are bad seller topics deleted?? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : are bad seller topics deleted??

drveovru2
06-20-2005, 06:19 PM
are bad seller topics deleted?? if they are not, then disregard the rest of this...

i was wondering if these topics were deleted or if they fell off of the message board once they had not seen any activity? if so, i have a question as to why mods lock these topics instead of just deleting or editing the posts.... i have been guilty of chiming in on a bad topic post and causing it to be locked. if it is the message boards policy to lock posts that get ugly then someone could easily turn a bad seller post into something ugly and it would disappear and people would nolonger be able to view what sellers were accused of doing a poor job or accused of taking advantage of other people. someone could have a buddy or alternate id to help get posts locked... just a question i had about how easy it would be to make a bad seller post disappear after a few months/../..................

i understand you could just start another post, but the second post usually isnt as informative as the first... a good example of someond doing this is this post http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=22353&page=2&pp=10&highlight=figuresdirect

me and tanner chimed in and caused it to get closed...

BIGFAN
06-20-2005, 08:46 PM
maybe some get lost when the board transitions from one place to another but none are deleted as far as i know

Ann G
06-20-2005, 10:29 PM
THey usually are not deleted by mods unless the person who originally posted the thread asks it to be deleted.

Some stuff may have been lost in the transition between boards or the threads are so old, the board deleted them.

dockingbay97
06-20-2005, 10:50 PM
I have never known one to get deleted. Some get locked. Some get content deleted when it gets too far out of control or people are posting personal info.

I think there is a shelf life but I don't know off hand what it is. I think it is a substantial amount of time like in the measurement of years.

drveovru2
06-21-2005, 06:49 AM
thanks for the replies..no sense in leaving this one up..delete it.

BIGFAN
06-21-2005, 12:03 PM
topic closed. we will leave it here in case someone else has the same question