army builder, i see him has other-wise, a mercenary, better than or equal to some of the ones on the poll, but i voted firefly

Erick
05-10-2005, 09:11 PM
It's pretty close but i have to say Firefly, the perfect mercenary, 100% accurate and nobody knows much about him, Zartan comes second

Blight
05-10-2005, 09:33 PM
Night Vultures are troops, Sky Creeper is their leader.

I went with Darklon. I've always been a fan of COBRA's lesser known leaders and lieutenants, and he just struck as being someone who would work for COBRA but at the same time wouldn't be above pushing his own agenda.

doone
05-10-2005, 09:52 PM
[QUOTE=Blight]Night Vultures are troops, Sky Creeper is their leader.

he said some people see them as troops, it's a free country, please don't be ignorant.
i went with firefly
zartan
zandar
and i like the night vulture also
i know exactly what he's talking about
it's the violentfx's dio-story, where night vulture tries to execute destro
if i had a link to it i'd post it
it's a cool story
it show's night vulture tearing down the house:cool:

danyanda
05-10-2005, 10:06 PM
I disagree and see Major Bludd as a true mercenary. In the comics Bludd was originally brought into the fold for the sole purpose of killing I believe Scarface. Later on in the comics the Jugglers hired Bludd to kill Snake Eyes. I would say he is definitely a merc. That being said I always thought he was kind of hokey. Storm Shadow and Zartan are both super cool, but the various ties they hold to other characters makes them less "mercenary-ish" to me. I don't see SS fighting for economic gain since he worked with Cobra to find the Hard Master's killer, then teamed up with the joes in order to get revenge, help Snake Eyes, etc... Zartan does fight for economic gain, but he walks away from stuff in order to protect his family. Scrap Iron is good, too, but I always think of him as one of Destro's cohorts who tests products, etc... I feel that it would be difficult to lure Scrap Iron away from Destro. All of the other choices are characters that do not appeal to me at all and do not really exist in my Joeverse. I choose to ignore them. Except for Firefly. He is the original uber baddie. Sure, the ninja relations got him tied to the Arashikage just like everyone else, but aside from that he has never sold out being truly unscrupulous. He would turn on anyone for enough money, and he even let a whole bunch of his compatriots die in the frieghter when he had a way out, just because it was no benefit for him to help them. He is by far my favorite.

the joe bandit
05-10-2005, 10:14 PM
I thought about adding him but I always saw him as a Cobra Infantry Forces leader. Thats always how he was portrayed in the Cartoon and Comic.

He even has an official rank in Cobra 0-4 Major, so I assume that is a leadership role and he is thus in charge of troops. I see him more as a member of Cobra High command rather than just as a regular mercenary although he is a mercenary. Well to be honest with you everyone in cobra is a mercenary.

You make a very good point. He may have started out as a merc, but his position definatly changed over the years!

Cavalry Man
05-11-2005, 12:07 AM
Major Bludd. The original mercenary. He may have been an O-4, but many mercs, fake or real were once military.

Mr. Crimson
05-11-2005, 12:36 AM
I will have to go with Firefly.

Merax
05-11-2005, 01:27 AM
Firefly is the Merc of all Mercs! He has always been my favorite character as well as army builder.

Viper Commander
05-11-2005, 08:07 AM
I also picked Firefly. I would have picked SS but he's more a pure assasin.

tstorm_75
05-11-2005, 12:33 PM
I had to go with FireFly. He was and still is the ultimate mercenary. Storm Shadow would get my vote but in my universe he is back with the JOes.

Rocketson
05-11-2005, 12:43 PM
I voted for Scrap Iron. I still remember the episode of arise serpentor arise where Scrap Iron turns on Cobra Commander to better his own future.. until CC gives him a sac of money, then he's back on CC's team. Also with his ties to Destro and MARS I feel like money is his only employer. Such a cool figure too.

Cold Slither
05-11-2005, 02:15 PM
Maja Bludd. Cauubrrraa!!!!

YELSEW
05-11-2005, 07:12 PM
I went with FIREFLY (of course) And I agree, I don't see Major Bludd as a merc either.

SecurityPoliceAF_Joe
05-11-2005, 07:18 PM
I had to go with Zartan.

whitedalek
05-12-2005, 10:38 AM
I picked Firefly as that Major Bludd wasn't on the list. I still think Major Bludd is the main merc for Cobra. Plus, he writes awesome poetry! "Slap a fresh clip in your uzi"! C'mon! He's the man! :D