Night Vulture variant?? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Night Vulture variant??

toy-nutz
06-08-2005, 12:54 PM
I was going through some of my figures and I noticed I have only one Night Vulture with the goggles painted purple and three that are painted that bright orange. I noticed on the archives here and in Marks Bellemo's new book they show only the purple goggles. So does anyone else have orange goggled Night Vultures? I can have some pictures later this evening if anyone needs or wants them!

Michael Richards
Bulletman Big B
All HAIL DOB!!!

Patrick A. Riley
06-08-2005, 01:29 PM
My two are purple and all the pics I could find on eBay and elsewhere have purple as well

We have to see pics of yours

toy-nutz
06-08-2005, 05:27 PM
Hey no problem! I added a pic into my YoJoe photo gallery

http://photos.yojoe.com/showphoto.php?photo=949&cat=500

I do not know where I got them. I got 3 figures from someone off the alt.toy.gi-joe news group and the last was in a giant lot of figures off ebay.

Michael Richards
Bulletman Big B
All HAIL DOB!!!

Patrick A. Riley
06-08-2005, 05:34 PM
Well, if all 3 variants weren't together, that rules out customs. International versions maybe?

arashikage29
06-30-2005, 01:31 PM
i army night vultures and i have never seen one with orange goggles

CGC
06-30-2005, 02:49 PM
I have one of each, so that can probably rule out being a custom. I don't know if that qualifies as a variant or just a paint error, but I'll definately confirm that it's around.

toy-nutz
06-30-2005, 10:31 PM
I have one of each, so that can probably rule out being a custom. I don't know if that qualifies as a variant or just a paint error, but I'll definately confirm that it's around.

Well at least one other person has one! I asked around at the convention and no one had ever seen one, most people looked at me weird and said they were fakes more then likely. I am thinking they may be Mexican or Brazilian releases, as my friend in England says he has never seen any either and he has about 15 Night Vultures.

Michael Richards
Bulletman Big B
All Hail DOB!!

Patrick A. Riley
07-01-2005, 05:45 AM
Yeah, I'm thinking it's an int'l version, but who knows?

Alyosha
07-02-2005, 04:36 AM
They might be Mexican versions. I'll have to check, but I seem to recall the one I bought in Mexcio a few years back have the odball colored goggles as well.

masteratarms2ndclass
07-03-2005, 12:35 PM
Both of my Night Vultures have purple goggles... I sure would love to get my hands on a variant with the orange goggles though, especially if they are a mexican version.

Anyone know if these guys were originally designed to be a version of Snake Eyes or not? My impression looking at the figure is that they were. Does the new Bellomo (sp?) book have any info in that regard?