scammer contest. [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : scammer contest.

bluebikerboy1
05-26-2005, 11:49 PM
ok first the story. im selling my ladies car for her. i get this email asking if the car is in good shape, runs, and if i will take a bank check. i respond its in great shape, no damage, and checks fine with me. well i got this reply

Hello,
Thanks for the e-mail,i do found the nearestshipping company which the will be reliable for the shipment,which they will be respond for the shipment in your place,also My client in the state will be issuing you sum of $10,000 the payment which covered forshipping company charges.as soon as the check delivered to you,while you deposit this in your bank,so that when the check clear you send the remaining funds to the shipper by the wiring tranfer points e.g Moneygram or WesternUnion.the rest so that they can come for the pick up in your place.Do let me know,immediately the check is delivered to you,notify me.i let you know with the further details(Your Full Name on check...... Address....City...State....Zipcode and your Phone Number....)so that the check for the payment can be mail out to you..also let me know when this delivered to you,notify me.i can be able to forward him this infos thecheck can be mail out to you.i look soonest to read your mail.
Regards.

heres the contest. ill run it till monday night.

the contest is the most creative response to this email. lets keep it clean. the winner gets a complete urban storm shadow. also gets the satisfaction of knowing there response is being sent back to this scammer. ok everyone let your creativer juices fly.

amphigory
05-27-2005, 12:19 AM
Dear sir,

this sounds fine. In order to complete the transaction, we will need to have papers notarized and set up transfer for overseas title. The bank will charge $200 for these services and I will need to have the money in advance to compplete the transaction. This money can only be paid via a postal money order. Please remit this payment as soon as possible. regards,

your name

then you collect the $200 from him free and clear. whoot!

Viper Commander
05-27-2005, 07:06 AM
ROFL... This is the funniest contest yet! Too bad I dont have any ideas for a response, but great concept! :D

viperlord
05-27-2005, 09:03 AM
Dear Sir,

I am sorry, but due to local laws regarding the shipment of motor vehicles, I can not ship the vehicle directly from here. However as the owner of Autofreight (We're one of the nations largest transporters of classic and collectible cars) I will be happy to ship the car anywhere in the country at my expense the moment your payment is recieved. However in order to circumvent local ordinances, my driver will require a C.O.D. payment upon delivery of the car. When the car arrives simply pay the driver the amount of the vehicle in full, plus a 10% shipping fee. The funds will then be electronically refunded to your account. This is the simplest method to ensure prompt and hassle free shipment of this wonderful vehicle.

Regards,

Neal1971nl
05-27-2005, 09:18 AM
Dear Yoda,

Me you think very much improve language English. Education system Dagobah better it is since eighties.

Agree very much idea of you. Clever with money are you. Mystery it is why never you work as accountant. Force little weak today, so sent you money me first. Tatooine transporter free of charge for car. Sandy inside little it is, bonnet inside small droid with broom. Banknumber me send when car shipping not.

May the Force be with you,

Abo Wan Kenobi

orionlukteel
05-27-2005, 09:22 AM
Dear sir (or madam),

It is obvious you know nothing of our ways.

In order to process such a large sum of money, you will need to forward the entire sum to my accountant, Louie "Fish Lips" O'Leary. This transmittal will need to be in unmarked bills, preferably in nonsequential order, in bills no larger than $5 face value. Please include a video (preferably date stamped) of you, your sister, your accountant, and your second grade teacher each counting the full sum by hand. The repeat the segment with your sister - she's hot.

Please understand that this money needs to be "laundered" - not that I think your money is filthy, but there are eyes watching this sale that would love to get a piece of this pie. The fewer people that know exactly how much money is involved, the better. Circumventing the IRS is CRITICAL - I cannot stress that enough.

Please inform your agent that he will not be needed. Any deviation from this procedure will void the sale. I trust you can read well enough to follow instructions to the letter.

I have already begun dismantling the vehicle for shipment. If you'd like, you can pay for this in 5 easy installments of $2000.00 (plus shipping), each payment in the same format described above. I will then ship one part each month until your vehicle is complete. If at any time you discover a part that is defective or unnecessary, simply return it at your cost.

Thank you for your understanding. I'd hate to have to pay you a visit.:rolleyes:

GBPackRat
05-27-2005, 12:00 PM
Dear Sir,

The vehicle is ready for pick up at your leisure. I accept cash or gold billion. Lets set up a meeting in the next few days.

My address is the following:

Immia Fool
1 Please Help Me Lane
Area 51, NV
USA

Thanks so much for buying the car,

Amanda Jus Robbedyu

red25thta
05-27-2005, 12:04 PM
Wait you said clean :( It's "clean" but it deals with a few bodies in the trunk and other parts in the engine (G)

orionlukteel
05-27-2005, 12:10 PM
1 Please Help Me Lane
Area 51, NV
USA

Hey- that's MY address!:mad:

:D;)

gunless
05-27-2005, 12:22 PM
how about something like this(dont click the bank account link until you've read the rest of the page):

http://netscientia.com/nigerian_email_scam.html

thorn
05-28-2005, 02:51 AM
oooooooo this is great! i cnat believe you got one of those guys on the line.

hmmmmm. ill have to think about this.
if we are successfull, we can post here this is a great stie=
http://www.419eater.com/html/trophy_room.htm

for starters, get guy to send you a photo of himself with a sign of some kind and mail that to you (i think they photoshop the signs that are on the site linked)

Viper Commander
05-28-2005, 03:53 PM
Oh man, to see a photo of the scammer would be awesome! LOL :D

bluebikerboy1
05-29-2005, 01:00 PM
keep them coming guys.

bluebikerboy1
05-31-2005, 04:16 PM
i took my 3 favorites and put them in a hat and let my kitty draw.

winner is orionlukteel congrats. pm me your addy and ill send it off.

CGC
05-31-2005, 04:36 PM
Looks like I was out of town for your contest, but my response might have been:

I'm sorry, but I do not think I can sell a car to an eight year old. I appreciate your interest, & wish you luck in your auto shopping, however, in future inquiries, I suggest that you have your mommy proof read your messages to make sure they make sense. Also, when asking for the type of information that you requested, you may want to get a mailing list from a mental hospital, otherwise you should probably not get your hopes too high in receiving this type of information. Good luck, & try to let up a little on the Jolt.

b1b_wso
06-08-2005, 12:52 PM
I had one of those when I sold my car on line, (well actually several of them) and here is what I said.

Hi, I would be more than happy to help you out with this situation. Please send the payment to me and I will process it as quickly as possible. Here is my address:
Lt. (fill in a real name here)
Federal Bureau of Investigation
Internet Fraud Division
(address)

these people are such idiots, but there are bigger idiots out there who actually believe them and send them cash!

Angry Beef
06-23-2005, 04:53 PM
man.... I had a great one too.