1st Annual YuCon meeting [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : 1st Annual YuCon meeting

Greymalkin
05-16-2005, 01:53 AM
Hello all over here at YoJoe. I normally post over at JoeCustoms.com. I'm posting over here to let everyone know about the 1st annual YuCon meeting. That stands for the Yukon Oklahoma area collectors Convention. Anybody in the Oklahoma City area (or beyond) is welcome to attend.

Here's the details, as of this very moment. Anybody needing further instructions or directions, feel free to PM me here or at JoeCustoms. I'm Greymalkin there too. Here are the details, as worked out between Jimmyboy and I.

Date: Saturday, June 4th

Place: Sunset Park on Mustang Road.
It has a large covered pavillion with picnic tables underneath it where we can spread out our stuff for trade. It has playground equipment for those with kids. It also has public bathrooms. Yeah, they smell bad but if you gotta go...

Timeline:
3:30-4:00 Arrivals and introductions. Enough time for everyone to show up and get to meet everyone. I'm considering buying some name badges because I am HORRIBLE with names. What do you think?
4:00-5:00 Trades, sales, whatever else might come up here.
5:00-?? Go out for dinner, possibly even a mass toy run into Oklahoma City afterwards.

If I could get everybody who's wanting to come to shoot me a PM so that I can get an idea of how many to expect I'd appreciate it.

Grey

Jimmyboy
05-16-2005, 02:18 PM
I am there! Coming all the way from Houston.

masteratarms2ndclass
05-16-2005, 10:48 PM
I'm in. I'll be coming over from Norman. Look forward to meeting and trading with everyone. Thanks for the info Greymalking, and Jimmy, I appreciate the heads up. pm on the way....

Greymalkin
05-17-2005, 02:39 AM
Great to hear it guys. I look forward to meeting both of you in person.

By the way everyone, this YuCon isn't limited to board members. Got a friend into Joes? Invite him/her along. The more the merrier.

Grey

Embra
05-19-2005, 02:36 PM
:D I'll be there. Though Grey is driving :p

Greymalkin
05-20-2005, 06:52 PM
Just a bump and a reminder. Just over two weeks to go gang.

Grey

Jimmyboy
05-25-2005, 08:09 AM
Here are some directions for ya'll!

Directions from OKC--go west on I-40 to the first Yukon/Mustang exit. Turn right/north. This is Hwy 4. Follow this road. Hwy 4 and Mustang road is the same thing for now. Where Hwy 4 veers left, go straight. Continue on Mustang road. The park is on the right. See you there!

Greymalkin
05-26-2005, 01:32 PM
I'll be making small signs to put out in front of the park so you guys will know you have the right place. I'll be making two, one for each side of the entry.

Grey

Jimmyboy
06-03-2005, 09:53 PM
BUMP--YuCon is tomorrow!!!

Greymalkin
06-05-2005, 02:07 PM
We had a blast yesterday guys!! It was a great time for everyone. I got to meet some great people and put faces and real names to a few screen names. :) I'm now looking forward to YuCon ver 2.0 later this summer.

Grey

Jimmyboy
06-06-2005, 01:00 PM
For those of you who did not attend, you missed out! It was a great time to meet some of the board members face to face. Good folks all around! Thanks to Greymalkin and Embra for setting this up. I will try to attend YuCon II--definately!

drveovru2
06-06-2005, 01:25 PM
man i wish i would of paid more attention. i didn't even look at the thread becuase the title didnt say oklahoma.... i would of went. i guess i will have to make the next one.

Greymalkin
06-06-2005, 07:10 PM
it's ok, we'll try for another one in late Aug somtime :) Hope to see you there.

Embra

*note* downside of useing the same comp :rolleyes: