comics cancelled [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : comics cancelled

fireflys_apprentice
06-08-2005, 02:06 PM
So are the comics going to cancelled? Anyone know?

Jeff Bohn
06-08-2005, 03:50 PM
No, new creative team (Casey and Caselli) and new start beginning with G.I.Joe America's Elite 0 next wednesday for a quarter, followed by G.I.Joe America's Elite 1 two weeks later.

If that doesn't help sales then I'm sure cancellation would be an option down the line.

willie&joe
06-08-2005, 05:03 PM
Don't forget the new Snake-Eyes series!

Elessar
06-08-2005, 05:53 PM
Were the Devil's Due comics really suffering in terms of sales? I thought they were still doing good.

the scarecrow
06-08-2005, 06:28 PM
Were the Devil's Due comics really suffering in terms of sales? I thought they were still doing good.

96 33.46 MAR052793GI JOE #42$4.50DEV
98 34.40 FEB052731GI JOE #41$2.95DEV

DEVIL'S DUE GOES BACK TO PRESS ON "G.I. JOE: AMERICA'S ELITE" #0
by Jonah Weiland, Executive Producer
Posted: June 8, 2005

Official Press Release

Chicago, IL -- June 7, 2005 -- The smaller, more streamlined and tougher team of G.I. JOE: America’s Elite is already defeating one worthy foe: sales. G.I. JOE: America’s Elite #0, the 25˘ issue in stores June 15 that re-launches the venerable heroes into a new era, sold out of an enormous initial print run. But that doesn’t mean readers and retailers won’t be able to find the issue in stores. DDP will reprint #0 with a new cover; this time G.I. JOE: America’s Elite will be sold at the standard $2.95 cover price. G.I. JOE is under license from the Hasbro Properties Group, the intellectual development arm of Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE: HAS).

In G.I. JOE: AMERICA’S ELITE, a year has passed since the events of G.I. JOE #43. The world has grown even more chaotic, and when a tragedy of mythic proportions is visited upon Chicago, the President must summon the country’s greatest warrior to lead a new G.I. JOE team. Who will make the cut to be on the new JOE team? And what of Cobra?

“We’re excited about every aspect of this series,” said Josh Blaylock, DDP president. “From the creative team of Joe Casey, Stefano Caselli and Sunder Raj to the redesign of the G.I. JOE squad to the exciting storyline to kick things off, this is going to be a terrific series. We would hate to see fans miss out on #0, so we decided to repackage it and get it out there again. In addition, we encourage retailers to consider increasing their orders on G.I. JOE: America’s Elite #1 to meet demand.”

Stefano Caselli and Sunder Raj were the art team behind G.I. JOE: Master and Apprentice Vol. 1, the first issue of which sold through three printings.

DDP also has several contests to coincide with the launching of G.I. JOE: America’s Elite. These include The Biggest G.I. JOE Fan Contest, The Best DDP Retailer Display Contest and G.I. JOE Day (held on July 4). Fans and retailers should visit DDP's website at http://www.devilsdue.net/ (http://www.devilsdue.net/) or http://www.devilsdue.net/retailers (http://www.devilsdue.net/retailers) for more information.

Devil's Due. Reminding everyone that pop culture IS our culture.

ABOUT DEVIL'S DUE PUBLISHING (DDP)
Devil's Due Publishing was formed in 1999 as both a commercial art studio and a small press comic book publisher. DDP's first breakout success was 2001's revamp of G.I. JOE, returning the long-lost 1980s characters to comics. Fans bought over 100,000 copies per month, immediately propelling G.I. JOE to the top of the charts. Today, DDP's lineup includes Army of Darkness, Street Fighter, Hack/Slash and the Aftermath universe, a new imprint featuring super-powered heroes in titles like Defex, Breakdown, Blade of Kumori and Infantry. ABOUT THE HASBRO PROPERTIES GROUP
The Hasbro Properties Group (HPG), the intellectual property development arm of Hasbro, Inc., (NYSE:HAS), translates one of the industry’s richest portfolios of brands into a world of fun and excitement for children and adults globally. Through a host of publishing, lifestyle and entertainment platforms, HPG is able to surround fans worldwide with consumer products that expand Hasbro’s core brands, such as TRANSFORMERS, DUEL MASTERS, MY LITTLE PONY, MONOPOLY and CANDY LAND, beyond the toy and game aisle, creating rich lifestyle experiences.

fireflys_apprentice
06-09-2005, 01:04 PM
Does this mean the last series is done then? with number 43? Starting again under a new tital?

the scarecrow
06-09-2005, 06:06 PM
Does this mean the last series is done then? with number 43? Starting again under a new tital?

Yes, the new title is a continuation of the first volume with a new creative team.