View Full Version : My New Toy

Roadblock_1187
06-09-2005, 03:29 PM
i just Bought an SKS from a buddy of mine at work the other day man do i love it he put a synthectic folding stock on it pistol grip definetley alot of fun a great pairing to my remington 870 that i bought last month no pics but as soon as i can get accesess to a digital camera ill post a few up here

Short-Fuse
06-09-2005, 04:21 PM
I love mine too. They are a blast to shoot.

whitedalek
06-09-2005, 04:43 PM
I had an SKS for several years. I loved that gun. Sadly, I had to sell it to my brother to cover some bills. Grrrrr.....at least I still have my Thompson! :p

sinnister
06-09-2005, 06:27 PM
I'm also a proud owner of an SKS. You gotta get a bayonet for it too!! I chose a spike bayonet but they also make blades.

GungHo
06-09-2005, 06:48 PM
I've shot an SKS before...but I prefer the AK47/MAK90 myself........because of the quick change mags. It's possble to convert the SKS to using the quick change SKS style mags.....but it's sometimes tricky getting those clipped in.

Also, there's a paratrooper version of the SKS that uses AK mags .......that's one sweet rifle too ;)

thorn
06-09-2005, 07:17 PM
oooooooo i am jealous.

Short-Fuse
06-09-2005, 10:01 PM
I'm also a proud owner of an SKS. You gotta get a bayonet for it too!! I chose a spike bayonet but they also make blades.
I've got the blade style bayonet, but I don't leave it on there. It would look kinda funny going to the range with a bayonet attached to your rifle. I'm sure I would get some strange looks.

bluebikerboy1
06-09-2005, 10:14 PM
shoot id do it. i actually have a large bowie that has the hole that can be used as a bayonette. i actually have it on my shotgun for the time being.

sinnister
06-09-2005, 11:20 PM
I've got the blade style bayonet, but I don't leave it on there. It would look kinda funny going to the range with a bayonet attached to your rifle. I'm sure I would get some strange looks.

I know what you mean! I rarely go to ranges. I had 50 acres on top of a mountain I'd go to and waste 5000 rounds or so. Of course that is 5000 with all my weapons...not just through the sks! I used to go to ranges but I dont like all the safety rules. When I'm in the mountains...I have about a 345 degree range fan...would be 360 but I have to look out for my truck :D .

Now that I dont have that land anymore I just go to a friend of mine's property and shoot. Best time of year to go shooting is the first week of November. That is the time that all the roadside pumpkin vendors are practically giving away pumpkins! I load up the back of my dodge with them and go blast 'em. Those and TV's or whatever junk I have laying around that would look cool with some rounds going through them!

redviper
06-10-2005, 08:07 AM
I Got A Bb Gun...and A Water Gun.

Roadblock_1187
06-13-2005, 03:24 PM

naw my buddy ditched the bayonet lug in favor of a synthetic folding stock i may go with the hi cap mags for it but for now ill stick with the stripper clips for it dont take me more than a second or 2 to load it now. i go out to my parents land & shoot but the ranges around here arnt strict at all theres never anyone there they give you your own key you go shoot whenevr me and a bunch of friends from my shift are going out to shoot there be some purdy neat weapons there an AR-15, an sks or two a couple of ruger 10-22's an HK USP, a Kel-Tec 9MM carbine itll be fun.

this is what people in texas do get together & shoot things well probaly end up spotlighting rabbits by nightfall

Viper Commander
06-14-2005, 08:03 AM
Man, you guys are lucky, here in CA only gangbangers and criminals get to have nice guns. I wanted an M-4 style rifle from Bushmaster but it looks like Ill have to settle for a Kel-Tec (http://www.kel-tec.com/su-16ca_rifle.htm) :mad:

Roadblock_1187
06-16-2005, 04:52 PM
Man, you guys are lucky, here in CA only gangbangers and criminals get to have nice guns. I wanted an M-4 style rifle from Bushmaster but it looks like Ill have to settle for a Kel-Tec (http://www.kel-tec.com/su-16ca_rifle.htm) :mad:

Armalite is the ONLY way to go for an ar-15 man imm getting a Kel-Tec 9MM carbine from a buddy of mine next month its a sweet little plinker takes glock magazines to

Short-Fuse
06-16-2005, 06:43 PM
Well I finally got around to taking a picture of mine. I even put the bayonet on for ya. :D
Let's see some pics of yours.
http://photobucket.com/albums/v251/Short-Fuse/?action=view&current=SKS.jpg

bluebikerboy1
06-16-2005, 07:04 PM
dude i feel jipped. thats not even a real gun. its one of thoes guns that shoot the plastic bb's. and the bayonette is rubber. :cool:

Short-Fuse
06-16-2005, 08:09 PM
dude i feel jipped. thats not even a real gun. its one of thoes guns that shoot the plastic bb's. and the bayonette is rubber. :cool:
Are you serious?! Do these look like plastic BBs to you?
http://photobucket.com/albums/v251/Short-Fuse/?action=view&current=103_0380.jpg

claw
06-17-2005, 12:21 AM
you should get some 75 round drum magazines, some guy at a local gun show was selling one, too bad it doesn't fit an ak.