Soooo. . .What's under that eyepatch? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Soooo. . .What's under that eyepatch?

viperlord
06-04-2005, 04:09 AM
Has it ever been established what happened to Billy's eye? I know he lost it in a car accident (Well, kinda. Scrap Iron blew the car up) but what happened? Did a piece of schrapnel take it out? Does he have scars or just lose the eyeball leaving his face untouched?

I never liked that eyepatch :(

danielmd06
06-04-2005, 09:58 AM
FYI: The surgery used to remove an eye is called an enucleation and is usually performed by an ophthamologist. Patches and sunglasses are often utilized by patients who wish to cover the empty socket after an enucleation, though many simply continue their everyday lives with no covering. It is actually not a terrible disfigurement.

We never see the scars Billy has under the patch, and I always assumed that one of three things happened: (1) He lost the eye from a piece of shrapnel or glass outright or because of the surgical removal of a piece of shrapnel/glass. (2) His eye became secondarily infected due to associated injury from his immunocompromised status in the hospital during recovery after the accident. (3) The burns incurred from the exploding gas tank and/or rocket that Scrap Iron fired damaged his eye or led to secondary infection of his eye. I personally think that option (3) is the most likely.

frozen_nd
06-04-2005, 07:25 PM
. .

danielmd06
06-04-2005, 09:38 PM
Have you ever seen "Once Upon a Time in Mexico?" :D

Completist_Junkie
06-05-2005, 01:51 PM
Who lied to me and said the year was 1985?

*raises hand* :eek:

the scarecrow
06-05-2005, 03:05 PM
Was it ever explained why Major Bludd wears an eyepatch?

Redmao
06-05-2005, 03:45 PM
I think Bludd wears it to impress the ladies. That and and he's cross sighted :D

danielmd06
06-05-2005, 04:32 PM
Major Bludd's eye patch? It has never been explained in comic or cartoon. The "bionic" or armor-encased right arm was supposedly to protect him from the blast of his rocket-firing pistol. In DDP we recently saw General Rey slice the right hand off, however. A very cool character and figure.

I am quite sure he got many miles from both eye patch and armored arm on the Cobra social scene. I know I would.

CGC
06-05-2005, 11:34 PM
Was it ever explained why Major Bludd wears an eyepatch?
Remember the movie Captain Ron? That I'm sure Major Bludd has switched which eye his patch covors, too! :D

Completist_Junkie
06-06-2005, 07:57 AM
Damn, you beat me. :)

That's cool. Yeah, he even said that he'd kill Rey just to get even for slicing off his arm like he did with the person who gave him the missing eye. Who that person is will most likely remain a mystery.

Major Bludd's eye patch? It has never been explained in comic or cartoon. The "bionic" or armor-encased right arm was supposedly to protect him from the blast of his rocket-firing pistol. In DDP we recently saw General Rey slice the right hand off, however. A very cool character and figure.

I am quite sure he got many miles from both eye patch and armored arm on the Cobra social scene. I know I would.

Onslaught Six
06-19-2005, 06:01 PM
Bludd's eye thing is likely just some no-name soldier that Bludd killed in battle Later for stabbing out his eye in a knife fight.

Xerofall
07-03-2005, 11:49 PM
Major Bloods eye patch was purely cosmetic. During Billy's trials to see who was trying to kill Cobra Commander- Blood forgot to wear it.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid89/p3e0506f5ace7d50b101b99cc1515633e/fa89f818.jpg

Hahaha! Maybe he had a glass eye, but during battle it would irritate him so he used a patch, then when off duty he would wear the prostetic.

danyanda
07-04-2005, 09:44 AM
Major Bloods eye patch was purely cosmetic. During Billy's trials to see who was trying to kill Cobra Commander- Blood forgot to wear it.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid89/p3e0506f5ace7d50b101b99cc1515633e/fa89f818.jpg

Hahaha! Maybe he had a glass eye, but during battle it would irritate him so he used a patch, then when off duty he would wear the prostetic.

Yeah, but judging by the comic artwork Billy switched which leg was prosthetic, so he's pretty good, too.

danielmd06
07-04-2005, 11:06 AM
Right. :D

My guess would be that the glass-eye observation would be worthy of a Marvel No-Prize--along with the "switching leg phenomenon." Bludd may have actually had one, but it stands to reason that if he could manage with a glass eye then he would completely dispense with the patch altogether.

Except when he went on dates. Then it was all about the patch. And the armored arm.