India Funskool????? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : India Funskool?????

Trance Viper
05-20-2005, 01:10 PM
Is there a significant difference? I know the color schemes are different, but is the quality any good. I REALLY don't want to cop out and get the FS CGI's, but SHEESH, when they never go any less than like $20 a pop for a loose one, Funskool keeps looking better and better. Tell me, would I be breaking a commandment??

sinnister
05-20-2005, 01:12 PM
I personally own none of them but I have heard the plastic is real brittle and in some cases the figure breaks apart while still packaged. Those that do have them I think use them for mainly vehicle drivers or something that would cause very minimal movement. There is a thread about this somewhere...

Found it: funskool (http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=18114&highlight=funskool)

Trance Viper
05-20-2005, 01:20 PM
I personally own none of them but I have heard the plastic is real brittle and in some cases the figure breaks apart while still packaged. Those that do have them I think use them for mainly vehicle drivers or something that would cause very minimal movement. There is a thread about this somewhere...

Found it: funskool (http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=18114&highlight=funskool)

Thanks for the link.

So is there nothing to be ashamed of then? I want to use the Immortals as heavy assault in my crimson division.

sinnister
05-20-2005, 01:20 PM
On another note...there are a few collectors here that really like the FS figs and go out of their way to search them out. I dont have an educated or first-hand opinion...just what I read here!

Shiplore
05-20-2005, 01:25 PM
I bought a bunch of the Night Vipers and CGIs I usually just set them up and leave them, not to rigerous and I haven't had a problem with them at all.. great way to army build and long as you're not too rough with them. You can tell they're not actual joes.. but I bet my girlfriend coundn't.. if that's a clear enough explanation :)

shippy

MikePrime
05-20-2005, 01:27 PM
Is there a significant difference? I know the color schemes are different, but is the quality any good. I REALLY don't want to cop out and get the FS CGI's, but SHEESH, when they never go any less than like $20 a pop for a loose one, Funskool keeps looking better and better. Tell me, would I be breaking a commandment??

I have some Funskool figures and they're pretty good. I haven't actually opened any of them though, since I got them for the card artwork.

Have you looked at Smalljoes.com? They have Funskool figures for $3.99.

Trance Viper
05-20-2005, 01:30 PM
I have some Funskool figures and they're pretty good. I haven't actually opened any of them though, since I got them for the card artwork.

Have you looked at Smalljoes.com? They have Funskool figures for $3.99.

OH yeah, I visit there frequently. Great site. (didn't do so great with VvV wave 7 though) :mad:

flywheels
05-20-2005, 01:33 PM
If you like to army build or do dioramas, FS figs are a cheaper alternative. I have several and hadn't had any problems with them breaking or such. Take a little Rit dye and you can carefully change the ugly neon weapons/accessories to look more 'authentic'.

If anyone is curious, pick up one @ Smalljoes.com next time you place an order...you might be surprised that they are crap like most people think they are...

zark1976
05-20-2005, 01:46 PM
I have had some real problems with a couple funskool figures. Muskrat cannot use his swivel arm battle grip, and his arms are not at the right rotational point.Flint broke apart in the package, and when I tried to put him together, the screwbroke through the ridge on the back that holds them together and drilled through his chest like an alien. Yes the figures are cheap, and no the quality control is not excellent, but the figs aren't horrible for the most part. They're especially good if you want some cheap custom fodder.

cutter27
05-20-2005, 02:04 PM
funskool's not so bad, especially if you're going for army builders that are otherwise out of hand, price-wise... i've got about 10-15 funskool figures, only had problems with one (muskrat's arm was stuck in one position and a few months after i got him i finally got that arm unstuck but then the rivet popped out 20 minutes later)... for the most part i've had good luck with them, and so has my cousin normus, who's also a joe collector... he's actually got more funskools than me... at least we haven't had any thumbs break like most of the south american figures i've got :(

Merax
05-20-2005, 02:16 PM
Like almost everyone else, I have more than several FS figs that have been army built. I wanted a nice looking crew for a green camo NAC and the Night Vipers did the trick. CGIs make good looking swuads as well. There are plenty of them but you take a little bit of a chance when getting them. I've had a couple that fell apart in the package, a few that have broken at the elbow, etc, etc. At the price Smalljoes has them for though.. it's not a big deal to me. They look good, once you get all the joints unstuck they display well, and where else are you going to get a complete Night Viper or CGI for under 10$?:D

CGC
05-20-2005, 04:06 PM
Some are great, almost on par with Hasbro, others can be either rubbery or brittle - their QA doesn't seem to be very consistant. My experiance, if you're leaving them carded, using them for dio stories, or taking them apart for customs, probably 80-90% of them will be fine. If you want to play with them, it would be cheaper to spend the extra $ & buy Hasbro toys, if you're lucky, maybe 20% would make it through an afternoon with a normal kid. Good luck either way!

blackdragon
05-20-2005, 06:29 PM
i bought a funskool fang a while back. Its identical to the hasbro original and cheaper to get. The only thing bad is the stickers. The funskool stickers are SO HORRIBLE!. They're like cut pieces of paper with no glue on them. I have to get custom decals for it. Funskool is good for customizers or cheap army builders.

Michael
05-20-2005, 10:29 PM
where do you get funskool stuff nowdays? I don't know anyone that carries their stuff anymore
lmk
Michael

sinnister
05-20-2005, 11:28 PM
where do you get funskool stuff nowdays? I don't know anyone that carries their stuff anymore
lmk
Michael

www.smalljoes.com has around 60 or so figures. I was just poking around there today and saw them.

shmoomonkey
05-21-2005, 02:23 AM
... sure, their quality's a little subpar, but all the FS figs I've bought had minor defects (frozen joints that I unfroze, easily correctable paint mistakes, arms that came apart that I put back together with vise-grips) that were easy to set right. I'd get a few, and see for yourself.

sinnister
05-21-2005, 02:28 AM
I was looking at the wild weasel today on smalljoes. he comes with a pretty cool looking parachute.

BIGFAN
05-22-2005, 09:57 PM
www.gijoehq.com has a ton of funskool stuff if your still looking for any

ogre_h
05-25-2005, 09:30 AM
I have a bunch of funskool figs and vehicles. Desert Fox, Fang, Claw.

The figure quality is a crapshoot. Usually OK though. The biggest problems I've had are the poor paint jobs. The vehicles are nice, but like they said stickers are pathetic. But I painted them for customs so I didn't care.

Overall I've been pleased with being able to get some old sculpt figures and vehicles at less than E-Rape prices. They're also a good way to get custom fodder.

Cold Slither
05-25-2005, 05:31 PM
I just went and ordered CGI, WW, Night Viper, and TARGAT FS from smalljoes based on your guys comments, thanks! Desert scorpion looks kooky so I didnt get him, I mean, come on, the pants have to match the waist!

killjoy
05-31-2005, 04:06 AM
Are FUNSKOOL bootlegs or are they licensed?

phillinley
05-31-2005, 03:18 PM
Yes they are officially licensed. They've purchased the molds (at least on loan I think) from the original line of GI Joe figures. Pretty much everything is a straight repaint, I can't think of anything they've made that wasn't somehow a mold on a previously joe figure.

Cold Slither
06-01-2005, 04:58 PM
I just went and ordered CGI, WW, Night Viper, and TARGAT FS from smalljoes based on your guys comments, thanks! Desert scorpion looks kooky so I didnt get him, I mean, come on, the pants have to match the waist!

Hey, got them yesterday. Not bad! Some accessory colors dont make any sense. I really like the Night Viper. Most of his parts look just like the H'bro versions. I think I'll go order some more!

The Faceless Master
06-01-2005, 05:12 PM
Hey, got them yesterday. Not bad! Some accessory colors dont make any sense. I really like the Night Viper. Most of his parts look just like the H'bro versions. I think I'll go order some more!

Aww man, dont say that!! Now I'M gonna HAVE TO get me some
FS Night Vipers!! :mad: :p