View Full Version : Wonderbread He-Man AFA

Navajo
06-17-2005, 10:15 PM
Ok, I was just wondering about something. From all the Wonderbread's I've seen on Ebay and one in person, they've only come with an axe. That seems to be the way it goes on this fig. So how come AFA gets it and grades one with a sword? Is it all of a sudden the sword came with the fig? The way buddy is saying is that AFA won't grade it unless it has both weapons. There's never been a sealed one pop up, so how can they know what it came with? The cheap thing is, if you ever find a Wonderbread, you can grab some of the Man-E-Weapons and take his sword and send it in...Sounds pretty weak if you ask me...but then again, I'm not an Authority.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5982546358

darkstar
07-01-2005, 11:21 AM
That's odd, but it's AFA, they've done some strange and some might even call unethical things in the past.

thorn
07-01-2005, 02:00 PM
weird thing is he says axe and sword but i only see an axe in there

so AFA is full on with the loose stuff now?
also got to lve his pic of the grade- so blurry you cant see anything

bluebikerboy1
07-01-2005, 02:40 PM
ive got a couple of figs im debating sending in

darkstar
07-01-2005, 03:03 PM
weird thing is he says axe and sword but i only see an axe in there

also got to lve his pic of the grade- so blurry you cant see anything

I thought that at first too, but if you look again, it's two separate pieces, the axe being on top and dagger or sword on the bottom.

danielmd06
07-01-2005, 05:23 PM

Yes. I have yet to send anything loose to them, however. Interesting He-Man figure, though. I had never heard of it. Where did this "Wonderbread" figure come from? Mail-in?

Navajo
07-03-2005, 09:49 AM
Yeah it was a mail from...you guessed it, Wonderbread. Not sure what you had to do to get one as I've never had one. I'm pretty sure that there's never been a sealed one pop up before. There was a fake carded one I read about but that's it. That's why it's hard for me to believe that it came with the sword and axe, not saying it didn't but there should be some evidence to back up what AFA says it came with.

roboticplanet
07-03-2005, 06:06 PM
Hey Navajo, you seem to be the person to ask this:

Are the weapons the Wonderbread He-Man has (as in the auction link) also accessory pack weapons, or were those colors excusive to that figure?

I ask because I have both of those and was ready to throw them in a misc MOTU lot for eBay but if they're only to Wonderbread He-Man....$$$$$$$
That would be awesome!

Navajo
07-03-2005, 06:51 PM
No, they aren't acc. pack weapons, but they aren't exclusive to the Wonderbread He-Man. They also came with the Man-E-Weapons, he came with 5 of those maroon ones, shield, sword, axe, gun and mace.

Angry Beef
07-05-2005, 06:57 PM
Wanted to mention this... About 4 years ago at a Value Village store (It's a thrift store chain) I came across.. not one but TWO Wonderbread He-men... I picked them up and thought "Hey kind of weird.. a brown haired Heman...even has an axe. Maybe it's some weird bootleg."

I didn't buy them.

About two years ago I learned what they were............Man... sometimes life sucks.

darkstar
07-06-2005, 12:24 PM
Wanted to mention this... About 4 years ago at a Value Village store (It's a thrift store chain) I came across.. not one but TWO Wonderbread He-men... I picked them up and thought "Hey kind of weird.. a brown haired Heman...even has an axe. Maybe it's some weird bootleg."

I didn't buy them.

About two years ago I learned what they were............Man... sometimes life sucks.

oh man, what a bummer.