Cardback Submission Thread--Check Here For Updates [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Cardback Submission Thread--Check Here For Updates

dmooretoys
06-01-2005, 12:33 AM
OK, the shell for the cardback archive is being created and will be finished today or tomorrow. One thing we want to do is fill it up a little bit before it goes "live." Having said that, I need you guys to submits scans so we can get it filled up. I would prefer scans to pictures please so we can get the best possible images.

HERE IS WHAT WE NEED:
--any and all cardbacks from 1982-1994 (ALL VARIATIONS to include redbacks, explosion backs, peach, gray, etc);

--1995 SGT Savage cardbacks (that's right, we are going to even have those because at least three people collect them!);

--1997-98 3-pack cardbacks (these will be tough because they are so big; I have the Oktober Guard 3-pack cardback and I will probably take it to kinko's because my scanner is too small)

--all 2-packs to include Ultimate Enemies, Nightforce, Battleforce 2000, etc.

Please submit your scans to me at: [email protected]

What I will do is post what has already been added to this thread so I don't get several scans of the same item. Also, please submit your best possible pieces with minimal tears etc. What I plan to do is get some of the items in there for now and if someone has a better card they can submit it and I will add it. PLEASE DON'T GET OFFENDED IF YOUR IMAGE GETS REPLACED WITH A BETTER ONE--YOU WILL STILL BE CREDITED FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTION!!!!! We really do want this to have the best images possible.

A couple of my cardbacks are too bad to add but the others I will go ahead and get in there. I have two items that are MOC that I am going to add because they are fairly rare and I am not about to rip the bubbles off the cards. The items I am talking about are a 1983 Grunt Explosion Back MOC and a 1986 Accessory Pack #5 Explosion Back MOC--I really want to get these in the archives!

As far as redbacks if you have something that is on a bubble like a 1982 Snake Eyes from one of the Sears sets obviously it is very rare and we would love to have it. Please just scan the filecard and submit a picture of the front just so we can see each side of it for "verification" purposes. You know how it is, it is easier to believe it came like that if you can actually see it!

OK, here is the list of cardbacks I will start with the archive off with, and as I get submissions I will update this thread (at least until we get enough to make it "live" where everyone can see it):

1982 Breaker 9-Back
1982 Grunt 9-Back
1982 Snake Eyes 9-Back
1982 Short-Fuze 9-Back

1982 Snake Eyes 11-Back
1982 Zap 11-Back
1982 Cobra Officer 11-Back (Unpunched, beautiful back but front has bubble damage)

1983 Grunt Explosion Back (MOC; opened cardback still needed)

1986 Wet-Suit (Body Transfer, 36-Back)

1987 Gung-Ho (Dress Blues, Fridge Offer, 34-Back)
1987 Accessory Pack #5 Explosion Back (MOC; opened cardback still needed)

1998 Oktober Guard 3-Pack (If I can get it scanned--it's big)

That's about it for me as I am primarily a MOC collector. I am now on the lookout for cardbacks and as I pick them up I will add more. I actually have more Canadian cardbacks than I do U.S. ones!

Once again, if you dont see it on the list we need it. Submit scans to: [email protected]

Dan

dmooretoys
06-01-2005, 01:27 AM
By the way, when I mentioned all variations from 1982-94 I also want the different promotions like the Fridge, Body Transfers, Cobra Commander offer, etc.

Finally, let's not forget the different G.I. Joe logos either. This is going to be a lot of work but I want to make it as complete as possible.

Maybe when this is finished we'll finally have a better idea of what is out there.

Dan

Druss
06-01-2005, 07:16 AM
Any preferences on file format or size of the file? Would you rather a large file so you can then crop & resize as necessary?

I have a number of MOSC figures as well, on those I could obviously only scan the back, would that be of any use?

thunt4
06-01-2005, 08:00 AM
Are you trying to get every single variation? What I am getting at is I have several mocs that have different offers on the front which if you want to get tchnical it makes it a variation. You looking for different fronts too?

dmooretoys
06-01-2005, 09:52 AM
I would primarily like to get cardbacks that aren't MOC so if we just add the scan of the back people won't later ask, "what variation front did that have, was it a body transfer front or just a regular front?"

I know this is going to be hard but otherwise it may just become a MOC archive and that is what I am trying to avoid. If we can't come up with enough cardbacks we may have to add the pictures of the fronts of MOC figures and later replace them but I would like to have the same front and back together so we don't end up getting them mixed up. Obviously, MIB redbacks are the exception to this--don't open them, just take a picture of the front for verification.

As far as the front of the cards, yes, I want to get all variations in there to include all offers on the front. I really want this to be totally complete or as close as possible.

Dan

cobraferret
06-01-2005, 10:02 AM
TRU Arctic Mission 1997 3-Pack Cardback
Have a great day

Druss
06-01-2005, 10:07 AM
Understood! And that really makes perfect sense, for this to work right you need to be able to identify which front goes with which back and if you start to mix and match then it all goes out the window. As I had previously I know a regular poster on here who has a full set of cardbacks up to the early 90's, all very good examples as I now have some of the dupes or ones he replaced with better ones and even those are nice. I will point him to this thread and he may be able to help out.

On Redbacks and the sort, I submitted this a number of years ago, should I resubmit to you? I don't recall for sure if its a redback but it would be easy for me to verify.

http://www.yojoe.com/archive/unknown/scarlettfilecard.shtml

thunt4
06-01-2005, 11:11 AM
I have a question for the redbacks do I have to do single photos at a time or can i put like 8 on my scanner and you crop them out?

Ann G
06-01-2005, 12:27 PM
I have some of the sgt savage cardbacks if you still need those

dmooretoys
06-01-2005, 05:04 PM
Any preferences on file format or size of the file? Would you rather a large file so you can then crop & resize as necessary?

I have a number of MOSC figures as well, on those I could obviously only scan the back, would that be of any use?
If possible please submit large jpeg images. I will downsize them as needed but they get distorted when you blow them up.

Dan

dmooretoys
06-01-2005, 05:06 PM
I have a question for the redbacks do I have to do single photos at a time or can i put like 8 on my scanner and you crop them out?
Try to submit 8 at once and I will let you know if it doesn't work out. I should be able to crop them--I just want to make sure they are readable.

Dan

dmooretoys
06-01-2005, 05:07 PM
I have some of the sgt savage cardbacks if you still need those
Ann,

I will take them! Just send them to me in an email.

Dan

dmooretoys
06-01-2005, 05:11 PM
OK, thanks for the submissions I have received so far! Tonight I will update the list and post what I received so far.

Quick question for you: what is the real purpose
of this archive? What I mean is, I primarily thought
we would only have cardbacks without bubbles in the
archive (bagged and bubbled redbacks being the
exception) so we could have very easy to see and large
images. So far, I pretty much have only gotten MOC
examples and some of them are not as big as I would
like. If this is just for information purposes then
any MOC figures would be OK but I was thinking
cardbacks that were already opened. What do you think?

It would probably be easier to find some of these
variations MOC than on an opened cardback. Bottom line
is I want pics/scans of all the card variations and it
looks like most people are going to submit MOC
examples...

I think what I will do is list the MOC examples and put next to it that I would still like to have full-size scans of the cardbacks if anyone has them. Then what I will do is just add the cardbacks to the page later (for a total or four images between the MOC and the cardback).

Dan

dmooretoys
06-01-2005, 05:37 PM
One last thing, please submit large scans/pics and please include both front and back photos. I just want to make sure we don't get the cards mixed up so please submit both the front and back together.

Dan

jabba the drunk
06-01-2005, 08:16 PM
Dan,

I'm betting someone already probably provided you with this link. It's Dan Flarida's and Ron Salvatore's Star Wars cardback list on Toysrgus.com.

It might be helpful, or at least give you an idea of what others have done when listing cardback versions. :)

Here's the link:

http://www.toysrgus.com/images-speci/cardbacks/

-Peter

dmooretoys
06-01-2005, 11:11 PM
Dan,

I'm betting someone already probably provided you with this link. It's Dan Flarida's and Ron Salvatore's Star Wars cardback list on Toysrgus.com.

It might be helpful, or at least give you an idea of what others have done when listing cardback versions. :)

Here's the link:

http://www.toysrgus.com/images-speci/cardbacks/

-Peter
Peter, you're helpful as always! This is exactly the sort of thing I envision for our cardback archive but ours will be a little trickier in that people are interested in the fronts as well because of the different logos and offers on the fronts of the cards.

I primarily wanted cardbacks but most all of the submissions I have received so far are MOC so I will go ahead and start with them. Later as I receive submissions of opened cardbacks I can add those as well.

Here is an example of how I would like to get a submission (of course it will be a little bigger on the page--yahoo shrinks it down a little):

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dmooretoys/detail?.dir=a4aa&.dnm=d7c1.jpg&.src=ph

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dmooretoys/detail?.dir=a4aa&.dnm=e03a.jpg&.src=ph

I really want the backs to be as readable as possible so please guys send the largest scans/pics possible and I can always shrink them if I need to.

Dan

dmooretoys
06-01-2005, 11:13 PM
One other important note--please let me know how you want to be credited for your submission. At the bottom of the page what do you want it to say after, "From the collection of..."

Dan

dmooretoys
06-02-2005, 01:26 AM
OK, here is an updated list of submissions to date, and please note that for the MOC examples I would like scans of just the cardbacks later if anyone has them:

1982 Breaker 9-Back
1982 Grunt 9-Back
1982 Snake Eyes 9-Back
1982 Short-Fuze 9-Back

1982 Snake Eyes 11-Back
1982 Zap 11-Back
1982 Cobra Officer 11-Back (Unpunched, beautiful back but front has bubble damage)

1983 Cobra Commander Explosion Back (MOC)
1983 Doc (MOC, 20-Back, Peach)
1983 Grunt Explosion Back (MOC)
1983 Snake Eyes Explosion Back (MOC)

1984 Recondo (MOC, 32-Back, Peach)
1984 Roadblock (Redback)

1987 Crystal Ball
1987 Accessory Pack #5 Explosion Back (MOC)

1995 SGT Savage (Several Different)

1997 Arctic Mission Team

Druss
06-02-2005, 07:00 AM
To answer your quesiton above I also assumed it was a bubble free archive. I can understand in some instances there may not be a loose card only example of a given variant but for most I would rather see the full card without the figure still being sealed.

cobraferret
06-02-2005, 07:08 AM
One other important note--please let me know how you want to be credited for your submission. At the bottom of the page what do you want it to say after, "From the collection of..."

Dan
I submitted the TRU 1997 Arctic Mission Team Cardback.
I would like it to say "From the collection of cobraferrret( J.E.)."
Thanks,
cobraferret

gutstheberserker
06-02-2005, 09:13 AM
OK, here is an updated list of submissions to date, and please note that for the MOC examples I would like scans of just the cardbacks later if anyone has them:

Will the scans of the AFAs work ok?

Ann G
06-02-2005, 10:13 AM
Dan...did you get mine and were they usable...I can send again...I am a little new at my scanning program.

dmooretoys
06-02-2005, 10:52 PM
Updated list of received scans:

1982 Breaker 9-Back
1982 Grunt 9-Back
1982 Snake Eyes 9-Back
1982 Short-Fuze 9-Back

1982 Snake Eyes 11-Back
1982 Zap 11-Back

1983 Cobra Commander Explosion Back (MOC)
1983 Doc (MOC, 20-Back, Peach)
1983 Grunt Explosion Back (MOC)
1983 Snake Eyes Explosion Back (MOC)

1984 Recondo (MOC, 32-Back, Peach)
1984 Roadblock (Redback)

1987 Crystal Ball
1987 Accessory Pack #5 Explosion Back (MOC)

1995 Commando Sgt Savage
1995 Dynamite
1995 General Blitz
1995 Urban Attack Dynamite

1997 Arctic Mission Team

dmooretoys
06-02-2005, 11:13 PM
Dan...did you get mine and were they usable...I can send again...I am a little new at my scanning program.
Ann,

Thanks for your submissions! I do need the front of General Blitz and the backs of all of them again, if you can. General Blitz was omitted and the backs of the cards were cut off on the top and right side as you look at them.

Again, thanks for your help, and you are the first to submit anything for the 1995 section (I was afraid that section would be tough to fill since most people on the boards tend to ignore Savage, Extreme, etc).

Dan

thunt4
06-03-2005, 11:22 AM
sent you some more today, It would have been more but my power keeps going out

dmooretoys
06-03-2005, 12:43 PM
sent you some more today, It would have been more but my power keeps going out
The pics for these are awesome! I will update the list tonight. Thanks!

Dan

dmooretoys
06-04-2005, 08:06 PM
Here are some guidelines for image submissions (thanks robot rabbit):

--Resolution 72 dpi
--JPG file format
--Cropped as close to the edges as possible
--Please make scans as straight as possible

I will update the list tonight because I'm getting a ton of submissions today. Thanks to everyone taking the time to help make this happen.

Dan

dmooretoys
06-04-2005, 11:24 PM
You know, sometimes I meet a collector that makes really me glad I'm in this hobby. One of those collectors is a member of this board--bigklop (Mike). Mike really wants to contribute to this cardback archive and has a lot of loose cardbacks. The problem is he doesn't have a scanner so he has volunteered to send me his collection IN THE MAIL so I can scan them and get them in the archives! I'm posting this for two reasons--one, to thank him for his willingness to help, and two, to let everyone know he is doing this for his peace of mind.

It would be very hard to send an expensive and unique collection like that through the mail to someone you don't really know but Mike has volunteered to do it. I just want to post this here so everyone on the board knows he is doing this so later if there is a problem this information is public knowledge. I know I am honest but I just want to put this out there so now my reputation is at stake and both Mike and I will feel better about it. Don't worry the package(s) will definitely be insured!

Thanks again, Mike for doing this and helping out the community. It is collectors like you that make me want to lose sleep filling up a cardback archive!

Dan

dmooretoys
06-04-2005, 11:30 PM
Just so everyone knows how I handle the dates on the cardbacks, if a Buzzer cardback has a date of 1985 but has the 1986 figures on it I will put it in the 1986 section. It's the same for the Swivel-Arm figures from the 2nd series that are dated 1982--I will actually put them in the 1983 section.

As far as the redbacks I just use the date that is on the filecard.

If anyone sees errors on the list whether it is a date or whatever just let me know.

Dan

dmooretoys
06-05-2005, 12:34 AM
OK, here is the huge updated list, and please note the redbacks are listed by the date on the filecards although the actual date available through Hasbro Direct was later (also please let me know if you see mistakes):

Breaker 9-back
Cobra Officer 11-back(bubble damage on front)
Grunt 9-back
Snake Eyes 9-back
Short-Fuze 9-back
Snake Eyes 11-back
Zap 11-back

Airborne (redback)
Cobra Commander Explosion Back (MOC)
Cobra Officer (redback)
Doc 20-back, peach (MOC)
Grunt Explosion Back (MOC)
Grunt (redback)
Major Bludd 20-back, peach
Major Bludd (redback)
Snake Eyes Explosion Back (MOC)

Accessory Pack #2 32-back
Blowtorch (redback)
Cobra Soldier (redback)
Doc 32-back, peach
Grand Slam (redback)
Recondo 32-back, peach (MOC)
Ripcord 32-back, peach
Ripcord (redback)
Roadblock (redback)
Snowjob (redback)
Zap 32-back, peach

Bazooka 34-back, peach
Buzzer 34-back, peach
Crimson Guard gray
Crimson Guard (redback)
Eels 34-back, peach
Eels (redback)
Televiper 34-back, peach (Triple Win Offer)
Starduster (redback)

Crimson Guard 36-back, Body Transfer Offer
Dial Tone
Dr. Mindbender
Eels 36-back, gray
Low-Light
Mainframe
Wet-Suit 36-back, Body Transfer Offer
Zarana

Accessory Pack #5 Explosion Back
Avalanche & Blocker 2-pack
Crystal Ball (MOC)
Crystal Ball (Fridge offer on front)
Falcon (Fridge offer on front)
Fast Draw (instructions intact!)
Gung Ho Dress Blues (Fridge Offer, 34-back)
Gung-Ho Dress Blues (Free Battle Ribbon offer on front)
Raptor
Tunnel Rat (Free Battle Ribbon offer on front)
Vehicle Gear Accessory Pack #1

Bazooka (redback, black border)
Budo
Charbroil (Super Trooper offer on front)
Hydro-Viper (Super Trooper offer on front)
Iron Grenadiers
Repeater (Super Trooper offer on front)
Spearhead & Max (Free micro figure)
Steeler (redback)
Storm Shadow (Super Trooper offer on front)
Tiger Force Lifeline
Tiger Force Roadblock
Tiger Force Tripwire

Dee-Jay
Downtown
Night Viper
T.A.R.G.A.T. (Free camouflage)

Ambush
Free Fall
Metal Head
Pathfinder
Range Vipers
Rock Viper (Free command ring)
Topside (Free command ring)

Red Star

Big Bear
Gung Ho
Nunchuk (Ninja Force)

Astro Viper
Backblast
Banzai (Ninja Force)
Barricade
Bazooka
Beach Head
Bullet Proof
Cobra Commander
Colonel Courage
Frostbite
Gristle
Guile (Street Fighter)
Keel Haul
Leatherneck
Mace
Muskrat
Night Creeper (Ninja Force)
Ryu (Street Fighter)
Snake Eyes (Ninja Force)
Scarlett (Ninja Force)
Zartan (Ninja Force)

Robo-J.O.E.
Storm Shadow (Shadow Ninjas)
Action Sailor (box front & back)
Action Soldier (box front)
Action Marine (box front & back)
Action Pilot

Commando Sgt Savage
Dynamite
General Blitz
Urban Attack Dynamite

Arctic Mission Team

Oktober Guard

AVAC
06-05-2005, 02:05 AM
I sent some scans your way. I hope you are able to use them.

dmooretoys
06-05-2005, 02:45 AM
I sent some scans your way. I hope you are able to use them.
Thanks! I added the Tele-Viper to the list. That is a very nice Ninja Ku cardback but I can't even think about branching out into the International cardbacks--I'm already swamped as it is!

Thanks again!

Dan

dmooretoys
06-05-2005, 02:57 AM
OK, guys--time for some feedback. I have had high-speed internet for a while now and I forgot what it was like before the good times came!

Anyway, my original idea was to have both the front and back images on one page. I realize this may make it difficult for people with dial-up because these are rather large images. My idea was not to split the images up because I don't want people to be confused which front goes with which back, etc.

I am going to provide a few sample pages here for you guys to see and give me some feedback. These image pages are going to be very simple because I want to create a lot of them quickly. Descriptions of what a red back is, variations, etc will be discussed on the index page(s).

Check out these links and let me know what you think:

http://yojoe.com/cardback/explosion/ccexplosionback.shtml

http://yojoe.com/cardback/redbacks/roadredback.shtml

http://yojoe.com/cardback/82/se11back.shtml

I thought about including the year in the title but that might be confusing to the casual observer. They would probably be wondering why a swivel-arm figure's card is dated 1982 but it is included with the 1983 figures, etc.

Dan

keg_daddy
06-05-2005, 03:18 AM
They look great! Nice big easily viewable pics.

dmooretoys
06-05-2005, 04:22 AM
More examples--the rest of the 82s on the list:

http://yojoe.com/cardback/82/breaker9back.shtml

http://yojoe.com/cardback/82/cobraofficer11back.shtml

http://yojoe.com/cardback/82/grunt9back.shtml

http://yojoe.com/cardback/82/se9back.shtml

http://yojoe.com/cardback/82/shortfuze9back.shtml

http://yojoe.com/cardback/82/zap11back.shtml

What I really need to know is, is this format OK? Dial-up members speak up! Do I need to change it to one image per page instead of two?

One other thing, if anyone has a better cardback than one of the ones pictured please submit it and I will replace the one in the archives. BOTH contributors will be credited for their submissions. The only stipulation is that whatever you send in has to be both the front and back of the card because in order for this to be a factual database there can be no mixing and matching of the images.

And miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.....

Dan

bigklop
06-05-2005, 06:38 AM
not a problem Dan, thanks for the mention!!! I'll go over what you have today, and give you a list of what I'm sending. should be later on tonight. it's gonna be a BIG list:)

Mike

You know, sometimes I meet a collector that makes really me glad I'm in this hobby. One of those collectors is a member of this board--bigklop (Mike). Mike really wants to contribute to this cardback archive and has a lot of loose cardbacks. The problem is he doesn't have a scanner so he has volunteered to send me his collection IN THE MAIL so I can scan them and get them in the archives! I'm posting this for two reasons--one, to thank him for his willingness to help, and two, to let everyone know he is doing this for his peace of mind.

It would be very hard to send an expensive and unique collection like that through the mail to someone you don't really know but Mike has volunteered to do it. I just want to post this here so everyone on the board knows he is doing this so later if there is a problem this information is public knowledge. I know I am honest but I just want to put this out there so now my reputation is at stake and both Mike and I will feel better about it. Don't worry the package(s) will definitely be insured!

Thanks again, Mike for doing this and helping out the community. It is collectors like you that make me want to lose sleep filling up a cardback archive!

Dan

danielmd06
06-05-2005, 08:27 AM
Those pictures all look fabulous Dan. You are doing a spectacularly good job. Thanks to all others who are participating as well.

dmooretoys
06-05-2005, 10:28 AM
Those pictures all look fabulous Dan. You are doing a spectacularly good job. Thanks to all others who are participating as well.
Thanks, Daniel! That is a beautiful Cobra Commander Explosion Back you sent in so I used it as one of the examples in my first post.

I forgot to get back to you after your last PM (I've been getting a ton of PMs and emails) but what I am asking the MOC collectors to do is kind of wait and see what the loose cardback collectors are sending in and then fill in the gaps. Some of the rare pieces like the Explosion Backs you sent in are probably only going to be available as MOC and that is fine as long as we get good pictures.

I should finish your Snake Eyes Explosion Back today--I'm starting with 1982 and going forward through time...

dmooretoys
06-05-2005, 10:32 AM
Again, is everyone OK with the format? I would hate to make a few hundred pages and have to change them.

With Mike's (bigklop) additions to the list we will have over 200 submissions to date and that is a lot of corrections if I have to switch to one image per page so Dial-Up users speak up and let me know.

Dan

danielmd06
06-05-2005, 11:31 AM
Absolutely no problem on witholding MOC and waiting for pure cardbacks Dan. Once more everything looks fantastic! Thanks for doing this.

AVAC
06-05-2005, 06:14 PM
I think the layout looks great. Keep up the good work!

dmooretoys
06-05-2005, 08:10 PM
OK, here is an updated list with what Mike (bigklop) is mailing out to me:

Breaker 9-back
Breaker 11-back
Cobra Officer 11-back(bubble damage on front)
Flash 11-back
Grunt 9-back
Rock 'N' Roll 11-back
Scarlett 11-back
Snake Eyes 9-back
Short-Fuze 9-back
Short-Fuze 11-back
Snake Eyes 11-back
Zap 9-back (Cobra Commander Promo)
Zap 11-back

Accessory Pack #1
Airborne 20-back
Airborne (redback)
Cobra Commander Explosion Back (MOC)
Cobra Officer (redback)
Doc 20-back, peach (MOC)
Grunt Explosion Back (MOC)
Grunt (redback)
Gung Ho 20-back
Major Bludd 20-back, peach
Major Bludd (redback)
Snake Eyes Explosion Back (MOC)
Snow Job 20-back
Torpedo 20-back

Accessory Pack #2 32-back
Baroness peach
Blowtorch peach
Blowtorch (redback)
Cobra Commander 32-back
Cobra Soldier 32-back
Cobra Soldier (redback)
Destro 32-back
Doc 32-back, peach
Duke peach
Firefly peach
Grand Slam (redback)
Grunt 32-back
Major Bludd 32-back
Mutt peach
Recondo peach
Recondo 32-back, peach (MOC)
Ripcord 32-back, peach
Ripcord (redback)
Roadblock peach
Roadblock (redback)
Scrap Iron peach
Snowjob (redback)
Spirit peach
Storm Shadow peach
Tripwire 32-back
Zap 32-back, peach

Accessory Pack #5
Airtight peach
Alpine peach
Barbecue peach
Bazooka 34-back, peach
Buzzer 34-back, peach
Crimson Guard gray
Crimson Guard peach
Crimson Guard (redback)
Dusty peach (missing flag points)
Eels 34-back, peach
Eels (redback)
Flint peach
Footloose peach
Lady Jaye peach
Quick Kick peach
Ripper peach (missing flag points)
Shipwreck peach
Snake Eyes gray
Snow Serpent peach
Starduster (redback)
Televiper 34-back, peach (Triple Win Offer)
Torch peach

Accessory Pack #4 (Cobra Battle Gear)
B.A.T.S.
Beach Head
Crimson Guard 36-back, Body Transfer Offer
Dial Tone
Dr. Mindbender
Eels 36-back, gray
Hawk
Iceberg
Leatherneck
Lifeline
Low-Light
Mainframe
Monkeywrench
Roadblock
Sci-Fi
Vipers
Wet-Suit 36-back, (Body Transfer Offer)
Wet-Suit (Sgt Slaughter Offer)
Zandar
Zarana

Accessory Pack #5 Explosion Back
Battleforce 2000 Blaster
Battleforce 2000 Blocker
Battleforce 2000 Dodger
Battleforce 2000 Knockdown
Battleforce 2000 Maverick (heavy wear)
Big Boa
Chuckles
Cobra Action Pack Earth Borer
Cobra Commander
Crazylegs
Croc Master
Crystal Ball
Crystal Ball (MOC)
Crystal Ball (Fridge offer on front)
Falcon
Falcon (Fridge offer on front)
Fast Draw (instructions intact!)
Gung Ho Dress Blues (Fridge Offer, 34-back)
Gung-Ho Dress Blues (Free Battle Ribbon offer on front)
Jinx
Law & Order
Outback
Psyche-Out
Raptor
Sneak Peek
Techno-Viper
Tunnel Rat (Fridge Offer)
Tunnel Rat (Free Battle Ribbon offer on front)
Vehicle Gear Accessory Pack #1

Astro-Viper
Battleforce 2000 Avalanche & Blaster 2-pack
Battleforce 2000 Knockdown & Dodger 2-pack
Bazooka (redback, black border)
Blizzard
Budo
Charbroil (Super Trooper offer on front)
Cobra Vehicle Pack Rocket Sled
Hardball
Hit & Run
Hydro-Viper (Super Trooper offer on front)
Iron Grenadiers
Lightfoot
Muskrat
Python Patrol Copperhead
Python Patrol Crimson Guard
Python Patrol Officer
Python Patrol Tele-Viper
Python Patrol Trooper
Python Patrol Viper
Repeater
Repeater (Super Trooper offer on front)
Roadpig
Shockwave
Spearhead & Max
Spearhead & Max (Free micro figure)
Steeler (redback)
Storm Shadow
Storm Shadow (Super Trooper offer on front)
Tiger Force Bazooka
Tiger Force Duke
Tiger Force Dusty
Tiger Force Flint
Tiger Force Lifeline
Tiger Force Roadblock
Tiger Force Tripwire
Toxo-Viper
Voltar

Alley-Viper
Annihilator
Backblast
Countdown
Dee-Jay
Deep Six
Downtown
Frag-Viper
Gnawgahyde
H.E.A.T. Viper
Night Viper
Recoil
Rock 'N' Roll
Scoop
Slaughter's Marauders Barbecue
Slaughter's Marauders Footloose
Slaughter's Marauders Low-Light
Slaughter's Marauders Mutt
Slaughter's Marauders Sgt Slaughter
Slaughter's Marauders Spirit
Snake Eyes
Stalker
T.A.R.G.A.T.
T.A.R.G.A.T. (Free camouflage)

Ambush
Bullhorn
Capt. Grid-Iron
Eco Warriors Clean-Sweep
Eco Warriors Flint (heavy wear)
Eco Warriors Ozone
Free Fall
Laser-Viper
Metal Head
Night Creeper
Pathfinder
Rampart
Range Vipers
Rapid Fire (VHS tape card)
Rock Viper (Combat Pay promo)
Rock Viper (Free command ring)
Salvo
Saw-Viper
Sky Patrol Airborne
Sky Patrol Airwave
Sky Patrol Altitude
Sky Patrol Drop Zone
Sky Patrol Skydive
Sky Patrol Static Line (heavy wear)
Stretcher
Subzero
Topside (Free command ring)
Undertow

B.A.T.
Big Ben
Cobra Commander
Crimson Guard Immortal
Desert Scorpion
Dusty & Sandstorm
Eco Warriors Barbecue
General Hawk
Grunt (heavy wear)
Heavy Duty
Incinerators
Lowlight
Mercer (heavy wear)
Red Star
Sci-Fi
Snake Eyes
Snow Serpent
Tracker

Barricade
Big Bear
D.E.F. Bullet-Proof
D.E.F. Cutter
D.E.F. Headhunters
D.E.F. Headman
D.E.F. Mutt
D.E.F. Shockwave
Destro
Duke
Eels (heavy wear)
Firefly
Flak-Viper (heavy wear)
General Flagg
Gung Ho
Nunchuk (Ninja Force)
Wet-Suit
Wild Bill

Astro Viper
Backblast
Banzai (Ninja Force)
Barricade
Bazooka
Beach Head
Bullet Proof
Cobra Commander
Colonel Courage
Frostbite
Gristle
Guile (Street Fighter)
Keel Haul
Leatherneck
Mace
Muskrat
Night Creeper (Ninja Force)
Ryu (Street Fighter)
Snake Eyes (Ninja Force)
Scarlett (Ninja Force)
Zartan (Ninja Force)

Robo-J.O.E.
Storm Shadow (Shadow Ninjas)
Action Sailor (box front & back)
Action Soldier (box front)
Action Marine (box front & back)
Action Pilot

1993/94 Battle Corps (I won't know which card version these are until I get them in the mail)
Beach Head
Dial-Tone
Lifeline
Major Bludd
Metal Head
Roadblock
Viper

Commando Sgt Savage
Dynamite
General Blitz
Urban Attack Dynamite

Arctic Mission Team

Oktober Guard

This is a huge list so keep in mind this could take a little while!

Dan

dmooretoys
06-05-2005, 08:11 PM
I have no doubt that some dates on the above list are wrong. I wish the dates on the cards always matched the dates of the releases. I'll get them sorted out.

Dan

cobraferret
06-05-2005, 09:57 PM
I thought I already gave you a 1997 arctic mission team cardback?

dmooretoys
06-05-2005, 10:33 PM
I thought I already gave you a 1997 arctic mission team cardback?
You did--it's on the list! The ones on the list are the ones people have already or are in the process of contributing. Thanks for your help.

Dan

dmooretoys
06-05-2005, 10:39 PM
It's been a redback type of day:

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/redbacks/ripcordredback.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/redbacks/snowjobredback.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/redbacks/crimsonguardredback.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/redbacks/eelsredback.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/redbacks/stardusterredback.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/redbacks/bazookaredback.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/redbacks/steelerredback.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/redbacks/grandslamredback.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/redbacks/cobraredback.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/redbacks/blowtorchredback.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/redbacks/majorbluddredback.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/redbacks/gruntredback.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/redbacks/officerredback.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/redbacks/airborneredback.shtml

I'll just keep the same format unless the large images are a problem for people with dial-up internet connections.

Thanks Brian (thunt4) for the images!

Dan

thunt4
06-05-2005, 11:14 PM
I actually hooked up an old computer that is 56k but a lot older model so its really slow and the images still loaded pretty fast for dial up. Its only like 5-8 seconds for them so thats not bad at all considering the size. I think keeping them double is the way to go.I like the format also. I still have a lot more redbacks and I also have all the night force so I can take pics of those. I will email you in the morning. DOing a great job by the way and I am sure everyone will agree!!!!

bigjohnwoo
06-06-2005, 07:57 AM
Take a deep breath, Dan...

Cause you've got a loooong way to go. I spent just about all yesterday on it, and finally, I think I've come up with a comprehensive list of all cardbacks and variations from 1982-1994. By my count (with all the special offers included) there are 951 unique cardbacks (not including Redbacks).

And counting filecard variations and character name respellings there are another 25-35 more (not as sure about this number - I don't know if both Major Bludd poems appear on both the 20-Back and 32-Back cards, for instance)

This is a link to a spreadsheet listing them all:

http://home.ripway.com/2005-6/322045/cardbacks.xls
Alternate: http://host.picturewizard.com/2005-6/322045/cardbacks.xls

You can check them off as they're acquired to keep track of your process. Or if you want to involve me further in this, I can check back in occasionally with this thread, shade the cells of the cards obtained, and update the excel file. That way everyone will see what's still needed.

-Zach (awaiting some major kudos)

Note: This sheet does not include carded accessories like weapons/action packs.

Also: Let me know if anyone sees any omissions or errors.

dmooretoys
06-06-2005, 09:00 AM
Take a deep breath, Dan...

Cause you've got a loooong way to go. I spent just about all yesterday on it, and finally, I think I've come up with a comprehensive list of all cardbacks and variations from 1982-1994. By my count (with all the special offers included) there are 951 unique cardbacks (not including Redbacks).

And counting filecard variations and character name respellings there are another 25-35 more (not as sure about this number - I don't know if both Major Bludd poems appear on both the 20-Back and 32-Back cards, for instance)

This is a link to a spreadsheet listing them all:

http://home.ripway.com/2005-6/322045/cardbacks.xls
Alternate: http://host.picturewizard.com/2005-6/322045/cardbacks.xls

You can check them off as they're acquired to keep track of your process. Or if you want to involve me further in this, I can check back in occasionally with this thread, shade the cells of the cards obtained, and update the excel file. That way everyone will see what's still needed.

-Zach (awaiting some major kudos)

Note: This sheet does not include carded accessories like weapons/action packs.

Also: Let me know if anyone sees any omissions or errors.
Wow! Thanks, Zach for going above and beyond the call.

For those who don't know I asked Zach to come up with a list of variations so I could mention them on the "Variations" page. What I expected was a small list of variations like the Buzzer, Crimson Guard, and Major Bludd alternate texts and the Viper/Vipers and BAT/BATS variations. However, the list he compiled is absolutely incredible and was obviously very time-consuming. Thanks so much for taking the time to do this, Zach!

After reading a few threads about cardbacks over the last year I realized a cardback archive was a much-needed resource for the community. However, I also realized I don't know nearly enough information about the variations or even which year each card came out. Once the webmaster agreed that we needed to do this and built the shell for the archive (we all owe MacDowin big time) I kind of "tasked" some collectors in their individual specialities. Sorry--I'm a Staff Sergeant in the Army so I'm an expert at delegating! Thunt4 (Brian) was an obvious choice for the redbacks and bigjohnwoo (Zach) had posted several posts about the variations and that is why I contacted him. I also contacted a few other cardback collectors and you know who you are. Other collectors like Mike (bigklop) and Sal (robot rabbit) have each agreed to contribute around 100 or more cardbacks each. Of course there have been many guys (like me) that have contributed a handful of cardbacks and it all adds up. I really appreciate all the help you guys are giving me. Without you all you would have is a cardback shell with about 10 of my 1982 cardbacks in it!

Dan

thunt4
06-06-2005, 11:27 AM
I am hoping to send more thursday, trying to get my ebay stuff taken care of now and thursday I should have some time. I have around 30+ more redbacks probably more, night force, listen n fun,and ultimate enemies and some others not on your list yet.

TYPE*S*TOYS
06-06-2005, 03:11 PM
I am going to be hitting my stash in the basement to see what I might have that you need.

dmooretoys
06-06-2005, 04:32 PM
I am going to be hitting my stash in the basement to see what I might have that you need.
Thanks! With 1000+ cardback variations and the size of your collection I'm sure you will have something we need!

Dan

dmooretoys
06-08-2005, 12:34 AM
Please let me know if you see any mistakes. Today's additions:

Explosion Backs:
http://yojoe.com/cardback/explosion/seexplosionback.shtml

http://yojoe.com/cardback/explosion/accpack5exp.shtml

1983:
http://yojoe.com/cardback/83/doc20.shtml

http://yojoe.com/cardback/83/bludd20.shtml

1984:
http://yojoe.com/cardback/84/recondo32.shtml

http://yojoe.com/cardback/84/se32.shtml

http://yojoe.com/cardback/84/zap32.shtml

http://yojoe.com/cardback/84/rip32.shtml

http://yojoe.com/cardback/84/doc32.shtml

http://yojoe.com/cardback/84/accpack2.shtml

1985:
http://yojoe.com/cardback/85/baz34.shtml

http://yojoe.com/cardback/85/buz34.shtml

http://yojoe.com/cardback/85/eels34.shtml

http://yojoe.com/cardback/85/tele34triple.shtml

1986:
http://yojoe.com/cardback/86/eels36gray.shtml

http://yojoe.com/cardback/86/cg36graybody.shtml

http://yojoe.com/cardback/86/dial36.shtml

http://yojoe.com/cardback/86/low36.shtml

http://yojoe.com/cardback/86/zarana36.shtml

http://yojoe.com/cardback/86/main36.shtml

1987:
http://yojoe.com/cardback/87/vgaccpack1.shtml

http://yojoe.com/cardback/87/crysball34fridge.shtml

http://yojoe.com/cardback/87/falcon34fridge.shtml

http://yojoe.com/cardback/87/mind34.shtml

1988:
http://yojoe.com/cardback/88/crystal34.shtml

That's it for now. Please report any mistakes you find. Hope you like them!

Dan

bigklop
06-08-2005, 06:33 AM
look great Dan! I have one question though; How are you going to do packaging variations? are they all going to be on the same page?

Mike

dmooretoys
06-08-2005, 01:58 PM
look great Dan! I have one question though; How are you going to do packaging variations? are they all going to be on the same page?

Mike
Mike,

Here is my plan. When you click on a category, say 1982 for instance, you will see a link for each specific packaging variation. There will be a separate link for a Zap 9-back, a Zap 11-back, and a Zap w/ the Cobra Commander promotion.

I will have each packaging variation on a separate page so as to eliminate confusion. An example of how I will identify a packaging variation is the 1985 Buzzer I just posted. If you look under the "Buzzer 34-Back" title you will see the line about the variant text. Cardbacks that have no know variations of course won't have that line.

The only time I will have more than the front and back images of a card on the same page is if I first get a MOC submission and then later get a loose cardback submission that is identical to the cardback in every way. When this happens I will have the loose cardbacks first like all the other pages but then have the MOC pics under those (visible when you scroll down). Of course both contributors will be credited at the bottom of the page.

I hope this helps to clarify how I'm going to lay everything out. Also, just so everyone knows here is the process I am following for these cardbacks:

--Create the individual cardback pages (that's what I'm doing now)

--Create a link in the appropriate yearly listing in the cardback archive

--Create a link in the alphabetical listing in the cardback archive

--If a cardback is in the Explosion Back or Redback section create an additional link to it in the appropriate yearly and alphabetical listings in the cardback archive

--Finally, create a link in the corresponding action figures page

I know this is a lot of links but the result will be a stand-alone cardback archive that a cardback collector can check out but also an action figure section with links to every cardback for those people who spend all of their time there. The reason there are seperate sections for redbacks and explosion backs in the cardback archives is so someone who is just looking for those won't have to go through each yearly listing.

I hope this makes sense to everyone--it makes sense to me but I will admit it is a little extra work. However, the end result will be worth it!

Dan

Darkhawk76
06-09-2005, 09:00 AM
I will admit to being one of the elusive dial-up users. ;) I'm way out in the country so I usually don't get any higher than 26K connection, but your format works well for me. The pics aren't really all that big. :)

dmooretoys
06-10-2005, 12:39 AM
Just a few more:

Explosion Back:

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/explosion/gruntexplosionback.shtml

1988(I placed this here because it has 1988 figures on the back even though most references say it is from 1987):

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/88/avablas2pack.shtml

1995:

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/95/commandosgtsav.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/95/dynamite.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/95/genblitz.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/95/uadynamite.shtml

1997:

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/97/arcticmissionteam.shtml

As always let me know if you see a mistake.

Dan

thunt4
06-10-2005, 12:03 PM
I had a really busy week but I promise I will be getting you more soon.

Robot Rabbit
06-10-2005, 03:04 PM
Whooo! My name is up in lights :)
OK, maybe not in lights, but still.

BTW, Dan, I'll have more scans for you this weekend (busy week for me as well).

Sal

dmooretoys
06-10-2005, 04:38 PM
If you guys are busy you can take a little more time to get the scans to me. I just received Mike's (bigklop) package of cardbacks in the mail and I have a TON of scanning, cropping, and resizing to do for probably at least two weeks. If my schedule wasn't so busy I could do more but my goal is to add 100 pages a week, most of which are done on the weekend until my right arm starts hurting...

Dan

dmooretoys
06-11-2005, 01:20 AM
A few more pages added, and I finally got a 1982 cardback with the Cobra Commander promotion in there:

Redbacks
http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/redbacks/avacredback.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/redbacks/rampageredback.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/82/zap9cc.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/82/rnr11back.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/82/scarlett11back.shtml

Sorry it isn't more but I have to get up early and go to work in the morning, otherwise I'm in the mood to work on it until 3:00am again!

Standard disclaimer--please let me know if you see any mistakes.

Dan

CGC
06-11-2005, 01:30 AM
I really regret that I can't contribute here, but I think you're doing great so far!

I guess that as an opener (not a moc or mib collector), I only have a couple days to help with most of the pics (then the packaging is usually in the recycle bin), but again, nice work! The CC promo on the Zap card really goes back! It seems familiar, but I honestly can't say that really I remember it.

Keep up the good work!

dmooretoys
06-13-2005, 02:05 AM
OK, it's been a long weekend because I had to scan and crop all of these to add them (I received bigklop's collection in the mail) but here are a few more for the archives. I am trying to annotate variations under the main titles so let me know if I missed a variation.

1982:
http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/82/short11.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/82/breaker11.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/82/flash11.shtml

1983:
http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/83/snow20.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/83/gungho20.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/83/torpedo20.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/83/airborne20.shtml

1984:
http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/84/grunt32.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/84/trip32.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/84/cobra32.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/84/cc32.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/84/bludd32.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/84/blow32.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/84/mutt32.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/84/firefly32.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/84/spirit32.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/84/recondo32.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/84/road32.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/84/scrap32.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/84/baroness32.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/84/sshadow32.shtml

1985:
http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/85/flint34.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/85/footloose34.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/85/quick34.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/85/alpine34.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/85/serpent34triple.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/85/destro34triple.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/85/duke34triple.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/85/jaye34triple.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/85/airtight34triple.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/85/cg34triple.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/85/torch34triple.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/85/bbq34triple.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/85/ship34triple.shtml

1986:
http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/86/se36.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/86/beach36.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/86/scifi36.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/86/leather36.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/86/zandar36slaughter.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/86/monkey36slaughter.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/86/bats36slaughter.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/86/vipers36slaughter.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/86/iceberg36slaughter.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/86/lifeline36slaughter.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/86/wetsuit36slaughter.shtml

1987:
http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/87/hawk34.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/87/falcon34.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/87/road34fridge.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/87/psyche34fridge.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/87/chuckles34fridge.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/87/law34fridge.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/87/crazy34battle.shtml

As you can see I am working my way forward. Let me know if you see mistakes.

Dan

harbinger
06-14-2005, 08:44 AM
Dan,

I scanned in all the joe cardbacks i had and labeled the jpg files (short names) for ya. Send me an email and I'll give you the link where i have them posted. I will get to scanning the cobra ones pretty soon. thanks for doing this!

dmooretoys
06-14-2005, 08:02 PM
Dan,

I scanned in all the joe cardbacks i had and labeled the jpg files (short names) for ya. Send me an email and I'll give you the link where i have them posted. I will get to scanning the cobra ones pretty soon. thanks for doing this!
Email sent! Let me know if you didn't get it, and thanks for your willingness to help.

Dan

dmooretoys
06-15-2005, 05:57 PM
Just an update--I will be adding more pages soon but right now for the next few days I am going to try to finish the index pages that will contain all the links to the individual pages. When I finish that I won't have to post links here anymore because we can go "live" with the archive and you guys can just go and see the cardback archive yourselves! Of course, links will be added to the figure pages later after we get the majority of the individual pages finished.

Special thanks to the webmaster (MacDowin) for creating the shell for the cardback archive so this could all become a reality!

Dan

dmooretoys
06-17-2005, 10:16 PM
Just so you know the archive is now "live" with a link on the homepage. Obviously it is far from finished but continue checking because I will try to get the other sections up and running ASAP.

OK, based on what you see in there now does anyone have comments/suggestions? Do you see any mistakes, omissions, or typos? Please let me know so I can make the changes as needed.

Thanks for everyone's support in this project!

Dan

dmooretoys
06-18-2005, 02:19 PM
OK, I've been doing some detective work and I need some help here so I can get this in the cardback archive right. I need you guys to verify something for me.

While scanning some cardbacks for the archives today I noticed some of the Fridge promotion cards had the sticker and some had the promotion printed directly on the cards. With regards to the assortment numbers here is what I have ascertained so far:

Asst. # 6103 Fridge Sticker

Asst. # 6105 Fridge Sticker

Asst. # 6107 Fridge Printed On Card

I don't think the first four numbers before the asst numbers really matter because I believe they are individual figures numbers for each assortment.

Does anyone have other Fridge assortments or is this all of them? In particular I would like to know if there are assortments for the missing numbers 6104 and 6106 and are they printed or do they have the stickers? I don't think these assortments exist but I need to know for sure. I just want to get the facts before I add this information to the archive. Thanks!

Dan

Obiwanjacoby
06-18-2005, 07:56 PM
Geez Dan!!! :eek: Nobody'll ever dare accuse you of being a lazy archivist! :cool: You're doing a heck of a job there doode!

-PJ

dmooretoys
06-23-2005, 05:31 PM
Cardback updates since the archive went live last Friday:

--"all" yearly listing is now up:
http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/allyears.shtml

--alpha files are almost finished/check back later

--1988 section is now up:
http://yojoe.com/cardback/88/

--individual pages added:

http://yojoe.com/cardback/87/jinx34.shtml

http://yojoe.com/cardback/87/sneak34fridge.shtml

http://yojoe.com/cardback/87/outback34.shtml

http://yojoe.com/cardback/87/tunnel34fridge.shtml

http://yojoe.com/cardback/87/boa34.shtml

http://yojoe.com/cardback/87/techno34.shtml

http://yojoe.com/cardback/87/cc34fridge.shtml

http://yojoe.com/cardback/87/crystalball34.shtml

http://yojoe.com/cardback/explosion/lawexp.shtml

http://yojoe.com/cardback/87/tunnel34battle.shtml

http://yojoe.com/cardback/explosion/stalkerexp.shtml

http://yojoe.com/cardback/86/cg36.shtml

--also, more redbacks:
http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/red/seredback.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/red/clutchredback.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/red/copperheadredback.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/red/crankcaseredback.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/red/docredback.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/red/fridgeredback.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/red/frostbiteredback.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/red/hawkredback.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/red/jinxredback.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/red/keelhaulredback.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/red/lamphreysredback.shtml

http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/red/ninjaviperredback.shtml

138 total in the archive for now but I will double that in two weeks since I have two long weekends from work coming up!

Dan

dmooretoys
06-27-2005, 11:32 PM
OK, I've added a LOT more cardbacks but I'm going to stop posting the additions here because this thread will become a mile long. The webmaster will post new additions to the cardback archive in the magazine on the yojoe homepage so check there for updates.

This thread will still be used for questions or other cardback information so feel free to post as needed.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to the archive--we're getting there!

Dan

TYPE*S*TOYS
07-19-2005, 12:33 AM
dmooretoys,
Do you have a list of what cardbacks are missing in the archives. I can search mine and see if I can fill any holes.

dmooretoys
07-19-2005, 12:59 AM
Thanks for the offer to help, Type*S*Toys, I know you're really busy with your ebay business.

I don't have a list per se but if you check the cardback archives I have pretty much added all the submissions I have received so far from 1982-87. The main ones I would like to find at this point are the missing 1982 9-backs and 9-backs w/ the Cobra Commander promo, and also the 1983 20-backs that we are missing. If you could help with these two years that would be great because the early cards are going to be the toughest to find.

I can type out a list if you want or you could just print the lists and just pull anything that isn't already in there. Please keep in mind that I am going on vacation from 01 Aug through 14 Aug so I won't be able to add anything during those two weeks. Thanks again!

Dan

dmooretoys
07-19-2005, 01:02 AM
Bt the way, if you guys want to see the most beautiful cardbacks I own check the magazine (homepage) for an update in the next couple of days for the Python Patrol cardbacks. I managed to find them all unpunched with the bubbles cut of. I will also be adding about 17 other cardbacks with the bubbles cut off and mint art. I am now looking for these mint cards almost exclusively!

Dan

TYPE*S*TOYS
07-30-2005, 10:59 PM
I had an idea relating to the cardback archive. I think a lot of collectors would agree that not only is the art and the cardback itself very nostalgic but what about the price stickers from the stores during this time era. Nothing is more cool than seeing a cardback with a price sticker from Childen's Palace or Kiddie City. My idea was to have another link that would be called "Store Price Stickers" and would list out all of the stores with a scan of a cardback with a price sticker from that particular store. I know many stores are out of bussiness now but back in the 80's these were the places we remember when buying Joes. Let me know what you think and I can send over a bunch of scans of every unique retailer that I have.

PrimeNYBT
07-31-2005, 12:13 AM
This my be a dumb question but, shouldn't the cardback archive and the filecard archive be combined. Because you are basicly listing the same info twice. Why not just list them in the same order as the action figure archive. This way when you click on the link it shows you all the variations of the card back and you get to read the file card as well. Just my 2 cents

danielmd06
07-31-2005, 12:38 AM
I agree.

I think Dan's ultimate intention is to have all of this cardback information accessible via a link from the character's toy page. In other words, you could look up Cobra Commander under his "Figure Archive" listing and find the respective links to cardbacks there just as you can currently for filecards.

dmooretoys
08-01-2005, 12:45 AM
Ok, leaving for two weeks tomorrow for vacation but I'm glad I checked the forums one last time.

Type*S*Toys the price sticker section sounds fine to me but I'll have to run it by the webmaster when I get back.

As far as the filecards and cardbacks being redundant I agree. As Daniel said my goal is to link the cardbacks to the corresponding figures once I "finish" all the years up to 2005 (I'm currently on 1992). The reason I started the cardback archive is because some people are interested in all the packaging variations and not just the filecards.

Basically I want a stand-alone cardback section so people don't have to wade through action figure listings if they are only interested in cardbacks, but I also want people to be able to see all the cardback versions for a figure via links on the action figure page. So if you go to a 1982 Snake Eyes in the figure archives you will see a link for the filecard and all versions of the cardbacks. I know it might seem redundant to leave the filecard links on there when you can also read the cardbacks but frankly people put a lot of work into the filecards so I'm going to leave them. Believe me, I know they put a lot of work into it!

That's it for now, see you in two weeks.

Dan

thunt4
08-01-2005, 11:06 PM
Have a good vacation. I will have some things for you when I get back from mine as well.

dmooretoys
08-23-2005, 11:43 PM
I had an idea relating to the cardback archive. I think a lot of collectors would agree that not only is the art and the cardback itself very nostalgic but what about the price stickers from the stores during this time era. Nothing is more cool than seeing a cardback with a price sticker from Childen's Palace or Kiddie City. My idea was to have another link that would be called "Store Price Stickers" and would list out all of the stores with a scan of a cardback with a price sticker from that particular store. I know many stores are out of bussiness now but back in the 80's these were the places we remember when buying Joes. Let me know what you think and I can send over a bunch of scans of every unique retailer that I have.
Ok, I just want to let you know the answer to this question. Basically, when I asked the webmaster about a sticker section he said maybe later but for now we have other things we need to add first, namely the cardbacks from 1992-present. After that I may try to get the collectibles section caught up before jumping into the International cardbacks.

Sorry about the answer, but I just wanted to let you know that I hadn't forgotten about you. Also, thanks Brian for the cardbacks you sent. I'll try to get them added ASAP.

Dan

dmooretoys
08-23-2005, 11:45 PM
Just so everyone knows I'll be getting the cardbacks moving forward again soon. Mike has sent me another box with tons of 93 and 94 cardbacks so then I can get those years up and running.

Keep watching the yojoe magazine for updates!

Dan

dmooretoys
09-12-2005, 04:17 PM
Ok, although I have left the staff I did complete 1993 and 1994 first, as well as getting a few of the bigger items like the Sgt Slaughter's Renegades, Cobra-La, and some of the Air Commandos added.

Unfortunately I didn't get the links added to the figure pages but at least the cardback archive is semi-complete for 1982-94 (excluding the variations page I was going to do after I received enough variation submissions). If you see something missing from 1982-94 then feel free to submit it to submissions @ yojoe.com because I added everything that I received unless I somehow missed one.

Thanks to everyone for your help with this project and I'm sorry to bail out on you. I enjoyed talking with you guys so feel free to contact me if you want help or want to talk about anything.

Dan

This I Command!
05-04-2006, 04:12 PM
time to resurrect this thread...:D

Over the past month or so (as I'm sure everyone here is already well aware) an ebay seller, http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/s.gif"senuseret72" has been auctioning off loads of various Hasbro pre-production pieces we've all had the oppurtunity to drool over. Some of us can afford, some can't...asides the point. Many of the items he is selling are beautiful condition proof cards, several of them from older vintage figures. I think someone needs to be saving all of these auction pictures and using them as upgrades to the archives, when those auction disapear so do the pictures that went with them this is possibly the only time will ever have the oppurtnity to get scans of cardbacks that have NEVER had a blister on them, and almost all of them would make substancial improvements to the ones currently in the archives that at the very least have blisters, but in some cases have fading, tears, missing portions, price tags, etc!

I know everyone here is big on giving credit and whatnot but before we go freaking the guy out and causing all his further auctions to be watermarked someone please at least save everything that has been up so far so we can have it for the future when the items are no longer on the market!

dmooretoys
05-04-2006, 04:54 PM
I really don't think the pics/scans should be added without either the current owner or the buyers' consent. I understand where you are coming from and I would like to see perfect cardbacks too but taking those auction pics is no different than someone taking pics from yojoe and using them for their online auctions. Basically, it is all about who owns the images.

Dan

This I Command!
05-04-2006, 05:09 PM
I don't know, I have mixed feelings on it. I totally understand about giving credit where its due, I just feel like after an auction has sold its really only being kept alive for historical purposes and seeing as those cardbacks could have been scanned by anyone who had one it just doesn't seem like as a big of a deal to me as it does to show a figure's picture where condition comes in to the sale price. For me a cardbacks a cardback, ya know? If someone steals a pic of a Heavy Metal with a mic, and then you get a beat up figure with no mic thats different than a cardboard picture. I know personally that had a lot of auction pictures not been saved several large toy websites would be without some of their best prototype photos and info, just a thought. I still think everyone should make an effort to save these photos for refference if nothing else so that we can at least trade them amongst collectors and not loose them as they are certainly valuable to the community.

GIJoeCollector
05-04-2006, 05:30 PM
Just a thought... This I Command, why don't you contact the seller or even the auction winners. See if the seller would be willing to let us use them, or if the auction winners would scan and submit them. That way, there is no stealing involved. It's worth a shot, as without permission, we would not use them in the archives.

This I Command!
05-04-2006, 05:39 PM
Just a thought... This I Command, why don't you contact the seller or even the auction winners. See if the seller would be willing to let us use them, or if the auction winners would scan and submit them. That way, there is no stealing involved. It's worth a shot, as without permission, we would not use them in the archives.

I'm all for that I'm just a little reluctant, because if he says no then theres a high likelyhood all future auctions of his will be watermarked because he'll be aware that people want to use them for something so I'm kind of up in the air and would rather ask him after all his auctions have run their course and we have all the photos already saved.