Question about GI Joe Marvel TPB [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Question about GI Joe Marvel TPB

zartanspal
06-29-2005, 10:57 AM
I just found out that they released the whole Marvel comic series in trade paperback editions. I was wondering if anyone knew of the cheapest place to get all of them. I checked amazon and I could only find vol. 1.

flywheels
06-29-2005, 12:17 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the reprints only ran to the 60s, not the entire series.

Kir Kanos
06-29-2005, 12:26 PM
I am trying to complete the original marvel series too. I can never find the digest's ebay or in comic shops. A friend of mine let me read the ones he has, which cover about issues 1-30. They were hard to read because the print is so small.

Good luck though.

Mysterious Stranger
06-29-2005, 12:48 PM
I think Smalljoes has them all so far. Up to issue 50. They were released in 10 issue runs so there are 5 TPBs so far.

I hope they continue the run. I'd really like to have them all and finding the individual issues, while not impossible, would be really costly and I just don't have the patience to track them all down.

danielmd06
06-29-2005, 03:49 PM
Devil's Due did indeed release the first fifty issues of the Marvel series in five softcover volumes. You should be able to track them all down pretty easily. Try some comic shops and ebay.

Also, the old comics themselves are not particularly expensive (up to the final four issues or so), so you can try ebay for those, too.

Mysterious Stranger
06-29-2005, 05:10 PM
Actually it wasn't DDP that printed the TPBs it was Marvel themselves. But their license has expired and reverted back to Hasbro so we won't see anymore TPBs from Marvel.

Now this doesn't mean that DDP won't pick up the license for the Marvel run and finish the TPB run but I don't see that happening.

danielmd06
06-29-2005, 06:42 PM
Just picked out my TPB volume #5 from the closet and Mysterious Stranger is totally right! My apologies for a misleading statement above.

Since I had pulled it out I actually started thumbing through volume #5, and needless to say, had forgotten that the TPB's were so cool. They allow you to read speedily through the old issues without pause.

Plus, you don't have to worry about ripping up your comic collection to read your favorite tales for the umpteenth time.

willie mays hayes
06-29-2005, 08:18 PM
I am trying to complete the original marvel series too. I can never find the digest's ebay or in comic shops. A friend of mine let me read the ones he has, which cover about issues 1-30. They were hard to read because the print is so small.

Good luck though. when i go to look for comics i go to a place called half price books they sell joe comics for .50 a piece. i went this last week and got 27 comics for like $13.oo

Beach Head
09-11-2005, 04:32 AM
when i go to look for comics i go to a place called half price books they sell joe comics for .50 a piece. i went this last week and got 27 comics for like $13.oo

Is that an online dealer?