America's Elite #0? Didn't Colton Die in the DDP #41 [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : America's Elite #0? Didn't Colton Die in the DDP #41

3idmp
06-19-2005, 11:04 AM
I thought Joseph Colton died? How is he alive? Any opinions....

blackdragon
06-19-2005, 11:53 AM
i don't want to spoil it for you if you haven't read #43 but near the end or at the end they say he pulled through.

Redmao
07-06-2005, 01:33 PM
Joe will always pull through. He's the original GI Joe, he can't die! No matter what happens, no matter if there's a hiatus, oil crisis, nuclear holocaust, ninja raining from the sky, Joe will always find a way. He's america's moveable fighting man, the guy with the kung fu grip, the real american hero (or Héro sans frontière if you're french).

Can't wait to read America's elite. I'll get my copies (0 and 1) tomorrow after work

Viper Commander
07-06-2005, 02:58 PM
Is #1 out yet? I gotta get that! :eek:

danielmd06
07-06-2005, 03:03 PM
It's out. A good issue.

Drunken Fist
07-07-2005, 09:15 AM
Joe will always pull through. He's the original GI Joe, he can't die!
True dat. I couldn't believe they even went so far as to have him get badly injured; in my eyes, he has always been the one untouchable character in the GI Joe mythos. As for him leading the team, its about time. :)

Cesspool
07-07-2005, 09:41 AM
Didn't the last few issues of the Marvel run have him taking over the team and shaving his beard off?

yojoeshow
07-08-2005, 06:58 PM
He seemed kinda grouchy in #1. I thought he had more of the attitude of Cap. America.

Drunken Fist
07-12-2005, 08:33 AM
Could be. I don't have the last few issues of the Marvel run, so I don't know about that for sure.

Obiwanjacoby
07-24-2005, 08:03 PM
Let the record show that I am a career comics hater. I criticize 'em all.

But A.E. #0-1. . .I DIG IT!!! I love Colton's crusty attitude! Refreshing. . .very realistic. To paraphrase The Godfather, he tries to get out. . .and they keep pulling him back in! :D

The scene where he first encounters Storm Shadow up in the rafters was great. :cool:

-PJ

The MASS Device
07-27-2005, 08:59 PM
Didn't the Red Shadows nearly kill almost everybody in issues 42-43? But rest assured, their all okay, including Cobra Commander, of course.

I'm so sick of the almost died thing. It gets so old. Back in the Marvel days when Cobra Commander died for how many issues and made his miracle comeback, I can excuse because they really intended to kill him. But when they just want to make you worry that a character is dead only to bring them back later is just bad writing -- a really lame ploy to try to keep interest up. And it stops working after you do it the first time because people realize that you won't actually kill a major character (unless you really need to increase subscriptions -- yes, that is a criticism of Devil's Due offing Lady Jaye).

As you can see, I am really disenchanted with Devil's Due as of late.

Graz73
08-02-2005, 11:06 AM
Didn't the Red Shadows nearly kill almost everybody in issues 42-43? But rest assured, their all okay, including Cobra Commander, of course.

I'm so sick of the almost died thing. It gets so old. Back in the Marvel days when Cobra Commander died for how many issues and made his miracle comeback, I can excuse because they really intended to kill him. But when they just want to make you worry that a character is dead only to bring them back later is just bad writing -- a really lame ploy to try to keep interest up. And it stops working after you do it the first time because people realize that you won't actually kill a major character (unless you really need to increase subscriptions -- yes, that is a criticism of Devil's Due offing Lady Jaye).

As you can see, I am really disenchanted with Devil's Due as of late.

The only people who "seemed" to die and are now back alive are the Baroness and Wraith. But remember,their jet just blew up! We never saw them board that jet, and we never saw bodies. Any comic reader knows that those two facts are enough to equal NOT DEAD!

The MASS Device
08-04-2005, 03:23 PM
What about Cobra Commander and Tomax and Xamot who were supposedly killed by the Crimson Shadows in the cave, only to see Cobra Commander alive in the hospital in the following issue. What about Cobra Commander and Hawk both getting blasted on battlefield and presumed dead as well? This is a card they keep playing over and over.

Dreadnok4life
08-27-2005, 02:24 AM
What about Cobra Commander and Tomax and Xamot who were supposedly killed by the Crimson Shadows in the cave, only to see Cobra Commander alive in the hospital in the following issue. What about Cobra Commander and Hawk both getting blasted on battlefield and presumed dead as well? This is a card they keep playing over and over.

I totally understand what you are saying. But what would your answer be? Never have a major character injured? Or kill them all off? Either way it's going to anger a lot of fans. By the way I am totally against killing off main characters.. it really tee's me off. I still can't believe they killed off Lady Jaye for nothing. They didn't even have Flint get revenge on baldie by putting a round through her head. That would have been a small measure of consolation. And it would have been realistic. What grieving husband wouldn't off his wife's murderer if he had the chance?