International Versions of the H.A.L ??? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : International Versions of the H.A.L ???

jabba the drunk
06-01-2005, 07:46 PM
Hi guys,

I was wondering if you guys might know this. Does anybody know all of the countries in which the H.A.L. (Heavy Artillery Laser) was released?

I've so far compiled a very, very small list, from the Yojoe archives.

U.S.A
U.K. (as Laser Exterminator)
Argentina

Yep...that's it. I'm thinking it had to have been released elsewhere. Perhaps Australia (Action Man), Brazil, or Canada?

Any thoughts?

-Peter

Fabio
06-02-2005, 10:56 AM
It was also released in Brazil!

Tattoo Shane
06-02-2005, 03:21 PM
It was released in Canada. The only discernable differences are the Cdn flags and french text on the box.

cutter27
06-02-2005, 04:51 PM
pretty sure it was also released in germany :)

jabba the drunk
06-02-2005, 06:10 PM
Fabio, Shane, and cutter...you guys rock! Thanks for for your replies and confirming the Brazilian, Canadian, and German releases of the H.A.L.

I wonder if it was released with the Australian Action Man, too? Or maybe even in Venezuela?

I really like the H.A.L., as to me it is a vehicle/weapon that illustrates the "high tech" and sci-fi feel of Gijoe, from it's onset in '82. The inclusion of the character Flash, the H.A.L., the VAMP's laser, the Jet Pack Jump, and the FLAK originally sets Gijoe up as a modern/sci-fi special missions force from it's very beginning...while also emphasizing it's real-world military basis.

I'm contemplating starting a focused collection of the H.A.L., but am not sure. I am very curious as to what versions were available internationally!

Thanks for your replies and help, all!

-Peter

Blitzwingz
06-03-2005, 03:44 PM
enjoy:

http://img150.echo.cx/img150/4180/amhal1nl.jpg

nemesis
06-04-2005, 05:08 AM
Add New Zealand to you list as well, though I suspect our offering was exactly the same as Australia (branded Action Man, produced through Toltoys). My brother managed to pick up a VAMP, JUMP and HAL + all the swivel-arm originals. I think all the 1982 vehicles were in the shops tho I don't ever remember ever seeing a mobat on the shelves.

jabba the drunk
06-04-2005, 01:43 PM
Blitzwingz and nemesis, thanks for your replies!

It seemed reasonable that the H.A.L. would have been released under Action Man in your areas. I just didn't have any pics or info to prove it. Problem solved!

Thanks again to you all for your help with this.

-Peter

JeffreyKabal
06-06-2005, 05:57 PM
U.K. belongs to Europe :)

Allthough they don't really want to...those odd island citizens ;)

So it is released in Europe :)