A little help please (re: trading cards) [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : A little help please (re: trading cards)

Mainfade
05-17-2005, 08:04 PM
I have a two collections of G.I. Joe trading cards (aka action cards) copyrighted by Hasbro that came out in New Zealand in '86 and '88 respectively. There are two series and they show character and equipment file cards and profiles. They also show screen shots of the Joe movies that came out in the late eighties.

Can anyone tell me more about them, if they are of any value and when I can get more to complete my collection.

Cheers
Mainfade:cool:

TYPE*S*TOYS
05-28-2005, 11:00 PM
I have a two collections of G.I. Joe trading cards (aka action cards) copyrighted by Hasbro that came out in New Zealand in '86 and '88 respectively. There are two series and they show character and equipment file cards and profiles. They also show screen shots of the Joe movies that came out in the late eighties.

Can anyone tell me more about them, if they are of any value and when I can get more to complete my collection.

Cheers
Mainfade:cool:

I collect the US versions of these cards. I am curious if yours look any different. Are they in English? Are they made by Milton Bradley? If they are the Milton Bradley ones cards typically go for around $1 each. Key characters (Snake Eyes, Storm Shadowm, Firefly) can go for as much as $5-$8 each. You can usually pick off larger lots on Ebay for around $.20 cents a card. This is a fairly difficult set to complete.