View Full Version : When is it really too much gear?

dockingbay97
06-06-2005, 11:30 AM
I like 12" military figures. I don't get a lot of them but I do like to check them out. I really like how the gear keeps looking better and better. These figures are coming with some great stuff these days.

But when is it really too much gear.

Here is a female USMC from Hot Toys. She looks really cool and I have considered getting her but look at the amount of gear she comes with.

http://www.hottoys.com.hk/product.php?cat=3&pid=145

Wanna beat her in combat? Push her over and watch her spasm like a turtle.

Yes I know some of that is airborne gear and she will get rid of it but her gear probably outweighs her 2:1 easily in those pics.

sinnister
06-06-2005, 02:07 PM
haha...have you ever seen a line of 'doopers waddling to the plane getting ready for a jump? I think we all looked like that. We would sit on the tarmac waiting to board the C130 and a jumpmaster or safety would have to walk by and pull all of us up. You had to walk all bowlegged to the bird because of the rucksack that is hanging under your reserve. It does look like a ton of equipment but it looks pretty accurate to me! The chute, reserve, and 1950 (weapons case that is on her left side) will all be left on the dropzone and she would only have the ruck and her individual weapon to worry about then.
Why she has all that extra gear in her hands is beyond me. That should all be packed up securely until she hits the ground after her jump.

joebahama
06-06-2005, 09:03 PM
I agree the equipment is so accurate and realistic, you feel like the weapons can actually shoot. Heck I wish I could blow up some of the stuff to full size and use them myself. I'd collect 12" over sigma six if the joe line stayed on Hiatus any day!

I like 12" military figures. I don't get a lot of them but I do like to check them out. I really like how the gear keeps looking better and better. These figures are coming with some great stuff these days.

danielmd06
06-06-2005, 09:07 PM
What do you USMC guys think that amount of equipment would weigh in real life? About 300 pounds?

thorn
06-07-2005, 06:16 PM
Wanna beat her in combat? Push her over and watch her spasm like a turtle.

ahahhahahaha -man ok i have some 12 inch, and reading i was thinking , yeah these guys have like 4 canteens, 26 grenades, endless pouches all over the place.

but that was nothing .

i was NOT expecting to see what i saw in that photo.

holy overloaded. is this some kind of joke about women ? hehehe

whitedalek
06-07-2005, 06:19 PM
That amount of gear is realistic. I have a buddy who was a Ranger and his stories of loading up for drops were hilarious. How everybody had to waddle and the sheer amount of weight they had to carry. What was worse is that he's a little guy - like 5'3" and 120 pounds or so. He honestly said that if he fell over, he wasn't getting up! :p

thorn
06-07-2005, 06:23 PM
yeah i figured it was for parachuting, i assume into an area that is already captured?
you cnat land on a battle field like that can you?

sinnister
06-07-2005, 10:04 PM
yeah i figured it was for parachuting, i assume into an area that is already captured?
you cnat land on a battle field like that can you?

You generally 'capture' the area by jumping in. You have to realize...the chute on the back and the reserve on the waist would be dropped where you land. The alice pack hanging in front of her legs will go on her back and her weapon will be taken out of the M-1950 weapons case and the case will be left as well. Looks like a whole lotta crap but you usually dont have to walk or stand with it for very long. Stand to get rigged up, sit down until you waddle to the plane, sit on the plane until you get ready to go across the DZ, stand up/hook up/go. Land and drop it off...