What was Hawk thinking? Marvel#1 [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : What was Hawk thinking? Marvel#1

Jimmyboy
05-12-2005, 11:22 AM
I just got through reading Marvel #1 (issue from comic pack #1). Why did Hawk tell the guys that were attacking the airfield to leave one small aircraft intact? CC escaped in that "one small aircraft"! Traitor, conspiracy, logical tactical move, etc? That order seemed very strange. Maybe it was Hasbro's way of keeping the whole Joe v. Cobra Command going?

Xerofall
05-12-2005, 11:35 PM
He also knew he might've had to get his own team off in case of CC wired the island to blow.

In fact they had to steal a Cobra helo to get off. He was being a good leader and thinking of a good "plan B" to fall back on.

Angry Beef
05-13-2005, 11:49 AM
Wasnt Hawk at one point going to betray the team? I think Hama stated that as the reason for the Afghanistan decoy mission against the Oktober Guard. Maybe from the get go Hama intended to have Hawk betray the team

Dreadnok4life
05-13-2005, 12:44 PM
Wasnt Hawk at one point going to betray the team? I think Hama stated that as the reason for the Afghanistan decoy mission against the Oktober Guard. Maybe from the get go Hama intended to have Hawk betray the team

I've never read an article where Hama states that. That issue clearly showed Hawk sent the team as a decoy in order to complete the mission goal. And it worked. If Hawk wanted to be a traitor, he could have leaked the true mission to Cobra. He didn't. Nuff said.

Angry Beef
05-16-2005, 02:17 PM
...... Sorry I didn't know you were the end all be all of discussions.

Cesspool
05-20-2005, 06:12 AM
That issue (the oktober guard one) has Hawk sending a message to cobra as well.

I often wondered why he did that but thought it may been answered in a issue I missed.

danyanda
05-20-2005, 08:01 PM
It was explained in the comics like this...

the Joes were sent to retrieve the Satellite. Hawk informed Cobra of the Joe's whereabouts and Cobra (as well as the OG) intercepted them. After a rather convoluted mission, the Joes wound up successfully retrieving their satellite, only to find that the real satellite had already been retrieved and they were merely a decoy to keep Cobra busy while it was spirited out of Afghanistan.

I can remember reading somewhere that Hama had intended to make Hawk betray the Joes as well, but that may have just been heresay on this board. On the other hand, judging from the way he tied things together with stuff that happened years earlier, it could have been a plan of his that eventually got nixed.
I'll still go with the strategic decision to leave an escape route for issue #1.

the joe bandit
05-20-2005, 09:08 PM
I just got through reading Marvel #1 (issue from comic pack #1). Why did Hawk tell the guys that were attacking the airfield to leave one small aircraft intact? CC escaped in that "one small aircraft"! Traitor, conspiracy, logical tactical move, etc? That order seemed very strange. Maybe it was Hasbro's way of keeping the whole Joe v. Cobra Command going?

Actually, I beleive that the plane was used as bait. If there was one aircraft, Cobra would try to use it to transport the hostage. Of course this was one of the stages in which CC was a mastermind......so he sent the Baroness in disguise instead!

Dreadnok4life
05-24-2005, 02:38 AM
...... Sorry I didn't know you were the end all be all of discussions.

Now you know.. and knowing is half the battle. :rolleyes: