Marvel GI JOE TPBs [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Marvel GI JOE TPBs

Elessar
05-24-2005, 11:57 PM
Anyone know if Marvel will get the rights back to publish more TPBs? Guess that's more of a rhetorical question, but I'd really like them to finish off the series.

Phil Kost
05-25-2005, 07:19 AM
Anyone know if Marvel will get the rights back to publish more TPBs? Guess that's more of a rhetorical question, but I'd really like them to finish off the series.

The answer to your question is probably no. Hasbro now owns all the rights to the original Marvel work. Currently there are no plans on TPBs coming back out, BUT it is not off the table. (according to reports I have read)

Phil

bane
05-25-2005, 07:48 PM
I can see everything being released with the GI joe movie on the horizon. patience

Duke34
05-26-2005, 04:36 PM
I wish that were true for the rest of the GI Joe cartoon....which we only got through Part 1 of Season 2.....:mad:

Chuplayer
05-26-2005, 09:38 PM
I wish that were true for the rest of the GI Joe cartoon....which we only got through Part 1 of Season 2.....:mad:

Have patience. It'll come.

Anyway, I think Marvel's done with the reprint TPBs due to poor sales and not simply because they lost the license. The sales of the first one were okay, but they steadily decreased over its run. The fifth and final one didn't sell well at all. They might've sold the rights of the entire series to Hasbro, but that's another issue altogether. It's a shame, too. I was looking forward to collecting a complete run of TPBs. But now I'm collecting backissues. I've got 51-80ish area.

There was talk of a big coffee table book that was supposed to collect the entire 155 issue series. That's right, it was all in one big freaking book. Somebody saw a prototype of it once. However, I think that was before even the first Marvel TPB came out in April 2002.

Elessar
05-27-2005, 05:51 PM
Rather unfortunate, but hopefully somewhere down the road we'll get the rest of the Marvel TBPs. Some of the later issues are hard to find so I don't think I'll be taking that route to complete the series.

Chuplayer
05-27-2005, 09:23 PM
Rather unfortunate, but hopefully somewhere down the road we'll get the rest of the Marvel TBPs. Some of the later issues are hard to find so I don't think I'll be taking that route to complete the series.

Regrettably, I'm taking that route. At least I picked up #153 when it came out back when I was like 8 years old. That's one less late issue to track down.

Elessar
05-27-2005, 09:35 PM
I've also been checking some of the prices on the net for the later issues and some are pretty high. With all the other comics and action-figure lines that I support, I just don't have much more cash to throw around. The TPBs would have been sweet!

Duke34
05-28-2005, 05:24 PM
So far I only have the first TPB that Marvel came out with with issues 1-10, I plan on picking up the other 4 so I at least have a third of the series.