View Full Version : Memorial Day Honor those who gave their lives for our freedom....

Snake-eyes01
05-30-2005, 12:55 PM
Today really is a special day, my father was in the Military & was one of the lucky ones who made it back safely from Vietnam. I'd like to just say a special thanks to all those who put their lives on the line every day & also, more importantly to honor those who gave their lives for our freedom. As we go out today & have a good time, let's not forget what this day means to us all & the sacrifice MANY made for our freedom.

GungHo
05-30-2005, 01:22 PM
Excellent post man....... I too would like to thank our veterans......those alive...and those that weren't so fortunate to make it.

Cavalry Man
05-30-2005, 01:43 PM
I too would like to say thanks to everyone who gave their lives and to those who are still serving. My father also did serve in Vietnam for one tour and made it back. He was a career military man of 28 years. He passed away a few years back from cancer and now rests in Arlington National Cemetary. Thanks dad. Also to those who are nowing serving at home and abroad. My brother and many friends I have made when I was in the Guard.

I hope for a day when all the soilders of the world can lay down their weapons and never fight again. A good soilder prepares for battle, but prays for peace.

bluebikerboy1
05-30-2005, 01:53 PM
uncle dale windale

served in ww2, korean war, and vieatnam war,
agent orange finaly got him about 6 yrs ago. he was a highly decorated marine. he is still remembered.

whitedalek
05-30-2005, 02:34 PM
God bless our men and women in uniform. They deserve all the appreciation we can give them.

SoulcatcherX
05-30-2005, 03:24 PM
Thank you.

It can not be said enough.

Viper Commander
05-30-2005, 05:58 PM
Excellent post, sorry I dont have much else to add. I just want to say thanks too.

cobraferret
05-30-2005, 06:38 PM
Great Great Great Grandfather Union Civil War Commended by Abraham Lincoln
Great Grandfather (family immigrated from germany)WW1 Army fought Germany overseas.
Great Uncle-army airforce Korea
Great Aunt WW2 W.A.C.S.
1st Grandfather WW2 B-25 J Mitchell mechanic.SSGT.Army Airforce.(It's good that we now are his caregivers,I love him and we get to give him something back)
2nd Grandfather (don't really know him that well)Marines had clean-up detail at Nagasaki and Hiroshima.
Thanks to both of you and to the many brave men and women of the United States Armed Forces.Our Prayers are with you.